FAU Game Thread

Wow, what a game. I thought an illegal block at the end of the first half really set us back. Good showing in the second half with several solid stands by the D. And Cruz put his cajones on the table with that kick. Ecstatic to see Kiffin eat some crow and see Lambert go out with a Win

1 Like

Classy last interview on TV from Lambert. Only nice things to say about program. Cruz is just awesome!!!

5 Likes

Lambert = class act!

3 Likes

Kiffin shook Bradā€™s hand and I donā€™t think said a word to him.

Fug kiffin

Screw Lane

Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzz!!

2 Likes

wasnā€™t that Charlie Weis that hugged him after Kiffen brushed Lambert off?

Think so

Plus we trump them in conference standings. Double win

1 Like

Turdburger in Paradise. Sleep well, Lane.

3 Likes

Great win, new coach should be excited with the players we have returning.

1 Like

Nice win for Niners and for Coach. Kick was dead perfect. Go Niners.

2 Likes

Hill tweet:

Mike Hill

@rmikehill

Words donā€™t do justice for what this @CharlotteFTBL team just did. Incredible fight shown by our players and coaches. We owe @coach_lambert49 a debt of gratitude for the class and professionalism he has exhibited his entire career here. And thank you, seniors!! #GoldStandard

9 Likes

Happy for our coaches and players. They deserved this win. Felt great to keep Lane out of a bowl. He is scum.

We were real close this year. Hate we couldnā€™t get to 6, but they played well.

Weis son is OC at FAU

Proud to be a Niner tonight!

3 Likes

That was in essence our bowl game since we missed out on a real one (and fwiw, FAU played their bowl game in Boca last season too). So Iā€™m happy it ended on that note.

Very classy final interview by Lambert. Gotta tip my hat to him. Iā€™m glad he and the team had that moment together. It was fun to watch.

6 Likes

Today was a good day to be a Niner. What a game.

1 Like

With few exceptions we were competitive and worth watching all year for the most part. And this game was very similar to the season in a lot of ways.

I was furious with how we managed the clock and the game at the end of regulation. I know weā€™ve got a good kicker but our last few plays were like we were within the 20 and just trying to set up the last second FGā€¦but from 50+??? Wellā€¦it worked out. And Iā€™m happy it did. For Coachā€¦and the kids. They really and truly deserved to win this game and to walk off the field as winners. Winning the last game of the seasonā€¦Not many teams get to do that.

Congrats to the team and thank you Seniorsā€¦and good luck at your next stop Coach Lambert!!

4 Likes