Favorite Charlotte 49ers Collectibles

Since we are posting pics, here are some pics of what I mentioned earlier, plus a few thingsā€¦

My big Niners flag:

Niners coffee table, made from pieces of tile. The gf made it and gave it to me and a present last Christmas:

Niners last win at home over Cinci:

Niners first ever win at Cinci:

Niners win at Syracuse in their home opener the year after they won the National Championship:

The gf also got me this last Christmas. Framed jersey with personalized autographs from Bobby and Leemire:

All of the bobbleheads collection:

:49ers:

isnt xavier nearly as good a program now as cincy ever was? xavier has never had a number 1 ranking, but they've dominated a pretty good basketball league for years, are picked to win it again, and btw we are 0-6 all time against them.

iā€™m not suggesting the A10 of today is as good as the C-USA of old, but its still a decent basketball conference and xavier is a ****ing good team. period.

so whats the difference? dont say ā€˜we dont have a rivalry with xavier like we did with cincyā€™ rivalries are created and like it or not we are going to be in the A10 til at least 2015 so we might as well start building some (finally)

not that you will listenā€¦but

who said I agree with the cincy shirt? :shades:

anyways, at the beginning of the CUSA days we were ā€œlooking upā€ to Cincy. Iā€™d like to think we are beyond the point admiring a conf foeā€¦where a ā€œbeat Xā€ shirt is worthy.

what makes you think i wont listen?

who said I agree with the cincy shirt? :shades:

good point, should have known:tongue:

just for the sake of playing devils advocate with you because im bored in classā€¦

til we beat Xavier, a team that we are oh-fer against, and until we win the conference like we used to regularly in C-USA, arenā€™t we still ā€˜looking upā€™ to the top teams in the league?

(for the record, i sincerely believe we fix this problem this year by beating Xavier twice and winning the leagueā€¦)

what makes you think i wont listen?

good point, should have known:tongue:

just for the sake of playing devils advocate with you because im bored in classā€¦

til we beat Xavier, a team that we are oh-fer against, and until we win the conference like we used to regularly in C-USA, arenā€™t we still ā€˜looking upā€™ to the top teams in the league?

(for the record, i sincerely believe we fix this problem this year by beating Xavier twice and winning the leagueā€¦)

its really marketing 101. Perception is reality. I donā€™t like assuming the position of 2nd fiddle. I think our fans, players, etc should act as if we are supposed to be the best A10 team. If you want a special Xavier game shirt, thats cool, but make fun of them somehow. Pay no homage.

Cinci was a rival because every year we were home-away with them and a riot almost broke out one night. Its was like UNCCH - Duke.

I like the whole ā€œact like youā€™ve been thereā€ mentality. Ya know, donā€™t storm the court unless you beat a top 5 team, etc. I like female analogies so here is another oneā€¦if you take the hottest girl in the bar home, play it off the next day like its habit, donā€™t high five your roommates like it will never happen again. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=metro;358239]its really marketing 101. Perception is reality. I donā€™t like assuming the position of 2nd fiddle. I think our fans, players, etc should act as if we are supposed to be the best A10 team. If you want a special Xavier game shirt, thats cool, but make fun of them somehow. Pay no homage.

Cinci was a rival because every year we were home-away with them and a riot almost broke out one night. Its was like UNCCH - Duke.

I like the whole ā€œact like youā€™ve been thereā€ mentality. Ya know, donā€™t storm the court unless you beat a top 5 team, etc. I like female analogies so here is another oneā€¦if you take the hottest girl in the bar home, play it off the next day like its habit, donā€™t high five your roommates like it will never happen again. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

all points are fair enough. when nick in marketing and i work together on a whiteout shirt, iā€™ll consider these points. weā€™ll come up with something.

I like female analogies so here is another one....if you take the hottest girl in the bar home, play it off the next day like its habit, don't high five your roommates like it will never happen again. :biggrin:

And donā€™t forget to never call her.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;357949]Picture of the clock?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8314/img00403na7.jpg[/IMG]

Did other schools have creepy looking mascots in the 70s too?

[QUOTE=HP49er;358270][/QUOTE]

Thanks. Very nice. I was curious since I was around in the era you indicated that you obtained it, I mightā€™ve recognized itā€¦but I never saw one until now.

So I have become jealous of basically everyone in this thread.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;358275]Did other schools have creepy looking mascots in the 70s too?[/QUOTE]
Actually that version of Norm was pretty cool. He got to carry a gun around in those days.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;358275]Did other schools have creepy looking mascots in the 70s too?[/QUOTE]

Creepy mascots ??? How dare you!! :wink:

Strange part was back then, Norm didnā€™t seem the least bit creepy ā€¦but looking back right now, yeah I would have to agree.

Does anyone from the ā€œHoops Eraā€ (hint: early 80ā€™s) we donā€™t like to talk about, remember a 2nd mascot that the Niners had?

It only seemed to last part of a season and I mightā€™ve been fairly intoxicated during the season, but I do remember seeing a big green furry blob-like thing, that my roommate called a ā€œbig green zitā€.

[QUOTE=HP49er;358278] He got to carry a gun around in those days.[/QUOTE]

and smoke a pipe.

[QUOTE=HP49er;358270][/QUOTE]

LOVE IT!!!

Old Norm looks like a bearded Lou Ferrigno

Funny you say that. The first person to perform as big headed Norm during the 1979-80 season was actually a female.

Interesting, Iā€™ve never seen one of the clocks! Iā€™ve got a lot of stuff but my favorite is the ticket from our only victory in the Shoe.

[QUOTE=metro;358239]<snip!>I like female analogies so here is another oneā€¦if you take the hottest girl in the bar home, play it off the next day like its habit, donā€™t high five your roommates like it will never happen again. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

So we SHOULD high five our roommates when we take a fatty home?

/I wouldnā€™t know.
//seriously, I wouldnā€™t.
///shut up!

Since we are posting pics, here are some pics of what I mentioned earlier, plus a few things..

Niners coffee table, made from pieces of tile. The gf made it and gave it to me and a present last Christmas:

That table is awesome. She could probably make some money doing some custom orders for those. But I imagine it takes forever to make.

That table is awesome. She could probably make some money doing some custom orders for those. But I imagine it takes forever to make.

Thanks. Yeah itā€™s pretty sweet. She is glad she did it, but said it was a royal pain and took a long time. There wasnā€™t a ton of cost though, the table, grout, and tile were all fairly inexpensive together, so yeah you could turn a nice profit doing these, itā€™s just that they take a long time and itā€™s apparently a very tedious process.