Dunlap....out

Pipe dream, but the guy can coach. Already lives here, and has as many commitments as Major does at this point!

Kidding aside, college and NBA are just too different, I just can’t see any reason the Bobcats going back to a college coach this time.

Maybe the Bobcats can look at Alan Major. He has done a great job turning this program around into what it is today.

Rumor has it Phil Jackson is considering coming out of retirement.

If he really wants to get back into the game, MJ better open the check book.

[quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:27745”]Rumor has it Phil Jackson is considering coming out of retirement.

If he really wants to get back into the game, MJ better open the check book.[/quote]

I just laughed out loud. No offense NN, but this is a pipe dream if I ever seen one…for many reasons. Nothing wrong with dreaming though…

[quote=“NinerAlum04, post:4, topic:27745”][quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:27745”]Rumor has it Phil Jackson is considering coming out of retirement.

If he really wants to get back into the game, MJ better open the check book.[/quote]

I just laughed out loud. No offense NN, but this is a pipe dream if I ever seen one…for many reasons. Nothing wrong with dreaming though…[/quote]

I’ve seen his name being thrown out when talking about the Cleveland opening. Why not at the Bobcats?

[quote=“LoyalNiner, post:5, topic:27745”][quote=“NinerAlum04, post:4, topic:27745”][quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:27745”]Rumor has it Phil Jackson is considering coming out of retirement.

I just laughed out loud. No offense NN, but this is a pipe dream if I ever seen one…for many reasons. Nothing wrong with dreaming though…[/quote]

I’ve seen his name being thrown out when talking about the Cleveland opening. Why not at the Bobcats?[/quote]

They could have a much larger plan. I don’t see Phil just coming to the Cats, but if they have free agents lined up to join should Phil come on board then I could see it. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

it’s a joke firing dunlap. what was he supposed to do with this roster? they need to give him more than one season.

Oh, you tripled the win total in one year? See ya…

I think this sums it up:
From @NOTSportsCenter
“BREAKING: #Bobcats fire coach Mike Dunlap after one season. They felt he was the problem, not their Conference USA caliber roster.”

Quoted because I’ve never seen sarcasm on the Internet and I’d like to remember this momentous occasion.

Phil Jackson is never coming here to coach, not in a million years.

Dunlap was ok in his first year, but let’s not act like going from 7 to 21 wins was some great accomplishment. What if the Bobcats won four games last year and then 12 this year? Same thing.

Bottom line, no one but the Hornets (see what I did there) knows what goes on behind closed doors. Heard that there is a lot more interest in the job than this time last season.

New logo, new uniforms, new court and new coach, now lets get some new players to go with that 8)

Did anyone really expect Dunlap to make the playoffs with this roster? Lord no. I thought the last month the Bobcats looked much better than they did in the middle of the season. How in the world are we gonna attract a good new coach if we ran him off after 1 yr with this roster? That is my concern.

Only way to attract a new coach is by telling them we are going back to the Hornets and they can be a part of something special.

Once they make the new hire it’ll be 6 coaches in 10 years.

Constantly changing coaches and missing on lottery picks = the exact opposite of how to succeed in a small market in the NBA

Just read the observer article. Players didn’t get along with Dunlap, that coupled with the second-worst record in the league resulted in his firing, granted, this roster was really bad.

Was the wrong hire to begin with. Better find someone good this time around…

[quote=“Basden05, post:11, topic:27745”]Phil Jackson is never coming here to coach, not in a million years.

Dunlap was ok in his first year, but let’s not act like going from 7 to 21 wins was some great accomplishment. What if the Bobcats won four games last year and then 12 this year? Same thing.

Bottom line, no one but the Hornets (see what I did there) knows what goes on behind closed doors. Heard that there is a lot more interest in the job than this time last season.

New logo, new uniforms, new court and new coach, now lets get some new players to go with that 8)[/quote]

What if he were to choose to buy an enclave and infect the region with… enlightenment? Could be a worthy come-out-of-retirement cause. West to East. Save The South from itself. SDS --> SNCC, etc.

Not suggesting it’ll happen.

(The thread is based on far-fetched comments. Why not another?)

He’s a big fan of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, making me a big fan of Phil Jackson.

Pay him.

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:15, topic:27745”]What if he were to choose to buy an enclave and infect the region with… enlightenment? Could be a worthy come-out-of-retirement cause. West to East. Save The South from itself. SDS --> SNCC, etc.

(The thread is based on far-fetched comments. Why not another?)[/quote]

Its hard to really describe how much I love this post.

Its amazing

[quote=“casstommy, post:17, topic:27745”][quote=“anipalcraig, post:15, topic:27745”]What if he were to choose to buy an enclave and infect the region with… enlightenment? Could be a worthy come-out-of-retirement cause. West to East. Save The South from itself. SDS --> SNCC, etc.

(The thread is based on far-fetched comments. Why not another?)[/quote]

Its hard to really describe how much I love this post.

Its amazing[/quote]

Anipalcraig for NNN 2013 POY.

Again, zero percent chance of Phil Jackson coaching here

More realistic targets are Alvin Gentry, Nate McMillan and Byron Scott

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/23/3999171/bobcats-fire-coach-mike-dunlap.html