Favorite restaurants in Charlotte

I hear ya cibik, like I said I agree that most of the ones you listed were really good. Brixx does have AWESOME pizza. I like thin and crispy, and they do that well. Luigi’s on East Blvd also makes some awesome pizza, it’s more NY style though.

Miguels is money!

A few other dives that I really like is Pile Em Up Bobs on Statesville and Brooks Sandwich House on Brevard

I also like Chris’ Deli on Independence for a quick cheap lunch

agreed.

Savor on Morehead St is another great place. They just opened for dinner to I think.

I used to love Big Ben’s on Providence until it burned down last year.

I live less than a mile from the Roasting Co now but have yet to try it. I’ve only heard great things about it.[/quote]

You lucky, lucky SOB.

1/4 Chicken with squash casserole, mashed sweet potatos, and cornbread. You can thank me later.

“Pile Em Up Bobs” FTW!!! Your arteries will thank you later! You have to get the country ham breakast sandwich… that ain’t your daddy’s contry ham biscuit, I can tell you that.

Sounds awesome. This will be my first order.

I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

I loved The Penguin, The Dish, and Picasso’s as well. Of course San Remos, Athens and Landmark, but I’ve heard all three of them closed, along with Herlockers.

I don’t eat out much, as I know I can mostly cook stuff better on my own (anyone is welcome to my cooking, just let me know). But when I do go out, I eat good. So here it is:

I gotta go with Pie in the Sky Pizza in Mooresville for pizza. Best damn pizza ever. In Charlotte, I am a big fan of Hawthornes and Librettos in Ballantyne. Librettos is awesome, check it out if you haven’t. Wolfman has some tasty pizza variety as well, but its only good everyone once in a while.

What-a-Burger is good, but throw in Fried Pickles and I gotta hand it to Penguin.

Gotta give a little love to Big Daddy’s Burgers for their Baconaise.

As for Asian, I must give ups to Ishi of course, but I dont go there as often as I used to. I really enjoyed Bangkok Ocha in S. Charlotte off Pineville-Matthews road. Its Thai food and they have some killer Thai iced tea. We’ve been a few times and its always awesome.

Sushi-Nikko’s. I used to love RuSans, especially with their prices, but I felt like it had been going downhill so I stopped going. I really need to head back there if its getting good.

Date Place - Villa Antonio. Their Friday/Saturday night is awesome. Dinner and then dancing.

BBQ is tough. Alot of places have their own unique flavors. Macs is always good. One of the best places i’ve been is in the mountains called Big Mountain BBQ. Check it out if your ever out in WNC.

Wings is another tough one. I really enjoy DD Peckers in S. Charlotte. I also love Midtown Sundries fried/grilled wings. That final grill sear is awesome, especially if you like hot flavors.

On the rare occasion I do drive through, I go with cookout.

Lets see… for Chicken, if you find something better then Price’s Chicken Coop let me know. A few people have suggested the Chicken Box up on N. Tryon. Its good, but I think because they also fry alot of seafood, I get a slight fishy taste sometimes. I know they probably use separate oil but I still taste it. I really haven’t been out to get fried chicken in a while ever since I invested in a deep fryer. But Prices is tasty.

Mexican, I like Phat Burrito, but I wouldn’t call it a mexican place. Its more like a taco shack or something. I went to a place on Central for mexican once, it was the best mexican food ever.

I’ve heard of this Roasting but never ever been there or even know where it is. Must check it out.

Also, if youve never been to Nothing But Noodles, you outta check it out. They have a good variety. Boneheads is good too. They use this piri piri sauces and grill everything. Its pretty good. There’s also a place beside it called The Flying Biscuit. I’ve never been there but its always packed.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:23497”]I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

I loved The Penguin, The Dish, and Picasso’s as well. Of course San Remos, Athens and Landmark, but I’ve heard all three of them closed, along with Herlockers.[/quote]

landmark is still open.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:23497”]I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

I loved The Penguin, The Dish, and Picasso’s as well. Of course San Remos, Athens and Landmark, but I’ve heard all three of them closed, along with Herlockers.[/quote]

Oh yeah Dish. I like Dish. Their Chicken and Dumplings are awesome. Meatloaf is excellent. I can’t remember if I have tried their other dishes. Their mac n cheese is great!

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:23497”][quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:23497”]I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

landmark is still open.[/quote]

That’s good to know. I miss Charlotte, but after living in Durham for 3 years, I think it is the best city I’ve ever lived in.

Hickory Tavern Grilled Tilapia Sandwich is good- I’m off of fried foods so grilled chicken pretty much tastes the same to me when I cover it with tomato and Texas Pete or Tabasco.

Eating out doesn’t hold much appeal if you’re trying to be healthy. All of the good sh!t like wings and pizza will fatten you up…dammit.

On a side note, I smoked some Wings and Salmon this weekend they were awesome.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:32, topic:23497”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:23497”][quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:23497”]I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

landmark is still open.[/quote]

That’s good to know. I miss Charlotte, but after living in Durham for 3 years, I think it is the best city I’ve ever lived in.[/quote]

Not meaning to try to one-up you, but Asheville and area would be damn hard to beat IMO.

I hate hippies.

I hate hippies.[/quote]

LOL- they aren’t bad, just a few uptown and they don’t bother anything. They’re too high most of the time.

[quote=“hootie, post:33, topic:23497”]Hickory Tavern Grilled Tilapia Sandwich is good- I’m off of fried foods so grilled chicken pretty much tastes the same to me when I cover it with tomato and Texas Pete or Tabasco.

Eating out doesn’t hold much appeal if you’re trying to be healthy. All of the good sh!t like wings and pizza will fatten you up…dammit.

On a side note, I smoked some Wings and Salmon this weekend they were awesome.[/quote]

Hmmm… Smoked Wings? Sounds awesome!

And I agree, Asheville has never failed me. If you want good Indian food, check out ‘Mela’. Its about as authentic as you will get in NC and outside my kitchen.

Has anyone here had Yu Yu’s Chinese Grill? Really, really good lunch. Nothing asian about it except for the girl behind the counter. Over by Tyvola and Billy Graham.

We call it “Mao’s” because it is like Moe’s but supposedly Chinese.

[quote=“ninerID, post:38, topic:23497”]Has anyone here had Yu Yu’s Chinese Grill? Really, really good lunch. Nothing asian about it except for the girl behind the counter. Over by Tyvola and Billy Graham.

We call it “Mao’s” because it is like Moe’s but supposedly Chinese.[/quote]

Thou shalt not speak of Mao!

(you’d have to be a 104 kid to get that)

Definitely more of a bar than restaurant, but NLP and myself just ate at Thomas Street Tavern. The pizza I got was delicious.