@Eastern Michigan 9/1 pregame

First game of the year!

EMU made a bowl last year for the first time in 30 years. They’ve got 9 starters back on offense so it’s going to be tough. On a side note EMU plays on gray turf.

Game notes:

EMU is a two touchdown favorite.

I see the game is set for ESPN3. Do you guys know if any restaurants/bars are going to stream it by chance? Be nice to watch the opener with some fellow Niners!

Your best chance is U City Pics.

Looking back at last years game stats we lost the turnover battle 3 to 1 which includes a pick 6. We also had a turnover on downs at their 11 yrd line and a missed field goal earlier in the game. If we would have cut down on the turnovers this would have been a very different game.

Our biggest unknown on the D-line seems to be the one area that EMU also has an unknown (O-Line). One article I read says they are replacing 3 fulltime starters due to graduation. It will be interesting to see who wins this battle and also if we will be forced to blitz more.

[quote=“Hawthorne_49er, post:5, topic:31048”]Looking back at last years game stats we lost the turnover battle 3 to 1 which includes a pick 6. We also had a turnover on downs at their 11 yrd line and a missed field goal earlier in the game. If we would have cut down on the turnovers this would have been a very different game.

Our biggest unknown on the D-line seems to be the one area that EMU also has an unknown (O-Line). One article I read says they are replacing 3 fulltime starters due to graduation. It will be interesting to see who wins this battle and also if we will be forced to blitz more.[/quote]

They killed us last year. We had a couple of offensive linemen and Kalif hurt. We couldn’t get anything going.
I think the next two weeks are going to be tough for us.

Our offense looked completely different when Klugh stepped in last year. Of course by that time the game was well in hand, and EMU had called of the dogs. I forgot how good of a game Washington had last year against them. 20 carries for 120 yards.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869280

One concerning factor is that EMU’s starting QB, Brogan Roback, was suspended that game, and their back up had no issue picking us apart. Roback is one of the better QBs in the MAC, and might be one of the top QBs we face this year.

We are going to have to score a lot of points to win this one.

clt loves the over.

https://www.getmoresports.com/charlotte-49ers-vs-eastern-michigan-eagles-preview/

I think Charlotte has a shot in this game. Not sure how much Eastern Michigan lost, but I feel like if we had started Klugh the entire game it would’ve been closer and who knows maybe we would’ve had a chance to win.
I think it’ll come down to how well our DL plays. If we can get some solid play out of our DL I really like our chances here.
Oh and of course limiting turnovers is always key, can’t be dropping punts like we did last year.
Wish I could watch this game, but I’ll be coaching during it.
GO NINERS!

The 49ers strength, their front four, were depleted. That is bad news facing a team like the Eagles that are going to try to run the ball down your throat. Coming into this game, Eastern Michigan has three capable running backs to do just that. Adding to that, the Eagles’ quarterback is familiar with his targets and should keep them balanced on offense.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_qMu_rXpo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

EMU press conference, they talk about us @ the 8:00 mark.

I do like our LB’s. We’re going to need them to really step up in all facets until we see what the DL is or is not capable of.

Just like last season, this game is a good measuring stick of how good we should be.

Win it/lose close and I think we might have the talent to go bowling, lose big and its another wait till next year season.

Dang, just saw their tailgate lots open 3 hours before kickoff. I thought our 4 hours was bad. That’s barely enough time to setup, cook, and pack up again.

Love your write-ups 2k. Keep doing your thing!

[quote=“Niner17, post:17, topic:31048”]Love your write-ups 2k. Keep doing your thing![/quote]Appreciate that, Niner17.

Today’s presser with Lambert, TL Ford and Tyriq Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=​V87nSXNmhiM

Predictions?

49ers, 8.5 Million, Eagles/Hurons minus 20.