Fire Judy Chant- Wake Forest Game

I think this is coordinated chanting - not an official we want judy gone night. I think the aim is to have that theme night after break.[/quote]

I say we stage a walk out after the break - chanting the entire way out the door

I think this is coordinated chanting - not an official we want judy gone night. I think the aim is to have that theme night after break.[/quote]

I say we stage a walk out after the break - chanting the entire way out the door[/quote]

A walk out is disrespectful to the guys playing the game.

Make no mistake about it. We are going to be loud in support of our guys. were also gonna yell about judy for 40 minutes of hoops.

Also, if you’re judy would you prefer the angry mob stay in the building and keep yelling, or walk out? I think she’d much prefer a walk out.

I say we stage a walk out after the break - chanting the entire way out the door[/quote]

A walk out is disrespectful to the guys playing the game.

Make no mistake about it. We are going to be loud in support of our guys. were also gonna yell about judy for 40 minutes of hoops.

Also, if you’re judy would you prefer the angry mob stay in the building and keep yelling, or walk out? I think she’d much prefer a walk out.[/quote]

Judy’s gonna have trouble makers thrown out if this continues, so an involuntary walkout is prob gonna happen 8) Looking forward to making her sweat.

Still amazing to me that she doesn’t do anything from a PR perspective to put out the fire. Does that mean she doesn’t respect the size of the fire or the determination of those with the matches.

Seriously…all she needs to do is send out an email from the AD to everyone that acknowledges the student/fan’s complaints, acknowledge that she has made mistakes but that she is re-evaluating everything at her level to see what she may can do differently going forward. And promise to release a detailed plan of how she plans to rebuild our brand after she finishes that re-evaluation.

But no…she gives us a one on one interview where she admits nothing and says she’s just going to keep doing what she’s doing.

She is not a very good AD for many reasons…PR may be the worst of all.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:44, topic:31233”]Still amazing to me that she doesn’t do anything from a PR perspective to put out the fire. Does that mean she doesn’t respect the size of the fire or the determination of those with the matches.

Seriously…all she needs to do is send out an email from the AD to everyone that acknowledges the student/fan’s complaints, acknowledge that she has made mistakes but that she is re-evaluating everything at her level to see what she may can do differently going forward. And promise to release a detailed plan of how she plans to rebuild our brand after she finishes that re-evaluation.

But no…she gives us a one on one interview where she admits nothing and says she’s just going to keep doing what she’s doing.

She is not a very good AD for many reasons…PR may be the worst of all.[/quote]
Nope. Not that easy. Already done that via Her “desk of Judy Rose” was her effort at communication.

It essentially said they are : trying, communicating, developing, serving, looking, investigating, implementing, and 10 other verbs. But WINNING NEVER used in these updates.

The section of students on opposite side of the band never chanted once. Curious if that changes this week of if it remains only the area with the band.[/quote]

Honestly, all they need is one or two of the “Fire Judy” chanters to sit on the opposite side. If they’re loud enough, people will join in. Just can’t be afraid to do it… and then with the addition of alumni, Judy won’t be able to escape it.

I know for the Davidson game, the AD cranked up the sound to drown it out. But if we can get a few hundred doing it, it will look far more intentional and could raise the tension of the place.[/quote]

I would hope anyone joining in the chant knows exactly what they are chanting for. It’s much more effective when everyone in the building knows exactly what they are protesting.

I’ll be chanting along with everyone from up in section 221, I just want to say one thing first. We NEED to make sure that we pick appropriate times to protest. Last game against Davidson I heard the chant during White’s free throws, that’s not cool. We need to make sure the team knows that we’re behind them while also showing our displeasure for Judy. Since this is alumni night I’m sure they’re probably going to do something on the court with Judy and the alumni, as much as I want to chant at that moment that may not be the moment to do it because we want to honor those 49ers.

[quote=“shayl33, post:14, topic:31233”][font=arial][size=small]
Please don’t bring the signs and the chants. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Yes, please do. [/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Why do you want to humiliate someone who has been a part of the 49er family for years. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]She doesn’t seem remorseful for the last 10 years of our humiliation.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Start a petition, call the chancellor. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Interesting notion… too bad none of the thousands of alumni and fans have considered this before now. [/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]There are many ways to express you opinion without trying to humiliate someone that truly has the best interest of this program at heart. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]That’s cute.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Perhaps you have never been fired or down sized. It is awful under any circumstances. This way I can’t even imagine. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Many of us have never been fired. But, I’d place a wager that most of us do our jobs well enough to prevent this from happening.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]Remember Judy is a human being with feelings. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]It’s possible… but, I’ve yet to see concrete evidence.[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]She can continue to help the university after retirement and I know she will unless she is completely alienated by this campaign. [/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Continue (verb): “persist in an activity or process.” One would have to “help” the university in some capacity in order to “continue to help.” Side note: the alienation is her doing… not ours.
[/size][/font][/quote]

I have never disagreed with a post more in my life. Bring as many signs as you can. Flood the arena with signs and scream at the top of your lungs until your voice is gone, “Fire Judy.”

I have never disagreed with a post more in my life. Bring as many signs as you can. Flood the arena with signs and scream at the top of your lungs until your voice is gone, “Fire Judy.”[/quote] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

I have never disagreed with a post more in my life. Bring as many signs as you can. Flood the arena with signs and scream at the top of your lungs until your voice is gone, “Fire Judy.”[/quote] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/quote]

clt loves some snl

SNL? Since we all live in our parents’ basement and do nothing to contribute society, most of the board will correctly identify this as Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Assume everything clt says is in jest.

Anything planned? Ready.

Calling for someone to be fired is itself cruel. I’d love it if there were another way. I don’t really feel like it’s fair toniur basketball team. With that said it’s the price of war.[/quote]

Totally agreed. There seems like no alternative here. Getting football was a fight. I’d say in some ways this one is even harder.[/quote]

Very true. Too many horrible contracts and subsequent extensions on coaches that no other d1 school would want. Very easily could’ve extended lambert to a 1 year extension after his original contract was up.

chant was very loud a few times

Yes guys in the corner did a great job a few times in the second half. They even let me have one of their signs to use on the Alumni side. Seems like lots of folks in my section are upset, but just hesitant to let it out. Fortunately, I’m not. I’ve had enough, and in time others will join.

If any of your students in the corner are on this board, great job, keep it up, and thanks for the sign!

Yes guys in the corner did a great job a few times in the second half. They even let me have one of their signs to use on the Alumni side. Seems like lots of folks in my section are upset, but just hesitant to let it out. Fortunately, I’m not. I’ve had enough, and in time others will join.

If any of your students in the corner are on this board, great job, keep it up, and thanks for the sign![/quote]

As Tears for Fears once said…SHOUT! SHOUT! LET IT ALL OUT!

If any of your students in the corner are on this board, great job, keep it up, and thanks for the sign![/quote]

We’re happy to help! I’ve been around for 4 1/2 years at this point and I’m not graduating quietly. I will tell you its hard to be loud and excited about a chant when the life is being sucked out of you by the basketball game itself. Still hate seeing my Niners loose even though I expect it at this point.