Fall Camp Observations

Iā€™m starting to think weā€™ve upgraded and gained experience and depth on the defense, but I donā€™t know if I can make that statement about the offense.
I donā€™t think we can improve on the rushing defense numbers because they were so good and teams were more effective passing against us, so why rush? I do think the secondary will be better because short of being great tacklers, they werenā€™t that good last season (defensive scheme had a lot to do with it, frickin soft zones with no coverage in the middle).

The offense, I have no idea about.

clt says Osborne will shut down his side of the field

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool as long as we donā€™t get Cruz killed in practice. He could possibly win us a few games this year with his leg.

1 Like

Cruz WILL win some games for us this year. It will be totally by design and choreographed like Nobel Prize winning art. Looking at you, appies. :laughing::trophy::pick:

Sorta makes sense when you consider what can happen during a special teams play.

What time is practice this Saturday (8/10)?

3 Likes

I thought the defense was much better today. They are deeper than the offensive group as well. The secondary is suffocating and the d line really got after the quarterback.

Shirreffs had a really good practice today. I donā€™t think heā€™s in the race anymore but he stood out.

Lots of drops today. Kean in particular hit several guys in the facemask.

Reynolds is a model of consistency. He makes good decisions. When Kean is on, I think Kean has a higher ceiling. Kean was better today.

Cruz is ridiculous. I think he was the best player on the field today. We had some trickery going on, which was fun to see, but heā€™s automatic from 50.

1 Like

CRUUUUUUUUZZZZ!!! Golden.

I love to hear this, but the scary part is that they are facing our offense. It is always a double edge sword in the preseason.

Iā€™m going to make the drive out to see the scrimmage tomorrow. Where do we park, in the area that is next to the stadium?

One of the tweets said lots around the stadium including the gold lot.

1 Like

CRI deck is probably best bet.

I backed off from attending today. I live almost 3 hours away and was worried it would be washed with rain. I will be there the 29th rain or shine.

weā€™re all judging you :grin:

1 Like

I need this shirt