ESPN rates C-USA 2012-13 men's hoops OOC

lololololololololololol

What a coward.

*for trying to rationalize away a loss, not making the bet

STILL TRIPPING … if Briscoe is a marginal D1 player then Miguel Paul and Brock must really suck because Briscoe sure beat da hell out ah them 2 out of 3 games head up avg 12.6 ppg.

Marshall and Memphis both made the ESPN “10 best noncon skeds” list. Thought ECU might make the “worst noncon sked” list, but ESPN focused on BCS schools on that one!

We had several guys lined up in the early period last year and the previous season. Still time for us to get a guy or 2 in the early period.

STILL TRIPPING … if Briscoe is a marginal D1 player then Miguel Paul and Brock must really suck because Briscoe sure beat da hell out ah them 2 out of 3 games head up avg 12.6 ppg.[/quote]

I only say that because of where he transfered. I do think you guys were crazy for running him off though given you didn’t even use that scholarship I believe. At worst he was a legit threat from the outside and to get hot a few games. You guys really don’t have much in the way of proven 3 point shooting this year. Unless the Benovic guy works his way into your rotation I really don’t see how you keep teams honest and off Braswell.

A tribute to StillJonesing … Deuce/49ers vs ECU 2nd half video 2011-12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOk0xV8y1yE&feature=g-upl

The look on Lebo’s face is PRICELESS :))

are you really talking smack about recruiting with us? did we offer that australian kid? no. you would kill to get a player that we want and you know it. i would say you could talk smack about football recruiting but i have looked at your recruiting list and i am not impressed. and you arent losing recruits to us because we do not recruit against ecu for anybody we really want.

[quote=“trollfool, post:26, topic:26994”]A tribute to StillJonesing … Deuce/49ers vs ECU 2nd half video 2011-12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOk0xV8y1yE&feature=g-upl

The look on Lebo’s face is PRICELESS :))[/quote]

Duece made Shamar look silly in the last few seconds of that video lol.

STILL TRIPPING … if Briscoe is a marginal D1 player then Miguel Paul and Brock must really suck because Briscoe sure beat da hell out ah them 2 out of 3 games head up avg 12.6 ppg.[/quote]

I only say that because of where he transfered. I do think you guys were crazy for running him off though given you didn’t even use that scholarship I believe. At worst he was a legit threat from the outside and to get hot a few games. You guys really don’t have much in the way of proven 3 point shooting this year. Unless the Benovic guy works his way into your rotation I really don’t see how you keep teams honest and off Braswell.[/quote]

Jonesy,
Haven’t you been paying attention. We are going to cause EZU to turn the ball over with our even better defense. Then we are going to take the ball to the rim and foul out all of your bigs. At the same time we are going to be shuffling 3 and 4 guys in and out so we can run up and down the court causing Lebo to throw his arms up in disgust saying “Oh Shit, We should’ve scheduled a DIII team instead.” This team will not be passing around the arc looking for an open 3. That’s not what Major has built here nor wants here.

Niner55, last year you never found a 6-11 replacement center (and still haven’t) for the one you lost to us, and had to settle for a couple of PF’s you got commits from weeks later, after the fact. Finally you got a late summer 6-6 PF with bad knee’s as a fill gap after you drew more recruiting blanks on getting a center with size. This is looming real big now with Thorne being the only real size you have next year and still looking like a big project. You needed a guy like Guilmette on campus and you still haven’t found him.

It’s mid October and you’ve yet to even land a recruit this year. You lost Brandan Stith to us 2 months ago. Major wanted him bad, in fact you offered him before we even got in the picture and were one of the very first offers and schools recruiting him. Keep telling yourself we haven’t become a major player in the region for top mid level talent when we’ve beat you guys Richmond, ODU, VCU etc the last two years head to head on players we both wanted.

I see no Miguel Paul or Akeem Richmond caliber talents Major has brought in either. I see overated players like Nickerson you specifically hyped up as the second coming that have struggled and others like Lester who couldn’t qualify. Major is lucky Lutz left him the talent he did because he has had exactly two players that have even been contributing much of anything in his first 2 classes.

SJ, please provide some info that we were still recruiting Guillmette. Good luck with on your search.

Go pull up the thread you started and had on him on this board. Fact is you offered him and his recruiting was heating up when he commited to us not the opposite. Spin it all you want, infact you even tried to tell me at one point you already had Clayton and the other guy commited to you first when they commited weeks later after Guilmette had commited to us. You were still looking for a Center with size even into late spring and still haven’t got one. Good luck getting a 6-10+ 3 star big, those don’t exactly grow on tree’s and the later it gets now the harder it will be, if you get one at all. You’ve already had to fill that spot with the Croation JUCO and 6-6 PF with bad knees as stop gaps when you drew blanks before.

[i](on the confirmed offer of Guilmette by UNCC) This kid has a ton of interest and around 10 offers. I wonder when he plans on shortening his list and where we stand, cause if he adds some bulk he seems like he could be a good fit....[b]Jfickett[/b][/i]
[i]I would anticipate his offers to keep increasing, with more high major schools coming into the picture. He's a target that we are definitely zoned in on right now......[b]2k[/b][/i]

That’s exactly what happened and then he commited to us.

On his commitment

[i]this gives me confidence that we can land one of the big men that we are targeting if they are able to land this kid. good pickup for them.......[b]Niner55[/b] [/i]
Only you still haven't.

Why the hell would anyone make a season bet with you? We don’t schedule Divsion 2 teams like you do, and we play in a much tougher conference if you didn’t know.

Stop being so chicken shit and put your money with your mouth is. ECU was a 6.5 favourite last year, not 8, get your facts straight, aren’t you a numbers guy? See when Vegas see’s you have a nice little record, they fail to realise all the crap teams you have played up until that point. I made a bucket load off that game, one of the easiet games I have ever bet on.

Remind me again, when was the last time ECU won 20 games in a season?

We play in CUSA Eastern Division where all the stength of our conference is. You don’t play as strong of a conference schedule as we do and Lebo has faced and beat more top top 100 RPI teams while at ECU overall than Major has.

We play in CUSA Eastern Division where all the stength of our conference is. You don’t play as strong of a conference schedule as we do and Lebo has faced and beat more top top 100 RPI teams while at ECU overall than Major has.[/quote]

Again, you only reply to parts of everyone’s comments. I asked when was the last time ECU had won 20 games in a season? Please let me know. The difference between you and us is that we actually know we have been crap for some years now, yet you consider ECU’s results over the last couple of years as actually good, which is laughable.

“You don’t play as strong of a conference schedule as we do”

Wow, this just keeps on getting better and better. You do realise that Southern Miss, Tulsa and UAB all have new coaches this year right? They are all in rebuilding mode and will not be very good at all. So you play five games over these teams, plus against Rice, Tulane, SMU and Houston. Yeah Memphis and Marshall will be tough NCAA calibre teams, but that’s it.

On the other hand, we face potenial tournament teams in VCU, St Joes, Temple, Saint Louis, UMass and to a lesser extent Butler.

Care to take that comment back or?

We play in CUSA Eastern Division where all the stength of our conference is. You don’t play as strong of a conference schedule as we do and Lebo has faced and beat more top top 100 RPI teams while at ECU overall than Major has.[/quote]

ECU sucks.

[move]
[size=6]News Flash! This isn’t 1998[/size].[/move]

Please talk ish about Guillimette when he does something. Until then, it’s a non-issue. I’ll warn that you not hype him up as the second coming, which I don’t think anyone on here really did for EVic. Do I think we expected him to contribute a little more, sure, but not be our savior. That would be silly.

Lol. Yep, what I thought. You do realize that at some point you are going to have to beat us on the court if you want to run smack, right? I mean, that’s kind of how it works.

Lebo can’t go like 1-8 or 2-7 against Major and still be annointed as a God, can he?[/quote]

You know you didn’t have to ask that. :)) It has not and will not ever be a factor for stillblowing. Never has there been a bigger smack talker from a guy whose team has a losing record against the other team.

Holland, not Lebo. If only the UVA pipeline was deeper you would a be final 4 caliber team. Carry on.