Favorite Musical Artists

This will be a great show to anyone who can make it. I am roadtripping up for it.

Angie Aparo with Rayen Belechere All Ages
Amos’ Southend
CHARLOTTE, NC UNITED STATES
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:00 PM
Ticket Price: $10.00 *

[QUOTE=casstommy;177372]Superdrag is a great band…never met another fan before…didnt the lead singer become some born again Christian singer?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but last call for vitriol is still a kick ass album.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;177374]This will be a great show to anyone who can make it. I am roadtripping up for it.

Angie Aparo with Rayen Belechere All Ages
Amos’ Southend
CHARLOTTE, NC UNITED STATES
Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:00 PM
Ticket Price: $10.00 *[/QUOTE]

Go see Cordova friday night dude, it will be worth it I promise.

And I will buy you a beer.

[QUOTE=casstommy;177372]Superdrag is a great band…never met another fan before…didnt the lead singer become some born again Christian singer?[/QUOTE]

Out of Knox Vegas TN. Saw them when I was there for grad school. Destination Ursa Major & Who Sucked Out tha Feelin’… great little rock band. Bassist had a killer fro.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;177381] Bassist had a killer fro.[/QUOTE]

He’s been out of the band for a while.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177378]Yeah, but last call for vitriol is still a kick ass album.[/QUOTE]

you say that as if being a born again christian precludes one from being kick ass. i beg to differ

[QUOTE=Powerbait;177386]He’s been out of the band for a while.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. He rocked.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;177387]you say that as if being a born again christian precludes one from being kick ass. i beg to differ[/QUOTE]

hahahahha, fair enough. However, for a band built on being so fully agnostic, being born again could really hurt your sound.

It, however, did not slow down superdrag for that album.

Saw the Drag when they opened up for GBV at the Cradle a couple of years ago. One of the loudest shows I’ve ever seen. They were carrying people out of that place (it was a 5 hour show). Took me two weeks to recover.

Yeah, the lead singer found God and then I never heard from them again. The bass player wrote better songs anyway.

Watching Robert Pollard sing that “Baby goes to 11” song with John Davis was pretty awesome…

The Drag is a different band than Superdrag. Seen them both, but havent seen The Drag since about '92 and assumed they had broken up. Their CD was okay, but they were much better live.

Sorry, I was referring to Superdrag. Great live band!

I heard songs by

Frog eyes
Camera Obscura
Deerhoof
Destroyer

that I like.

I listen to pavement too much. I’d like to move on. Likewise I’m a sucker for the Silver Jews.

NA: In fourth grade I was best frends with the Flaming Lips’s former guitarist’s little brother. Jonathan Donahue left and formed Mercury Rev. But back then he would pick-on Jordan, seriously get under his skin. Jordan would whine for him to stop. Sometimes he cried. Jon would leave after a minute, and we’d go on playing intelevison baseball or hockey in peace.

Years later I read in something like Magnet magazine that Jonathan hit one of the Mecury Rev guys, Grasshopper, over the head with a flute while traveling in an airplain.

That’s awesome craig :happy:

I have a buddy, who’s boss’ son was a touring guitarist for teenage fanclub. Not as cool as your story.

I love that Camera Obscura song. Deerhoof isnt bad either.

Does anyone else enjoy Biz Markie? :tongue:

I doubt many have heard of him, but I’m a big fan of Olaf Oleeson. Berzerker was a life altering song. Wish he had a longer career.

Does anyone else enjoy Biz Markie? :tongue:

Yeah, he was fresh, fly, and illin’. wooooorrrrrrrdddd!

[QUOTE=gettoff;177216]1- Prince
2- U2
3- King’s X
4- The Time
5- George Clinton and P-Funk (or any other the incarnations of the funk mob)

The rest (in no particular order)

MeShell Ndegeocello
INXS
The Black Crowes
The Roots
The Brand New Heavies
The Fugees
Y&T (hair metal at it’s finest)
Alice in Chains
Digital Underground[/QUOTE]

Dude, I actually saw King’s X at Ziggy’s in Winston Salem a month or so ago. Killer show, absolutely killer. I got to hang out a little bit with the band…at which point I learned that Ty Tabor is one of the funniest dudes alive.

I doubt many have heard of him, but I'm a big fan of Olaf Oleeson. Berzerker was a life altering song. Wish he had a longer career.

f*** your Yankee blue jeans, Berzerker!

Had a new album drop yesterday. They are one of my favorite bands.

Grab it if you get a chance. Good angst rock.

Tintin

They are just a little too generic for me.