FF Advice

So post your random trade/FA advice questions and other people will give their two cents…I’ll start:

Do I drop Jerious Norwood for Cadillac Williams? I don’t have Michael Turner so Norwood isn’t too valuable to me. I also wouldn’t start either, just looking for long-term value, I would probably lose Norwood on waivers next week if I did this.

So post your random trade/FA advice questions and other people will give their two cents...I'll start:

Do I drop Jerious Norwood for Cadillac Williams? I don’t have Michael Turner so Norwood isn’t too valuable to me. I also wouldn’t start either, just looking for long-term value, I would probably lose Norwood on waivers next week if I did this.

I would. Turner is the clear number one and will get most goaline carries.

Cadillac could see a decent amount of work, especially if Ward doesn’t assert himself as a clear starter.

Cadillac was named the starter for the Bucs. But I’m not sure how much water that holds. Ward will be the changeup back, and Graham will still get goal line carries. So Cadillac may just be a starter on paper, with RBBC meaning the hot hand gets the carries.

But Norwood will not be meaningful unless Turner goes down. And nobody knows how Norwood will be if he is the starter.

Thus, I’d take Cadillac, but it’s not a big difference to me.

Who would you play this weekend. Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush? TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?

[QUOTE=EE9er;430166]Who would you play this weekend. Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush? TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?[/QUOTE]

If Bush is healthy, I would likely start him against the Lions. The Falcons pass defense is questionable, but their run defense is usually pretty stout despite a bad season last year. The Lions were dead last defending the run last season.

Definitely start Houshmanzadeh. Jackson is matched up against maybe the best cover corner in the league this week. Jackson should have a good season, but Asoughma is a shut-down corner.

If Bush is healthy, I would likely start him against the Lions. The Falcons pass defense is questionable, but their run defense is usually pretty stout despite a bad season last year. The Lions were dead last defending the run last season.

Definitely start Houshmanzadeh. Jackson is matched up against maybe the best cover corner in the league this week. Jackson should have a good season, but Asoughma is a shut-down corner.

Asoughma is questionable though and I don’t think quite as highly as you do of him (I think he is really good but best in the league?) couple that with the emergence of the passing attack for San Diego and the fact that they may move Asoughma to cover Chambers I would start Jackson over Whosyomomma

Mike Bell against the worst D in the league or Chris Johnson against the best D in the league? PPR league.

Mike Bell…Pittsburgh will make Tennessee throw the ball.

I know but Johnson catches a decent amount of balls. So tough. Wish I had until Sunday to decide.

Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez? Both have elite qb’s throwing to them. Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville. I’m leaning towards Moore. What do you guys think?

[QUOTE=Buff49er;430267]Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez? Both have elite qb’s throwing to them. Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville. I’m leaning towards Moore. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

is it a point per reception league? Gonzalez will get the ball more, but doesn’t stretch the field like Moore does…

Who would you play this weekend. Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush? TJ Housh or Vincent Jackson?

I would start Ronnie. Yes the Falcons are stout on Run defense, but Miami is a run oriented team, and Ronnie gets the touches. I would have a hard time sitting him against anyone.

As for VJax and Housh, toss up to me, but I personally am sticking with VJax since Chargers pass more nowadays.

Mike Bell against the worst D in the league or Chris Johnson against the best D in the league? PPR league.

Chris Johnson. If I drafted him that high (1st or 2nd round) no way he sits on my bench.

Who should I start as my third wide receiver, Lance Moore or Anthony Gonazalez? Both have elite qb's throwing to them. Moore is playing against Detroit and Gonzalez against Jacksonville. I'm leaning towards Moore. What do you guys think?

Gonzalez is established as the 2 in Indy, with a healthy Peyton throwing. I want to see Lance play first before relying on him.

Which backup RB to start:

Thomas Jones or Willie Parker

No-brainer a couple years back but not so sure now.

Also: Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.

[QUOTE=NewNiner;430213]Asoughma is questionable though and I don’t think quite as highly as you do of him (I think he is really good but best in the league?) couple that with the emergence of the passing attack for San Diego and the fact that they may move Asoughma to cover Chambers I would start Jackson over Whosyomomma[/QUOTE]

Was not aware of his injury, but ask any of the analysts and they speak very highly of him. Made the Pro Bowl last year despite playing on a terrible team. Several teams were trying to get him in the off season. As bad as the Raiders were as a team last season, they still ranked 10th in passing defense. Jackson is 6’5", 230, while Chambers is 5’11, 210. One would think the Raiders would match the 6’2" Asoughma against the bigger Jackson.

Toss up with the RB, but I’d go Witten over Jackson since he’s Romo’s security blanket.

I’d go TJ and VJ. VJ had two great games last year against the team he is playing this weekend.

Toss up with the RB, but I'd go Witten over Jackson since he's Romo's security blanket.

First, what league do you play in to have a choice between the two at a flex? Do you guys even start a TE?

I would go with VJax. Not sure what Witten will get without TO on the field. Roy Williams is not even close to TO. So no double coverages means Witten is going to get more attention.

But can’t fault either way whoever is chosen.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;430277]Which backup RB to start:

Also: Vincent Jackson or Jason Witten for a flex position.[/QUOTE]

Hope you went with Jones…Tennessee didn’t seem to miss Haynsworth at all last night. I’d go with Witten, he’ll probably lead Dallas in TD catches this year, we’d be a good #2 WR, defintiely a great play at the flex.

Two questions:

-Drop Jason Campbell for Shaun Hill?
-Start Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer?