February signing day 2023

Okay I just lookedā€¦ he verballed 4 days ago, though we knew about it:

I forgot to add him to the list I posted up top.

He is so new they donā€™t have a picture of him in a Niner uniform.

Also:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1620817540032401408?t=PuLu-lpI93zXv2PorsIXUA&s=19

The AD is doing a really nice job with these graphics.

4 Likes

With this poster it appears that is it for signing day? I know we expected sever others.

Well I am unclear if we are going to announce signings of transfers who have already enrolled.

Per this verbiageā€¦ Continue to check out this page for updates throughout Day One of the February signing period. Donā€™t think so

Okay, something appears to be up with our commitments ā€œsigningā€.

The NCAA waived the max limit for signees in one class so that should not be an issue.

That leaves a total scholarship cap. I donā€™t have a current active roster to compare to, but I am starting to wonder if that means we have more commits than our available # of scholarships.

Which meansā€¦

Are we funding some of these transfers with NIL money and not grant in aids? Basically, HBO money?

I asked an open ended question about this on Twitter a couple hours ago and then deleted it. Iā€™m not sure I want to call attention to the issue.

Unless I am just completely wrong and we are about to announce 20 or so recruits late this afternoon.

Or maybe something else is delaying announcements of additional grant in aid packages.

Itā€™s a unique situation, regardless. Have never seen a class this large in the history of College Football.

3 Likes

Coach seems really tired.

2 Likes

My favorite part 8:15-10:-55

side note, Biff needs a sun shade :slight_smile:

Not a surprise.

Not sure whatā€™s up.

1 Like

What about OL Austin Johnson from Colorado

Not listed on update roster

Seems there some hold upā€¦

1 Like

Per update roster, 7 players are missing from list at top. # 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 15, and 23

Also #18 signed in December. I just screwed that up.

Iā€™m trying to get some answers about the other guys. Will share if I am allowed to.

1 Like

He said ā€œ(1) 5 star and (12) 4 starsā€, that would land 8th in national recruiting rankings between Oregon and Tennā€¦ā€¦

Also number 1 all time in AACā€¦

3 Likes

Whoā€™s the 5 star?

Eyabi Okie, Edge, Michigan

1 Like

Who are some players who previously verbal committed but did not sign or flipped elsewhere? Ace Colvin must be hung up on getting in maybe but who knows? Austin Johnson?

Looks like Austin Johnson is working out in Colorado for the nfl combine.

1 Like