Favorite 49er Basketball Uniforms

Niner Nation, you know what’s up. Let us know! 🧐🤔 pic.twitter.com/bkEdT9HFKU

— Charlotte Men’s Basketball (@CharlotteMBB) April 28, 2020

This tweet got me thinking this morning. What are your favorite niner uniforms from through the years? Include pics.

4 Likes

Yup! Those and this one

1 Like

The gold ones were the real deal.

4 Likes

These were the best in the recent era, would love to see something like this again in the rotation.

2 Likes

The Demon Brown & Rodney White version are my all time favorite…2nd is the Henry Williams & Byron Dinkins Gold

1 Like

I believe those would have been the Harv-Al uniforms. They primarily make hockey uniforms, and I liked them too. It is nice to be able to design our own look instead of just picking a Nike template.

1955 Uniforms

3 Likes

Bad sign when the coach is taller than his players. :wink:

Does Mr. Bo remember the actual color of the unis when he took the photo?

2 Likes

#21 was apparently never tested for hgh

Pretty sure #10 on the '55 Charlotte Owls is one-time “Voice of the 49ers” John Kilgo.

2 Likes

When I went back to 1955 in the Delorean, I wanted to swing by and take in a basketball game, but it was the same night as the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

If I had to guess, I’d say they were navy blue based on this logo.

charlotte college logo2

1 Like

The hornet’s nest is easy, but what is the red thing hanging in the tree?

Did a little research and found the picture in question with the guys identified. You are correct that #10 was Kilgo.

clt wants the skyline back on our shorts

After observing the handshake, has to be the The Grinch’s hat.

After observing the handshake, has to be Judy’s hat.

FIFY

No. 10 is indeed John Kilgo. The uniforms were maroon and white. The coach is Buddy Smith, played at Wake Forest. This same uniform design was used until the name change to UNCC.

2 Likes

Plastic bag?