ECU Athletics operating in the red

0 Likes

This is one issue that thank the Lord, (and honestly Judy too) we don’t have. At least we know our budget is not dependent upon winning the way ECU’s clearly was, and App’s probably is. Now we need to win and see what can do with the influx.

0 Likes

Moral of the story, don’t outspend what you bring in in your worst season of record.

0 Likes

At least we have a baseline for both revenue sports now. :joy:

3 Likes

ECU might have planned future budgets based upon what the American Athletic Conference was receiving from its tv contracts earlier in the 2010s. The amount of tv money has diminished since then.

Football, men’s hoops, and baseball cost them about $11,000,000 out of a $39,000,000 budget. Assuming they spend about the same on men’s and women’s sports, do their other men’s sports cost $8,500,000? They dropped men’s soccer a few years ago.

0 Likes

That sucks for me. I have a meeting with them to sell them some athletic storage equipment next week.

Then it goes from bad to worse for those guys.

http://www.reflector.com/News/2018/09/07/ECU-trustees-get-discouraging-student-enrollment-report-from-provost.html?utm_source=Business+North+Carolina+Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=5c1e19bbcd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_9_7_2018&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7ae5defd0d-5c1e19bbcd-122549317#new_tab

0 Likes

clt asks when do we pass them in enrollment at this rate?

0 Likes

We have already.

0 Likes

We passed ECU’s enrollment in 2016 and UNC-CH’s this year. We are second only to NC State in terms of enrollment now.

0 Likes

I was searching online for enrollment numbers for this year - are they out anywhere yet? 2017 was 29,300+

0 Likes

http://www.reflector.com/ECU/2018/12/06/Transfers-helping-Pirates-settle-debt.html

0 Likes

clt says that could be problematic for their new coach

0 Likes

Official enrollment numbers usually do not come out until mid to late January of each year.

0 Likes