Favorite restaurants in Charlotte

I may be late on this, and I’m a bit too lazy to go back and read every post…but has anybody mentioned Mama Fu’s? That place is my jam.

No I dont think it’s been mentioned, but yeah that place is bangin. I’ve never gotten a meal there that wasn’t absolutely delicious.

Anyone tried Chima Grill yet?

Lot of good suggestions already here, but I’ll second Beef & Bottle for great steaks, Price’s (the best fried chicken anywhere) and Brixx for Pizza. For great breakfast anytime, go to Eddie’s on Sharon Amity near the Hotel Charlotte, and on the corner nearby is Mezzanotte’s Brick Oven Pizzeria. I haven’t had their pizza, but their pasta and Lasagna are really good. For great Thai food, try Thai House at Tower Place S/C on Pineville-Matthews Road… My wife likes it very spicy, and I don’t. They have great selections for both tastes. I get the Kai Cashew, which is so good you won’t believe it.

Fail----- ;D -----Hathaway’s is the daddy for chicken, chicken livers and “tater” wedges.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:23497”]I always liked Grandma’s for soul food. That place is off the chain.

I loved The Penguin, The Dish, and Picasso’s as well. Of course San Remos, Athens and Landmark, but I’ve heard all three of them closed, along with Herlockers.[/quote]Dish is awesome, but the last 2 times I’ve eaten there I’ve gotten terribly sick. My brother did as well. After telling this to quite a few other people, many said they had a similar experience. Love the food, but I will never go back.

This. Eddie’s Place is the awesomeness.

Gonna plug Da Vinci’s for pizza

Dish is awesome, but the last 2 times I’ve eaten there I’ve gotten terribly sick. My brother did as well. After telling this to quite a few other people, many said they had a similar experience. Love the food, but I will never go back.

That’s not good to hear, my dad lives out of town and saw it on Triple D’s - he keeps talking about wanting to go there. I went to a place right across the street from it and it was really good, Zada Janes I think.

Haven’t been to either in a while but Simmons used to have the best soul food in town and Lang Van had some awesome Vietnamese food.

Hathaway’s Chicken is great. Their sweet tea is addicting as well. I’ve heard so many great things about Duke’s Grill but I’ve never actually been.