Edward Van Halen and all things guitar šŸŽø

Satriani, Vai + Johnson cover Zappa:

1 Like

That is wicked cool! Itā€™s pretty impossible to look cool on stage next to Steve Vai when you have huge ear muffs on and a big ass guitar, but EJ was playing some wild stuff. Poor Satch, he looks like the star in that movie Powder

Saw Holdsworth many years ago at some hole of a place on South Blvd near the Dowd Y that is long gone. Donā€™t even remember the name of the venue but definitely remember the player who influenced many a rock, metal and jazz guitarist, including EVH.

dukes of hazzard bikini GIF by VIASAT3

George Lynch get any love here? I always liked his playing with Dokken and then the Lynch Mob. Another seldom lauded guitarist was/is Vito Bratta of White Lion. Unfortunately, in 1997, Bratta suffered a wrist injury that made playing the guitar difficult.

1 Like

I would take Lynch over copycat Mayer any day. That audio interview just posted indicates that Lynch took over lessons for Randy Rhoads when he joined Ozzy. I had a very early screamin demon humbucker in my oldest guitar that sounded amazing. I did replace it with an EVH Franky, but both are amazing pickups. I did put the Demon in another guitar

I liked Vitto, but not so much the whineE singer

1 Like

This will take an hour to watch, but itā€™s a entertaining hour

1 Like

Hereā€™s a forgotten one for you guys. Ronnie Montroseā€™s Gamma. Montrose played with Van Morrison, Edgar Winter, a very young Sammy Hagar and many more. He was a well respected guitarist and died too young. Hereā€™s to you Ronnie!

1 Like

Saw Montrose at the Park Center (now Grady Cole Center) back in the '70s. And yes, a young Sammy Hagar on lead vocals. And a much younger me!

Time to get the funk out

1 Like

Crazy story:

Itā€™s amazing anyone survived the crash, much less carry on

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s for sure.

This video gives you a very good idea of who Dee Snider and Al Gore really areā€¦Snider really exposes the dangers of government censorship.