Dustin Crouser (MLB) - 2013 verbal

Verbally committed tonight per Chuck Landon with the Herald-Dispatch

ESPN

Scout - 2 star

Had an offer from Wake per ESPN.

Highlight video

247 sports has Wake listed with an offer too.

All-State LB after his junior season. 131 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 4 sacks. This site has him as one of the top players in the state. As you all know WV is no slouch when it comes to HSFB.
http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=205400216
Loving this pickup.

http://www.wvmetronews.com/sports.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=54586

So Iā€™m not recruiter or scout and I know that a highlight video is supposed to make him look good, but I think Crouser will be a good player for us. It looks like he is really good at reading the play before he commits to an attack so that he is always around the ball and doesnā€™t take himself out of the play. The only thing that would concern me is whether he can learn to read the play faster so he doesnā€™t hesitate quite as long. I think that little bit of hesitation might be a problem in the faster college game.

Again, Iā€™m not a scout but I think he will be a really good player for us.

Nice get. App was worried we would take their recruits. Now it looks like the ACC in the state are getting worried.

He looks like he might be around 6ā€™3 235 by the time he hits our turf on game day.

Unfortunately, it is being reported on twitter that Dustin Crouser has torn his ACL and is out for the rest of his senior season.

My prayers are with this kid for a speedy and successful recovery.

[quote=ā€œLoyalNiner, post:5, topic:26895ā€]So Iā€™m not recruiter or scout and I know that a highlight video is supposed to make him look good, but I think Crouser will be a good player for us. It looks like he is really good at reading the play before he commits to an attack so that he is always around the ball and doesnā€™t take himself out of the play. The only thing that would concern me is whether he can learn to read the play faster so he doesnā€™t hesitate quite as long. I think that little bit of hesitation might be a problem in the faster college game.

Again, Iā€™m not a scout but I think he will be a really good player for us.[/quote]

Crouser should be able to learn the reads and play much faster than he did in high school. Not to knock his coach but he basically just played and was never really taught how to read the linemen. He is very sharp and will learn quickly.

He has had surgery to repair his torn ACL and will more than likely red shirt the 2013 season. Rehab is on schedule and all will be fine. It was great that they honored his offer after his injury. This team has a great head coach and staff.

Welcome to the board and glad Crouser still seems to be committed to Charlotte and we are still committed to him. Iā€™m not surprised that the knee injury will result in a redshirt next season but I think it really is a smart move. Hope the rehab continues to go well.

Andā€¦heā€™s out here!

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/583273092388163585

David ScottVerified account ā€@davidscott14

LB Dustin Crouser, @Charlotte49ersā€™ second-leading tackler last season, has left school. Wonā€™t play again for Charlotte.

Best wishes to Dustin and whatever he chooses to do next.

This blows. I was looking forward to seeing him out there again this year.

We still have really good starting LBs (Cook and Molby) but if they get hurt againā€¦ruhroh

We still have really good starting LBs (Cook and Molby) but if they get hurt againā€¦ruhroh[/quote]

the lack of depth showed up last yearā€¦ as we will learn, the depth chart is going to be the key to having a thriving program.

2deep, 2deep, 2deep.

You have starters in football, but the backups play so many snaps and fill out the special teams. So the quality of a football roster is really about the 2 deep, at a minimum.

Also, think about how much pressure this puts on us to keep guys like CCM and Cook out there for every snap in the 2nd half, when they might benefit from taking a breather for a few snaps.

I have no idea what the circumstances here were, but I find myself wondering how much tinkering and influence our new DC is having.

Hate to see him go, thought he was gonna be a good one. Definitely need some playmakers in the front 7

I am a little short of flabbergasted on this oneā€¦but very, very surprised nonethelessā€¦more information please from someone who knows

David Scott said he has left school for ā€œpersonal reasons.ā€ If he is leaving without even finishing the semester, must be something serious going on back home in West Virginia. Tough loss for sure.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article17118581.html

David Scott said he has left school for ā€œpersonal reasons.ā€ If he is leaving without even finishing the semester, must be something serious going on back home in West Virginia. Tough loss for sure.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article17118581.html[/quote]

Hopefully he can take care of what he needs to and is able to get back on the field somewhere, soon

Did Wynn leave as well?