Favorite beer

Well, I am a beer snob. The old Warsteiner line “life’s too short to drink cheap beer” rings true as your tolerance for hangovers fades.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Any type of Ayinger (Doppelbach, Altbayerisch, etc.)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Maiselsweisse (Dunkles/dark or Helles/light)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Franziskaner[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Chimay (red, white or blue labels)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Okacim Porter (Polish)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Budwar (the REAL Budweiser)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Smithwicks[/SIZE][/FONT]

I can’t stand wheat beer…

I know a lot of people like it, but it just makes me want to vomit.

Blue Moon all year long…that is if you can find it…Flying Saucer is the spot for draft…it’s crazy the selections they have and lets not forget the ladies

[QUOTE=queencity9er;179542]Blue Moon all year long…that is if you can find it…Flying Saucer is the spot for draft…it’s crazy the selections they have and lets not forget the ladies[/QUOTE]

I earned my plate there last October. Anyone else got one there?

Since we’ve got so many beer snobs in the house, maybe we need to have a NNN beet meet at the Saucer?

[QUOTE=moss2k;179132]Bud Light, Red Oak (made in Greensboro), and Yummylings are my favs[/QUOTE]

Red Oak is fantastic. Their Battlefield Black is also really good.

Beer better for you than wine: official

We should get together, & have a Niner Football Beer Fest.

[URL=http://www.webkingpins.com/cgi-bin/waffle/nph-waffle.cgi/010110A/http/www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/28/beer_better_than_wine/]Beer better for you than wine: official[/URL]

i’ve been telling myself that for years

I can't stand wheat beer...

I know a lot of people like it, but it just makes me want to vomit.

I understand that. It actually makes my friend in Bavaria get migraines. But to each his own…pilsner to me is like taking a beer mug and capturing swill from the toilet.

How can anyone go wrong with Samuel Adams. It is always a good decision! Within the Sam Adams family I choose Octoberfest. It is by far the best beer on the market. Too bad it is only a seasonal beer.

Off topic for a sec., In September I will have the privilege to go to Munich, Germany and experience Oktoberfest first hand (thanks to my wonderful girfriend for the awesome grad gift) and taste the world’s best beers. Maybe while I am there my opinions might change on beer. Until then I am sticking with Sam Adams.

Blue Moon all year long..........that is if you can find it.......Flying Saucer is the spot for draft....it's crazy the selections they have and lets not forget the ladies

If you like Blue Moon and Guinness, you should try a spin on Black and Tan. It is called Black and Blue. It is much like a Black and Tan, except instead of using a Lager you use Blue Moon. It is actually quite good.

How can anyone go wrong with Samuel Adams. It is always a good decision! Within the Sam Adams family I choose Octoberfest. It is by far the best beer on the market. Too bad it is only a seasonal beer.

Off topic for a sec., In September I will have the privilege to go to Munich, Germany and experience Oktoberfest first hand (thanks to my wonderful girfriend for the awesome grad gift) and taste the world’s best beers. Maybe while I am there my opinions might change on beer. Until then I am sticking with Sam Adams.

Get there early to get a seat. Trust me, you show up after noon, you’ll be waiting to get a spot. Beer tents fill up fast there. Also, don’t try to steal the mugs. The Bavarian policemen are a little bigger than normal. I was there when Dresden fans were getting “out of control” (i.e., singing too loudly and being from East Germany). 20 Bavarian riot police had a gay old time “subduing” the rioutous East Germans.

But seriously, there are six?seven? breweries in Munich who are allowed to serve. TASTE EACH ONE (Dunkel, Weiss, Helles) FROM EACH BREWERY. You will do yourself a disfavor to not try every single one of them.

Wait a minute, I’ll be there in mid September. I guess I should go, too.

Whoever sponsors the Panthers and/or Hurricanes. Yup, I’m that faithful.

:toast: some good ol sam adams and woodchuck draft cider…mmm hmmm