Edward Van Halen and all things guitar 🎸

Glad you are giving some love to Wishbone Ash. Argus is a great album with the songs “Warrior” and “Time Was” among others. It also has one of the greatest gatefold album covers ever made.

1 Like

Another manic flute playing front man (Thijs van Leer) who had a pretty decent guitarist (Jan Akkerman) in the band:

2 Likes
1 Like

I bet lots of you have a Yamaha ra-200 in your house

1 Like

Too bad TS&E didn’t book Rammstein for BofA during the latter’s recent US stadium tour.

clt says book them at haltron!

The explosive devices, flamethrowers and giant foam-spewing dildos that give their shows a legendary reputation…

I have never seen them in person, but that would be a crazy one fo sho

1 Like
1 Like

How can the track that changed the course of modern music, more than anything since Elvis, not be #1?

Who dose thou love?

Saw Thorogood at Ziggys in WS in the 80’s on his 48 states in 50 days in a taxi tour. He had his full arena set up inside Ziggys. It was crazy loud and awesome. Thete were a ton of bikers there and my dumb ass friend wore a pink Izod with the collar popped to piss them off. Coulda died in about 20 different ways but carried on. In Thorogoods bar shows he would always turn his guitar over and go by the front row and tap you on the head like he was knighting you into the round table. So funny to see people fight to get to the front to stick their neck out to get tapped then their reaction later like they just scored in the super bowl. Good times were had by all.

Kansas 2.0 lineup - Steve Walsh successor John Elefante on lead vocals + keyboards. Twin guitars of Rich Williams (Dean Cadillac) and Kerry Livgren (Gibson ES-335 + keyboards).

“Put me on the phone with Prince,” said television and live event producer Don Mischer, rallying his production team later that stormy morning.

“Now, I want you know that it’s raining,” Mischer told Prince on the phone.

“Yes, it’s raining,” answered the performer.

“And are you okay?” Mischer wanted to know.

The Purple One, the artist formerly and forever to be known as Prince, had only one question:

“Can you make it rain harder?”

It won’t let me embed, so you have to watch on YouTube. I watch this at least once each year. I get tears

Old Ziggys. I remember first seeing G Love and Special Sauce there I like 1993-1994. Great show. The music of my youth was is awesome

The Philly special. One of my favorite bands all time and favorite drummers

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve ever seen original Rush drummer John Rutsey in concert footage.

BTW, I have been to St. Catharines - a very, very long time ago!