Favorite Niners dunks ever..

You are welcome for that one. :shades:

Much appreciated, whenever Iā€™m bored i just look up Charlotte 49er videos on Youtube, and it brightens my day :).

Much appreciated, whenever I'm bored i just look up Charlotte 49er videos on Youtube, and it brightens my day :).

I was bored one day and uploaded that one.

I looked and I donā€™t have the Basden vs. Houston dunk. :unhappy:

Basden Teabag.

[/thread]

Thank you for writing this post for me.

Eddieā€™s was the best I ever saw.
Jarvis had so many that I thought were amazing that I lost count.

Tintin

[QUOTE=s9er;383128]Eddie Basden @ South Florida. Massive
The Kelvin Price coast to coast tomahawk
I can think of about 10 Jarvis dunks that were sick.
Curt vs. Bama was silly[/QUOTE]

Kinch ftw.

I am particularly fond of Coley alley-oops and the ā€œfast Eddie Basdenā€ dunk.

Hey Scotty, remember when we were playing 1 on 1 and I rose up and did a 360 windmill dunk on you? Remember it was so sick, you threw up? That was awesome.

Kinch ftw.

I am particularly fond of Coley alley-oops and the ā€œfast Eddie Basdenā€ dunk.

Where have you seen Kinch dunk?

Iā€™ve seen pictures of it.

[QUOTE=KissMyAxe;383149]Might have been '02, my memory has faded of the exact game. For you younger 9ers that didnā€™t get to see Rodney/Demon/Jobey/Diego/Zimmerman/Cam/Kenkayā€¦ well, those were fun times (2000-2001)ā€¦we spanked South Carolina and Miami two games in a row and shot lights out from the 3 line as a team in both contests (school records I believe back 2 back). We won the Conf USA Tourny as well. Won a first round game versus Tennessee in NCAAs but came up short to #1 seed Illinois.

For those of you that have only known the A10ā€¦sorry.[/QUOTE]

Those 2 games were awesome. Pacman Jones would have loved it because it was raining all night!

Jarvisā€™ dunks were so hard that they have been shaken from my memory.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;383187]Where have you seen Kinch dunk?[/QUOTE]
The Kinch jackhammer over Phil Hubbard is on the ā€œRight Here Right Nowā€ video.

My faves:

• Basden @ USF, 2002. He was in the air for about an hour.
  • Basden vs. Houston, 2005. THE most sick dunk Iā€™ve ever seen
  • Basden vs. Memphis, 2005. ā€œFAST Eddie Basden, how 'bout that?!?!ā€
  • Williams vs. Louisville, 2002. One day, Jermaine Williams will be able to tell his grandchildren that he dunked on a guy and it was so nasty, the guy quit his team the next day.
  • Clemmons vs. Appalachian, 2004. Iā€™m pretty sure he bent the rim.
  • Pigford vs. Tulane (C-USA Tourney), 2004. It was so dirty that it made SportsCenter despite being waved off on a charge.

One that nobody has mentioned yet that has to be up there.

Tremaine Gardner dunking on K-Mart in the 99-00 season.

Man, that pigford dunk was insane. He cleared the guy who ā€œtook the charge.ā€

Everyone in the arena thought that was a clean dunk.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;383200]The Kinch jackhammer over Phil Hubbard is on the ā€œRight Here Right Nowā€ video.

My faves:

• Basden @ USF, 2002. He was in the air for about an hour.
  • Basden vs. Houston, 2005. THE most sick dunk Iā€™ve ever seen
  • Basden vs. Memphis, 2005. ā€œFAST Eddie Basden, how 'bout that?!?!ā€
  • Williams vs. Louisville, 2002. One day, Jermaine Williams will be able to tell his grandchildren that he dunked on a guy and it was so nasty, the guy quit his team the next day.
  • Clemmons vs. Appalachian, 2004. Iā€™m pretty sure he bent the rim.
  • Pigford vs. Tulane (C-USA Tourney), 2004. It was so dirty that it made SportsCenter despite being waved off on a charge.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Williams dunked on that 'Ville player who we were recruiting hard but Pitino snatched last minute. Didnā€™t he go over to coach after the game and say ā€œI made a mistakeā€ about accepting "Villeā€™s scholly? Could be Niner Urban Legand stuff but I thought thats how it went.

[QUOTE=metro;383151]Galen Young alley oop from Sean Colson over Antwan Jamison
UNC overtime game 1998, NCAA rd 2.[/QUOTE]

Galen also caught one against somebody at home, I think it might have been Louisville but they waved it off caused KP set and illegal screen. But he caught it with 2 hands at the top of the backboard.

Demarco had a pretty sick and one on Bobby Brennan when we beat 3rd ranked cincy in halton.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;383200]The Kinch jackhammer over Phil Hubbard is on the ā€œRight Here Right Nowā€ video.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps not the best dunk, but certainly my personal favorite!

You can tell how good a dunk is by pictures, my dear Robby.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;383120]The best I ever saw was a Jarvis Lang dunk on a baseline inbounds play. The pass was thrown up by the rim, going towards the middle of the lane, and he grabbed it with two hands and dunked it while on the defensive players back. I cannot remember who they were playing, but that was the best one I have seen from a Niners player.[/QUOTE]

The more I thought about this dunk the more I had to try to remember who it was against. As I researched I tend to believe it was in 1990 when we played Duke, and Jarvis had like 30pts and 12 rebounds, but we lost 111 - 94 up in Cameron. Laettner had 37 and 11 against us, and just killed us.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;383249]The more I thought about this dunk the more I had to try to remember who it was against. As I researched I tend to believe it was in 1990 when we played Duke, and Jarvis had like 30pts and 12 rebounds, but we lost 111 - 94 up in Cameron. Laettner had 37 and 11 against us, and just killed us.[/QUOTE]

Was that the game that we were in until someone missed a dunk and the crazies went wellā€¦ crazy? That might have been in 91 though because I am thinking that was Rodney Odom. I remember watching it on TV my freshman year.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;383253]Was that the game that we were in until someone missed a dunk and the crazies went wellā€¦ crazy? That might have been in 91 though because I am thinking that was Rodney Odom. I remember watching it on TV my freshman year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was the following season, 1991-92. Great memory you have there.

Curt vs Bama was sickā€¦ the dunk itself wasnā€™t that impressiveā€¦ the catch/spinmove/totherim was so insanely fast that it made the play, especially considering who it was on.

One of Eddies dunks (canā€™t remember which)ā€¦ i just remember thinking to myself on takeoff that he was never going to make the rim and get stuffed by the front. 2 seconds later (or at least it seemed that long), it was dunked easily. eddieā€™s hops were deceptive.