ECU/SJ filibuster

Can’t believe we let Bowden get away. Really huge loss for us.

It was nice to meet some people at the tailgate and sit in the real fan section. I know where I’m sitting for the rest of the season. NWA had the best shout of the night when he said, “LEBO! This is what happens when you schedule real teams.”

This is the first time in years that I’ve actually been confident in this team. There are a lot of things we need to clean up, but I’m overall happy with this squad. Especially considering how young they are minus Bras. The defensive toughness is fun to watch. Refs used our physicality as a way to keep game closer though.

This team finally has “athleticism.” I know that is such a general term, but it’s a great change of pace from years past when when played at a tempo beyond our ability, giving up a lot of turnovers, and we couldn’t take it to the rim. We finally have scorers and don’t have to rely on a Leemire, or Anderson to shoot 3s, or a Braswell to be our only big scorer.

we made one 3 point field goal and won.

one word. TOUGHNESS.

that is all.

We are a team of athletic guys who can slash and finish at the rim. The difference between this team and of teams of the past is huge! How many points out of the paint did we have?

We would say some years that we were deep…this team would put those teams to shame. We can sub and have NO drop in production. That’s the BIGGEST change I think.

I hated how the refs tried to control the game with their ticky tac fouls.

I would of like to see a couple plays for Benny to get some 3s after he made that one. His biggest weekness is creating space. I’d also like to see Ingram take at least one 3 early on.

Hell of a game. Love watching this team play. Everyone is driving hard and finishing at the rim.

Major stated in postgame that ECU is a very good basketball team. I respectfully disagree.

Now that is posting I can get behind!

[font=Helvetica][size=15px]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/12/01/3700651/49ers-win-with-youth.html[/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][/size][size=15px]clt says utter is back. [/size][/font]

[quote=“Powerbait, post:4, topic:27192”]This is the first game this year where I have been disappointed with our play. I will chalk it up to a week lay off, but we were sloppy and played out of control regularly.

We should have won this game by at least 25. I recognize that we dominated them wire to wire, but we really just let an awful team stay within 15 points of us. EZU wouldn’t finish in the top 15 of the A-10 this year.[/quote]

The first game of the Alaskan tourney was pretty bad and was it that or one of the next that we had like 5 straight TO?

We coulda played better but def wasn’t our worse performance. Twill had some sick up and under finishes.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=que__A9EpMI&feature=player_embedded

Bos Score: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323362429

[quote=“cibik02, post:28, topic:27192”][quote=“Powerbait, post:4, topic:27192”]This is the first game this year where I have been disappointed with our play. I will chalk it up to a week lay off, but we were sloppy and played out of control regularly.

We should have won this game by at least 25. I recognize that we dominated them wire to wire, but we really just let an awful team stay within 15 points of us. EZU wouldn’t finish in the top 15 of the A-10 this year.[/quote]

The first game of the Alaskan tourney was pretty bad and was it that or one of the next that we had like 5 straight TO?

We coulda played better but def wasn’t our worse performance. Twill had some sick up and under finishes.[/quote]

Texas State was equally bad. We don’t do as well when our rhythm is disrupted. That means we’re gonna be a tough out come tournament time when we get to play all the time.

[quote=“cltniners, post:27, topic:27192”][font=helvetica][size=15px]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/12/01/3700651/49ers-win-with-youth.html[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=15px]clt says utter is back. [/size][/font][/quote]

Love the quote by Lebo about our size putting them at a disadvantage. Didn’t StillJonesing say that we had no one that could match up with their bigs and that we would get pushed around.

Lol already in my sig

[quote=“LoyalNiner, post:31, topic:27192”][quote=“cltniners, post:27, topic:27192”][font=helvetica][size=15px]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/12/01/3700651/49ers-win-with-youth.html[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=15px]clt says utter is back. [/size][/font][/quote]

Love the quote by Lebo about our size putting them at a disadvantage. Didn’t StillJonesing say that we had no one that could match up with their bigs and that we would get pushed around.[/quote]

Size kings are no match for Major Size Kings. (That sounded CLTesque).

25 points from our freshman. Can’t hate that.

Only giving up 2 offensive rebounds to ezu is an awesome stat. Especially with their 20+ 3 attempts.

EZU fell for the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown multiple times. Idiots.

Paging Stillblowin’. . .you should’ve took my bet, pendejo. Oops, your uncle Fester laid an egg in Halton. Does that mean you will stop flapping your gums on how great EZU stats are? I have to hand it to EZU on defense against us tonight, though. There was a moment I thought your uncle was heading to the locker room putting on his tarhole uniform to help EZU out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a sorry excuse for a ecu message board where they talked about the game? I googled and found a few and found nothing on the game. Do they have basketball fans?

Excellent and timely work. well done.

It is funny…

SJ said Bowden and Richmond were proven/dependable shooters - arguably the best in CUSA: 1 for 7 collectively

SJ said we wouldn’t be able to handle their size: we outrebounded them 41-17 (and Lebo mentioned our size disrupted them)

SJ said they were a better defensive team: we scored 46 points in the paint!!!

SJ said they were a better team: We shoot 1 for 9 from three and miss 12 FTs and still beat them by 12!!

SJ said their program was headed more so in the right direction: We have beat them by 12 both games each of the last 2 yrs and tonight we started 3 Freshmen and 2 Sophmores!!

COME EAT YOUR CROW BAY-BEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Saw that board but nothing on the game. Am I missing something. Their whole site looks like a tweets.