Fire Judy Rose?

I’m in the mood to stir up some controversy. Sure this has been argued before but I want to see a full fledged debate on this topic. Every Poster is challenged to put in their thoughts.

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 12:16 PM [b] Every Poster is challenged to put in their thoughts. [/b]

Edited: can we discuss this after we win the national championship.

The other Meinshaft voted no.

There is only one MineShaft

Check the joined date

Permit me to grovel at your feet for my impurtenance, Recruit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Our AD dropped the ball on conf affiliation-> Letting South Florida get one over us is absurd-> E’nuff said for me.

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 02:44 PM [b] Our AD dropped the ball on conf affiliation-> Letting South Florida get one over us is absurd-> E'nuff said for me. [/b]
Guess we're not going to put much "thought " into it.

I think Judy is great for the program…we caught the shaft from the ACC mix up in the conf., and whoever wants Judy fired can meet the Hatman at the watercooler at the next home game so he can beat your erss. Lets bury this talk along with the fire Bobby crap we had 2 months ago.

Just another affirmative action hire!

Just kidding! Judy stays!

Where we were when Judy got the job: Sunbelt Conference

If we were still there this would be our conference schedule:

Arkansas State
Arkansas-Little Rock
Denver
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Middle Tennessee
New Mexico State
New Orleans
North Texas
South Alabama
Troy University
Western Kentucky

Judy cannot control the ACC and their pillage of college sports but she is well connected and well respected. I look for the A-10 to morph into a better top to bottom conference than C-USA over the next few years.

[QUOTE]Where we were when Judy got the job: Sunbelt Conference

If we were still there this would be our conference schedule

If I remember correctly South Florida was in the SunBelt and is now heading to the Big East. What did their AD do that ours didn’t? They got football. Doesn’t take rocket science. Judy doesn’t even have a plan to get football. She has no vision for football. It is clear that as long as she is our AD we will not get football. Which in terms translates into A-10 here we come. Bye Bye Cincy, Louisville, Marquette games in Halton. Hello Xavier, Dayton, St. Joe’s.

baloney. Look where we were before Judy and where we are now. Tired of all this sniping at college officials and coaches. Time for some people to grow up. The school simply does not have the money for football and the corresponding addition to female sports as stated in Title 1X. They could possibly have the money if you could persuade more than 8% of alumni to donate. Judy Rose has done a good job for this school and frankly I for one am tired of having people saying fire Rose, fire Lutz. Would you rather have stayed in CUSA which will be a wasteland. Yeah hire Ric Flare and Doherty and this is one person who will drop out. By the way I have no connection to UNCC either as a grad or employee. I am the fan you are trying to attract and I give4 more money to UNCC than I give to my own college. Again, baloney

The AD must be a visionary. The AD should be planning our future 5 to 10 years down the road. Equally important is the ability to attract necessary financial support and market our product effectively. I understand that Judy has made numerous connections in the appropriate circles during her tenure and I think she used some of those connections to move us to the A10. However, I seriously doubt that the A10 will be our final home. My gut is telling me that she is using some of those connections to propel us into a stronger conference within the next 5 years.

I think it’s time for this university to tackle the football hurdle. There’s too much money in Charlotte to simply keep replying “There’s no money!”

I vote to keep Judy but let’s play some football!

One good thing about a thread like this is you can reflect back. It is amazing how far we have come under Judys leadership. From facilities to program we have come a long way over the past 15 years. Personally I think Jeff Mullins was our primary cornerstone / foundation for program development. Fact is she worked well with him and had/has his support to lead the program. I think Judy is a class act in the NCAA world. She is an excellent leader. To move the program forward it will take our alumni joining the foundation, coming to games, and getting the PR out there. One day we can rise above the ACC in our area. If we say we cant we wont. We can if we want too…but will need to do more than jaw.
I see too many UNC Charlotte grads getting all excited about Chapel Hill games etc and ignoring the program they have at home. It will be interesting to see how the A-10 goes. I dont think it will be a cake walk …but if we keep the momentum going our program will keep moving ahead.

[i]Originally posted by Nugget[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 06:06 PM [b] Where we were when Judy got the job: Sunbelt Conference

Arkansas State
Arkansas-Little Rock
Denver
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Middle Tennessee
New Mexico State
New Orleans
North Texas
South Alabama
Troy University
Western Kentucky

Judy cannot control the ACC and their pillage of college sports but she is well connected and well respected. I look for the A-10 to morph into a better top to bottom conference than C-USA over the next few years. [/b]

Mullins got us in the Metro which got us into cusa. Mullins also got us Halton arena.

[b]Mullins got us in the Metro which got us into cusa. Mullins also got us Halton arena. [/b]

So Judy has done…???

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 04:32 PM [b]
[b]Mullins got us in the Metro which got us into cusa. Mullins also got us Halton arena. [/b]

So Judy has done…??? [/b]

I’m not saying she has done nothing, I’m just stating facts about what Jeff Mullins did for this school.

I stay out of the Judy arguments.

she looks good in the librarian outfits at halfcourt B)

[i]Originally posted by Nugget[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 06:30 PM [b] Where we were when Judy got the job: Sunbelt Conference

Arkansas State
Arkansas-Little Rock
Denver
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Middle Tennessee
New Mexico State
New Orleans
North Texas
South Alabama
Troy University
Western Kentucky

Judy cannot control the ACC and their pillage of college sports but she is well connected and well respected. I look for the A-10 to morph into a better top to bottom conference than C-USA over the next few years. [/b]

Nugget
You know nothing about 49er athletics.

Judy had Zillch with us going to the Metro. She was not even AD when the process started, Mullins was. Jeez.

I give credit for Judy getting us into CUSA. She also is responsible for us going into the 15th best hoops conference the A10. As someone said above, she let USF beat her to the Big East.

Judy needs to hire those who surround her- who are from major programs that know how large programs SHOULD run and will DISAGREE with her, and quit hiring people from D2 schools that consider Charlotte a huge upgrade and are afraid of her wrath.

We need more than a Pepsi bottler and Belks to support our program. For the 2 feathers in Judy’s corportate fundraising cap, there are 150 others out there sitting on their pocket books.

I still can’t believe we are literally in Nascar’s backyard, and we get NADA of their support financially. Bruton Smith, Hendrick, Earnhardts, etc aren’t lining up to donate.

I know the cheerleaders love Judy on this site, but there is a TON of people that ARE/HAVE been close to the program for years that know how she hinders our progress. Its not even debatable.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:22 AM [b] I still can't believe we are literally in Nascar's backyard, and we get NADA of their support financially. Bruton Smith, Hendrick, Earnhardts, etc aren't lining up to donate.

[/b]

I have little interest in this debate but I did want to note that Felix Sebatas has been a supporter of our program. I know that he has made contributions in the past but I’m not sure if he still does. That’s a pretty big name in the NASCAR industry.