ECU Baseball Comes to Town March 6th—>8th

Definitely some truth to this. I like the track we’re headed OVERALL but it’s fair to acknowledge we don’t have great fan support in every sport. I trust Mike Hill is doing everything he can to bring fans out.

It is not hard to find friends at a baseball game. You should be fine.

My friends 26 Acres and Cabarrus Brewing Company are always there to hang out with me now.

1 Like

I came Saturday. Definitely going to go back

1 Like

Having beer there is a game changer.

3 Likes

$2 beers will get more fans to come out there

Bring three of your closest friends and split a beer! :grin:

I know they’re a lil gunshy about beer at baseball because of its already chirpy, in-your-face setting. Adding more cheap alcohol to that fire probably isn’t at the top of their list of things to do. Sounds like they’re running out of $8 beer already as it is, and no room to store more.

Like another poster, I love playing baseball, hate watching it.
I go to some games but did not want to see us get swept by ECU.
We have to get better.

Will go to uptown games, need to win one.

If they are running out of $8 dollar beer, then all the power in the world to them

Thirsty Thursday deals are great for the causal fan. Just make every day thirsty.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that’s the price at JRS & Halton as well.

1 Like

I know the Coors and Miller are $6. $8 is probably for the craft brew/cider/wines.

Worth every penny.

1 Like

ECU baseball is important to them, it might even be #2 behind football. Like has been mentioned before ECU fans like to party with other Pirates and I’m sure a lot of people were there to be around some purple, but they do have a larger built in baseball fan-base as well. Our people who aren’t really into baseball usually make the Uptown games their once/twice a year baseball outing. I also know the Alumni Club is having an event for the Uptown Games and would imagine the 49er Club will have a presence there as well. They probably didn’t want to have so many baseball events so close together.

All that combined to let The Hayes be overrun by Pirates. Now we know though, and if this series is renewed and they come back in two years it’s time for all hands on deck that can make it to rep and party with other Niners.

4 Likes

I don’t believe Mr. Bojangles point was whether you think baseball is boring or not. Surely ECU has fans that also think baseball is boring. Yet, they still had more fans at or stadium than we did.

1 Like

Our baseball team is working to get better and will get better. Our fans need to do the same.

2 Likes

Bottom line reality: great teams create great fans. Consistently great teams create consistently great fans.

I hope you are right. I used to have season tickets but lost interest.
If the team gets better the fans will follow, but the team has to lead.