Event: Niner Nights on July 31 and August 1

For those that couldn’t make it, can we get a recap?

I was the old guy who won the basketball tickets! It was a great turnout and great panel discussion. I was at the he first one at Hendrick Motors 4-5 years ago and the attendance was around 25 or less. Such a good feeling to feel positive about our athletics!

4 Likes

Lots of good natured banter peppered with promises of a bright future. The one thing I gleaned was that rebranding is going to take a long time, not be rushed, and be designed to appeal to 12-14 year olds. This from Mike Hill’s opening speech.
Oh yea, I did learn that athletes can now enter the transfer portal without notifying their coaches, which can lead to some nasty surprises.
The food was simple but tasty. New softball coach and new director of women’s athletics were there. New baseball coach was not. I was the old guy who did not win squat.
Oh yea, Healy had his car towed the night before and sold tickets to his Uber driver on the way to pick it up. The man has a future in politics if this football thing does not work out.

2 Likes

Most important, our dunk can is in no way connected to or inspired by Butch Jones’s failed “plastic” dunk can at UT.

clt says we are going to rebrand to a fortnite dance

1 Like

That guy that won the women’s basketball “coach for the day” sure was a handsome devil.

2 Likes

clt says a shot a Karen?