Eagles Release Garcia

So the Eagles released Garcia, what should the Panthers do at this point? Should we go after him after we signed Feeley, I know Garcia is a better option than Feeley but i don’t know how we get around his contract…i would be all for releasing Feeley if we could get Garcia…thoughts?

oh and the link for some reading…
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4517060

if the panthers can get him, do it, no questions.

This.

This.

This.

People were saying we let the Eagles get Garcia last time because our first choice was Feeley. Who knows whether that’s really true or not…

So is Fox going to play dumb, & let Garcia get signed a 2nd time?

As an Eagles fan I’ll tell you this about both of this QBs

1. AJ Feeley is simply a product of the system that Andy Reid has going up in Philly. He can excel in it at times, but can also flounder as well. But when he’s tried to play for other offenses (Miami and San Diego) he’s struggled very much…don’t count on him very much.

2. Jeff Garcia was a guy I had very low expectations for after those bad years in Detroit and Cleveland, but when he got to Philly he simply won games (5-1 as a starter for the Eagles.) The guy knows how to run an offense and will win games for you, he’s the guy you want over AJ.

People were saying we let the Eagles get Garcia last time because our first choice was Feeley. Who knows whether that's really true or not..

If true I have even less confidence in the Panther’s personnel decisions than before.

Sign Garcia today.

UMMMMM…

NO BRAINER!!!

[SIZE=7][COLOR=teal][B]SIGN GARCIA!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I wouldn’t really want Garcia right now. He got cut for Kevin Kolb and he’s not gonna do much better than Delhomme has.

I wouldn't really want Garcia right now. He got cut for Kevin Kolb and he's not gonna do much better than Delhomme has.
Garcia is better than our 2 backups and is not worse than Jake!

Yeah, I guess, but he’s not gonna want to come to Carolina and sit on the bench.

Garcia needs to go to the Raiders- he was in camp with them and it’s his last good shot to have a couple of years. Russell is awful.

Jake’s the guy for the rest of this year for good or bad.

Offensive coordinator and Fox shoould go after this year as well. Let Peppers walk and kinda start over with a new coach, get a QB in the off season and hope the best for the rest of the year.

Garcia needs to go to the Raiders- he was in camp with them and it's his last good shot to have a couple of years. Russell is awful.

Jake’s the guy for the rest of this year for good or bad.

Offensive coordinator and Fox shoould go after this year as well. Let Peppers walk and kinda start over with a new coach, get a QB in the off season and hope the best for the rest of the year.

Didn’t they cut him because he was a problem / complaining that he wasn’t starting?

This thread is funny. Currently our biggest problems aren’t at the QB position. Jake didn’t lose the last two games for us.

I don’t think Jake lost the game against Dallas, but he didn’t win it. But I don’t think Garcia is going to win you many, if any, games.

Panthers main issue is fixing the o-line and being able to run the game. That being said, I would take Garcia to put heat on Jake. Garcia > Feeley.

I wouldn't really want Garcia right now. [I] He got cut for Kevin Kolb[/I] and he's not gonna do much better than Delhomme has.

He costs more than Kolb…

Panthers main issue is fixing the o-line and being able to run the game. That being said, [B]I would take Garcia to put heat on Jake. Garcia > Feeley.[/B]

This.

I wouldn't really want Garcia right now. He got cut for Kevin Kolb and he's not gonna do much better than Delhomme has.

He actually got cut for Trotter but I get what you’re saying. Kolb was considered more valuable in Philly.

I’d add this as well - he lost the QB battle in Oakland to Russell. Look how well he’s doing. I’d sign him, but tempered expectations people.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;434145]He costs more than Kolb…

[/QUOTE]

He’s also not as good.

I would have taken Garcia over Feeley too, but that’s because I think Feeley is terrible and Garcia is decent. But, I don’t think Garcia is going to put any more heat on him than Feeley does. Neither is particularly better than Jake, neither is a long term solution. I don’t think Jake is a long term solution any more. But for putting pressure on him, Feeley does that just as well as Garcia.