Fantasy Football poll, Warner vs Romo

Ok, based off my previous post, who would you rather have on your fantasy team?

this is easy. Forte is way better than Portis. He started crappy but will get much better.

With Romo vs Warner being a coin flip, do it to get Forte.

To go from Portis to Forte, no debate on this one.

This one is not even close. Forte > Portis by a mile. Portis couldn’t do anything against the Rams.

Romo makes a lot more mistakes…Warner is much more accurate and you know he’ll be throwing the ball 30 times a game, with minimal INTs. Cowboys relying on the run a lot more this year.

Portis is old. Forte is supposed to be a fantasy stud this year and I suspect that offense will start to find a good bit of balance in the coming weeks.

Man, I wish I could see things as easily/quickly as you guys. A mile better?

Portis:
Rushing yards: 1400
Yds/carry: 4.3
Rushing TDs: 8

Forte:
Rushing yards: 1200
Yds/carry: 3.9

So far this year, Forte is only averaging 2.2. I fear a slight sophomore slump. I know Forte should get the nod because of the receptions. But Portis had a down receptions year and it really remains to be seen if Cutler will pass as much to the RB as Chicago did last season.

Portis:

Forte:

So far this year, Forte is only averaging 2.2. I fear a slight sophomore slump. I know Forte should get the nod because of the receptions. But Portis had a down receptions year and it really remains to be seen if Cutler will pass as much to the RB as Chicago did last season.

Last year was different. Forte was a rookie. And Washington’s offense was not this bad. Yes, Forte has struggled this year, but it’s attempting to throttle down Cutler…

And don’t forget, Portis is a good bet to break down toward fantasy playoffs, while Forte should be ready.

[QUOTE=Normmm;433039]Man, I wish I could see things as easily/quickly as you guys. A mile better?

Portis:

Forte:

So far this year, Forte is only averaging 2.2. I fear a slight sophomore slump. I know Forte should get the nod because of the receptions. But Portis had a down receptions year and it really remains to be seen if Cutler will pass as much to the RB as Chicago did last season.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know the stats, but I bet Forte absolutely crushed Portis in receiving yards and TDs last year. Forte has played two tough defenses and Cutler hasn’t been throwing him the ball. The matchups will get better and Cutler will start checking down to him more often.

As I said before, Romo and Warner are pretty much equal to me, Warner is the bigger risk IMO, but not big enough to downgrade from Forte to Portis.

Warner and Forte is the easy call I think, especially if you can afford to stash Leinart on your bench in case of a Warner injury. Warner becomes much less risky if you can keep Leinart on your roster.

It is a toss up between Warner and Romo to me as well. Warner is definitely more of a risk, especially as the season moves on and the weather gets worse. Last year he played a couple of the worst games possible in the cold and snow. He got humiliated in NY and was benched at halftime in NE. He can’t even grip the ball in adverse weather. That being said Warner has possibly the easiest and warmest playoff schedule of anyone other than Drew Brees this year. In weeks 14 to16 Warner’s schedule is as follows: @SF/@DET/STL. Those are nice matchups for Warner. Warner’s schedule plus having Forte can make you real dangerous come playoff time.

It is a toss up between Warner and Romo to me as well. Warner is definitely more of a risk, especially as the season moves on and the weather gets worse. Last year he played a couple of the worst games possible in the cold and snow. He got humiliated in NY and was benched at halftime in NE. He can't even grip the ball in adverse weather. That being said Warner has possibly the easiest and warmest playoff schedule of anyone other than Drew Brees this year. In weeks 14 to16 Warner's schedule is as follows: @SF/@DET/STL. Those are nice matchups for Warner. Warner's schedule plus having Forte can make you real dangerous come playoff time.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I’m not as down on Romo as some. He actually has better fantasy #s over Warner, over the past 3 full seasons. But your point about the playoffs for Warner is a good one. Thanks.

Portis:

Forte:

Way to completely throw out receiving yards and TDs. And that was last year.

Portis couldn’t do anything against the Rams. The team that Julius Jones lit up. That should say it all.

I’m actually not as high on Forte as some, but there is 0 risk of him losing his job. He’s also younger and less injury prone. He certainly won’t average 2.2 yards per carry all year.

Way to completely throw out receiving yards and TDs. And that was last year.

Portis couldn’t do anything against the Rams. The team that Julius Jones lit up. That should say it all.

I’m actually not as high on Forte as some, but there is 0 risk of him losing his job. He’s also younger and less injury prone. He certainly won’t average 2.2 yards per carry all year.

??? My last paragraph I said “I know Forte should get the nod because of receptions, but last year was a down year in receptions for Portis”.

I think on the surface it’s a no brainer to go with Forte. But he does scare me a little because he’s only been in the league 1 season. Maybe he becomes a Rudy Johnson or Jamal Lewis. With Portis, barring injury, you kind of know what you’re getting.

[QUOTE=Normmm;433160]With Portis, barring injury, you kind of know what you’re getting.[/QUOTE]

a poop sandwich

You’re overthinking this. Forte is a runaway better option than Portis.

Romo vs Warner = push with the other players involved.

You're overthinking this. Forte is a runaway better option than Portis.

Romo vs Warner = push with the other players involved.

Thanks. No doubt I’m probably over thinking it. The thing is, I’m not really filling a need, which would make it much easier to pull the trigger. In this case, the guy is just really high on Romo and wants him. I’m just afraid of it biting me in the a$$ since I’m not filling a need.

Just want to add I had portis last year on my team and the second half the season he put up, or didn’t put up was rediculous. Pretty much lost me my league on his run for 3 yards and fall down plays at the end of the year.

Thanks. No doubt I'm probably over thinking it. The thing is, I'm not really filling a need, which would make it much easier to pull the trigger. In this case, the guy is just really high on Romo and wants him. I'm just afraid of it biting me in the a$$ since I'm not filling a need.

Are you serious? How does this bite you? Yes, Warner is more injury prone, but Portis breaks down at the end of years.

On the draft board, Forte is a top 5 pick, with Portis being a second rounder. Warner and Romo arguably could go at the same point in the draft.

never a hard decision. If you feel its a fair trade and you feel good about it then take it. thing is everyone looks at indv stats (Andre one week is a bust then goes ape **** next week and his avg numbers look good). They still got to perform on sunday

Thanks. No doubt I'm probably over thinking it. The thing is, I'm not really filling a need, which would make it much easier to pull the trigger. In this case, the guy is just really high on Romo and wants him. I'm just afraid of it biting me in the a$$ since I'm not filling a need.

So give him Romo, you acquire a QB on the same level and you also just improved your odds of winning your league by making his team weaker without Forte.

There’s a need.

Are you serious? How does this bite you? Yes, Warner is more injury prone, but Portis breaks down at the end of years.

On the draft board, Forte is a top 5 pick, with Portis being a second rounder. Warner and Romo arguably could go at the same point in the draft.

I did the trade. But what I mean about biting me is Forte. I don’t think he’s a proven commodity yet. Just one year in the league. I’d feel more comfortable if this was like his 3rd season.

And I don’t always go by the draft boards. I get what your saying, but I also go off my own instincts. For instance, last season I had Brandon Marshall as the #1 receiver, where many boards didn’t even have him in the top 10. This year I think Matt Ryan could be a top 3 guy at QB, while most boards had him around 10.