ESPN thinks highly of Lebo

This might be my biggest regret about joining CUSA, continuing to have to read past the most delusional…wait, check that, the only delusional ECU fan. I know there are a handful of other fans out there, but they seem to usually know and admit to how badly they have sucked and continue to suck. What will it take to shut down this guy’s interminable sunshine pumping?

I guess he got pretty quiet for a while after the Niners went to ECU’s home court and handled them easily. We’ll just have to keep doing that over and over, or else hope they cut off internet access at the Greenville asylum.

wait, you should get incentives for being .500 in conference play? That should tell you all you need to know.

Also, you gave a coach an extension for accomplishing NOTHING. Ohhh, but Penn St came after him!!! I forgot that they were a basketball mecca.

Major hasn’t even won 8 conference games total

Major has not, I’m not debating his merits. If Major wins 8 conf games he shouldn’t get a bonus for winning 8 in 1 season.

Why would you receive merits based on being average? I’m guessing because that’s a step up for your program historically. That is not worthy of additional compensation at Charlotte.

Yeah 8 wins in conference should just be expected not given a bonus for it. If Major doesnt get us there this year his ass should be canned.

I understand though - winning 8 conf games at ECU is a big deal.

It’s just an extra incentive that he should get most years, and like I said there are others for NCAA’s and winning there. Playing in CUSA east the last 2 years however was no cake walk. We had a Top 40 and top 75 overall SOS’s and our OOC SOS’s were 200+ so that should tell you just how strong our conference schedules were playing all the top half 2 times. Winning 8 conference games was actually a pretty nice accomplishment when you have the context of a #42 SOS which was basically all the strenght coming from CUSA. For comparison your SOS averaged 125.

With the right board, that’s a StillJonesing Bingo right there by itself!

He would have if he had been playing in C-USA the last 2 seasons.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:26819”]That blog was about the job not the coach, which makes the thread title and several post pretty stupid.

We paid our coach $616k his first year after incentives. I think most any person would rather work at a job paying $166k more a year than say your job for example, especially if it’s in the same conference. The bottomline is to rank it as the worst job is a joke with what we pay, what we are currently investing into facilities, and the overall biggest budget/fanbase in New CUSA. It’s going to be the highest paying job in New CUSA, hey but that equals the worst job. ::)[/quote]

Told you guys.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:26819”][quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:26819”]That blog was about the job not the coach, which makes the thread title and several post pretty stupid.

We paid our coach $616k his first year after incentives. I think most any person would rather work at a job paying $166k more a year than say your job for example, especially if it’s in the same conference. The bottomline is to rank it as the worst job is a joke with what we pay, what we are currently investing into facilities, and the overall biggest budget/fanbase in New CUSA. It’s going to be the highest paying job in New CUSA, hey but that equals the worst job. ::)[/quote]

Told you guys.[/quote]He thinks getting a practice facility puts them AHEAD of most schools when in reality it just puts them on par with any self-respecting mid-major program.

[quote=“Niner National, post:31, topic:26819”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:26819”][quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:26819”]That blog was about the job not the coach, which makes the thread title and several post pretty stupid.

Told you guys.[/quote]He thinks getting a practice facility puts them AHEAD of most schools when in reality it just puts them on par with any self-respecting mid-major program.[/quote]

Oh, I know… I just like sarcastically saying prior in this thread that he’d throw that out there and he goes right ahead and does.

I’m inside his head.

Things that matter to Stilljonesing:

*High school basketball stats
*Shitty RPI numbers
*the fact that they are grossly overpaying a coach who gets beat *almost 60% of the time he faces a D1 team
*That one time over a decade ago ECU “owned” D Wade
*irrelevant SOS numbers

It seems as if they only thing you dont actually put an onus on is actually winning basketball games. You should try caring about that a little more.

[quote=“casstommy, post:33, topic:26819”]Things that matter to Stilljonesing:

*High school basketball stats
*Shitty RPI numbers
*the fact that they are grossly overpaying a coach who gets beat *almost 60% of the time he faces a D1 team
*That one time over a decade ago ECU “owned” D Wade
*irrelevant SOS numbers

It seems as if the only thing you don’t actually put an onus on is actually winning basketball games. You should try caring about that a little more.[/quote]

LOLOLOL. I nearly spewed my coffee.

Reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion; StillJonesing is definitely the Scotty Olson of ECU.

Hey now. Until he hypes up a shitty incoming JUCO point guard to the point that he’s ready to retire his jersey immediately, he’s no me. Oh wait, he has done that… Carry on.

[size=16px][font=sans-serif]I’ve cheered with Skoddy Olson, I know Skoddy Olson, Skoddy Olson is a friend of mine. [/font][/size][size=16px][font=sans-serif]StillJonsing, is no Skoddy Olson[/font][/size][size=16px][font=sans-serif].[/font][/size]

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:18, topic:26819”]…and yet Penn State tried to hire him away from us unsuccessfully last year. That’s even after they made the NCAA’s that year he still stayed at ECU. We don’t have a bad job and our coach is still marketable. I don’t see anyone trying to hire Major away from you guys.[/quote]Lebo would be a fool to go to Penn State or any other school with expectations.

Truth!!

Our SOS was 3 times as strong as yours with most of the strenght from playing in CUSA east. Neat myth though.

We currently have use of a practice facility for our basketball teams. This is a new 2 court, new locker room, training room, media rooms, ECU hall of fame building etc, etc built into the arena but we have all of that stuff currently in some form. This is a new 15 million dollar investment into our basketball program. When’s the last time you put 15 million into your basketball program? I looked up your 1 court practice facility and others in CUSA that actually have them (lots don’t UAB is an example), and we will certainly have one of the nicest practice facilites in CUSA next year. We pay more, our basketball budget and spending is larger, it’s hard to argue we aren’t putting more into our basketball than you guys or most of CUSA. It will be one of the best jobs in new CUSA.