Ebuka Izundu - 2015 C - requested release from LOI

One key factor in this that Izundu’s family in the US is the Victory Christian Center. Leaving Charlotte means he is losing his support network.

i hope you’re right. i believe we are the best fit. he can come in, play early but also learn behind thorne, clayton, and sullivan and then get the opportunity to start as a sophomore. He would be close to home and have more talent to work with then at clemson.[/quote]

It is the ideal situation. Reminds me of Demarco Johnson coming in when Jarvis Lang was a senior. Both went on to have all conference level careers playing 4/5 for us.

i hope you’re right. i believe we are the best fit. he can come in, play early but also learn behind thorne, clayton, and sullivan and then get the opportunity to start as a sophomore. He would be close to home and have more talent to work with then at clemson.[/quote]

It is the ideal situation. Reminds me of Demarco Johnson coming in when Jarvis Lang was a senior. Both went on to have all conference level careers playing 4/5 for us.[/quote]
I saw Jarvis a couple of weeks ago. He is 43 now and I do not have any doubt that he could earn a starting spot on the team today. He is a physical speciman.

can you imagine the frontcourt of him, thorne, clayton, sullivan, a possibly improved blakely, and whoever else we add in the frontcourt for 2015? that is ridiculous to think about that size and length.

Don’t forget the Benas kid that is listed at 7’.

Don’t forget the Benas kid that is listed at 7’.[/quote]

how did i forget him? that is a great potential frontcourt. it would take so much pressure off of thorne and clayton to not have to worry about getting in foul trouble that they could play really agressive. i would love to add maybe vrankovic to that to give us another big guy with back to the basket skills.

i hope the staff is calling this kid every day and letting him know how badly we want him.

RT @Coach_Rick57: NC Top 80 Ebunka Izundu will be committing to Charlotte http://t.co/Uz4RXwQfjv

HUGE get.

Like I said before. Right player at the right time for the right school.

I am absolutely thrilled.

well done last night, and now this! almost too much great news for a 49er basketball fan to deal with!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

clt highly endorses this. A smart move by this young gentleman.

[quote=“NLP49, post:69, topic:28786”]Like I said before. Right player at the right time for the right school.

I am absolutely thrilled.[/quote]

HUUUUUUUUGE!!!

Best recruit commitment since Rodney??

Wow!! Big time get!!

Maybe starting football pissed off the basketball program…basketball is trying to remind us that we are a basketball school?!

[quote=“TRLeader, post:73, topic:28786”][quote=“NLP49, post:69, topic:28786”]Like I said before. Right player at the right time for the right school.

I am absolutely thrilled.[/quote]

HUUUUUUUUGE!!!

Best recruit commitment since Rodney??

Wow!! Big time get!!

Maybe starting football pissed off the basketball program…basketball is trying to remind us that we are a basketball school?![/quote]I hope so. We’re going to need something to help us forget we have a football team next year.

RT @JustinDYoung: .@Coach_Rick57 told me about Ebuka Izundu a while back. I think he’s a top 65 player in 15. Big size/motor/future. Steal for Charlotte.

Cupboard is getting some nice depth for once.

He must have been at the game last night and like the rest of us, was thoroughly impressed.  Could have made the difference.

[quote=“J Felt, post:76, topic:28786”]Cupboard is getting some nice depth for once.[/quote]Yep. Tempering my excitement though because we’ll probably have a shelf break in the offseason.

Great land! Excited to see some bigs commit. Maybe this makes Brown reconsider as more talent is coming in? Probably not but one can hope.

247 lists him at 210 lbs, but the Observer said he is 180. I don’t know who is correct but I hope his “signing day package” comes with a hat, t-shirt, and a $500 Dairy Queen gift card.