ECU Baseball Comes to Town March 6th—>8th

Our baseball team completed an impressive sweep of St John’s today to improve to 8-4. This coming weekend the Pirates roll in to raid The Hayes. If you’re a casual baseball fan this would be the perfect time to catch a game, the last time ECU was here it was a great atmosphere.

Look forward to sharing a Cabarrus Cotton (draft :call_me_hand:) at Norm’s Tavern with some of y’all as we protect the house.

4 Likes

It’s going to be a big challenge for the guys. ECU is 8-3 after dropping 2 of 3 in their tournament in Greenville, including a 2-1 loss to a 10-1 Ole Miss squad.

There will be plenty of purple out and about all weekend. Hoping a few of our fans find the time to come take in a game and support the team.

3 Likes

I’ll be out there early Friday to tailgate.

1 Like

SRO left for Saturday

For those you inclined to get prepped for the big weekend series:

2 Likes

Rough one tonight, dropped the opener 14-4. Hopefully we got all the bad and they got all the good out of our systems.

1 Like

This is an ECU home series. 75% of the Hayes was purple and gold. Tough to sit there and listen to their sh*t all day.

I guess if the AAC is watching this will help our chances, since we will provide more opportunities for ECU fans to see their team play.

1 Like

Makes sense. Plenty of ECU grads in Charlotte. No Charlotte grad would ever live in Greenville.

I normally try to stay positive but that was a disappointing turnout from our fan base. If we are who we think we are or want to be at worst that should be a 50-50 crowd split. I know not everyone is a huge baseball fan but the event should have brought more of us out.

We’ve had some great cultural/Niner community showings this year (Bahamas Bowl/App and Clemson road games ) but this wasn’t our finest hour.

Hopefully we can get one tomorrow, going to be tough though ECU is very good.

1 Like

Not nearly enough anger.

Baseball is just boring as shit.

1 Like

What?!? You don’t want to be bored AND humiliated simultaneously???

EZU 4 Charlotte 1

That’s certainly one opinion.

You think shit is boring? Try going two weeks without one and you will find it very exciting when it happens.

2 Likes

That sucks. Maybe you should get that checked out

I love all things Niners so I want us to do well. I am not a fan of the sport of baseball so I don’t attend many games. I try to make it out to the uptown games though. The one thing I’ll say is if I do go I’m gonna yell and make myself heard and yell. Our fans probably need to just be louder and more involved be it baseball basketball football or soccer