ECU Baseball Comes to Town March 6th—>8th

Be this person at games!

1 Like

Yep, she’s a fixture at Transamerica Field and don’t mind her a bit. Now if I never heard Imagine Dragons played at a Niner soccer game ever again, I’d be a happy guy!

1 Like

So how badly did we lose today?

I feel the same way about soccer, but when the soccer folks tell me we’ve got a big matchup at Transamerica field, I do my best to show up and support the Niners.

We had an in-state rival who was nationally ranked, from a conference that everyone here expects us to get an invitation to just because, and we let them take over the place. The Pirate Club had an event in our tailgating lots, I’m not sure where the 49er Club was. The few 49ers who showed up had a good tailgate and represented as much as possible, but were overrun by purple.

This is the most disgusted I have been with our fan base in a long time. Everyone dropped the ball on this. It wasn’t nearly this bad when they came 2 years ago.

I can take getting our asses kicked on the field, but we got our asses kicked in the stands, in the tailgating lots, everywhere.

2 Likes

Good point! But you must realize that NinerNation is not all about showing up, we’re about bitching.
Maybe the (relatively new) can turn this around too.

3 Likes

I don’t know who that is, but no matter how many times I hear her yell that, I always smile.

2 Likes

The baseball game today probably lasted 3 hours, and there were 16 total hits. On average, that is more than 11 minutes between hits. Baseball is like fishing in a pond to me. Slooow.

Now admittedly, I don’t know enough about baseball to appreciate the defensive battle, or the chess game that is going on between the managers, or whatever else is happening on the field that makes this interesting. Oh, I know it is there, I just don’t know enough to get it.

Baseball is like golf to me. I love to play it, but hate to watch it.

Their fan base looks for an excuse to show up, wear their colors and be loud. That’s cool and I hope we can get there one day.

3 Likes

Exactly. The ECU fans weren’t there just to watch baseball. They were there to support their team, hang out and drink beer with other Pirates. The baseball game is secondary.

The good thing about baseball is that is a social event. You don’t have to know the intricacies of the game to enjoy it.

What percentage of people going to Knights games do you think actually care who wins or loses? The fans obviously care more in the college game and the atmosphere is a little different, but same idea. People can go watch a game and spend 3 hours hanging out with their friends and family.

clt says ezu fans show up for the only sport they are pretty good at currently

1 Like

So you are saying I need to get some friends, or I will have to hang out with family? Boy, this is going to be tough.

They scanned 17k tickets a game for football during Montgomery’s last season. They support sucky teams better than we support winning ones.

in all fairness, our stadium doesnt hold 17k and they’ve had football for many years. let’s see where our respective programs are in 10 years. ecu athletics not exactly doing great right now($).

You’ll get no argument from me when you point to our potential over theirs. But that’s all it is right now, potential.

They had to suffer through some poor leadership. Sounds familiar.

theyre ahead of us right now in terms of fan support, as they should be but i think hill is doing a good job of trying to mobilize students and invite them to support us as opposed to judy’s regime. of course, if we win, it makes the whole thing a lot easier. btw, do we play ecu in hoops next season?

We don’t need to compare ourselves to ECU or anyone else. We do need to seek improvement. I firmly believe our current leadership is doing that.

1 Like

Yes, we do play ECU in basketball at home next year.

1 Like

i hope we beat them by 40.