Fire Judy Rose?

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:22 AM [b] I know the cheerleaders love Judy on this site, but there is a TON of people that ARE/HAVE been close to the program for years that know how she hinders our progress. Its not even debatable. [/b]
While the majority of us are making travel/viewing plans for the Conf and NCAA tournament, Metro is rehashing the Judy Rose argument. Take a look at the poll, Metro. Even with all of your public bashing, people overwhelmingly think she has done a good job. Save it for the offseason. And yes, I am the leader of the rah-rahs.

To add to jcl’s post. The Hendricks have supported the program for years.

I cant stand seeing this on the updated topics list. We are riding high and you gotta bring this crap back up. She has to be doing something right. If you know Mullins at all you know that Judy was running the show long before she got the official title. She is a good person…I think she is doing a great job…and she is a key in our national recognition.

You can look at anyone and see how you personally would like to see things different, but tell me how this noise right now is doing anyone any good? Do we want to show our lack of commitment to Bobby and bring back the firelutz.com thread?

Like it or not she isn’t going anywhere and call us cheerleaders if that helps you to justify your position. She has done a great job and the people on the board are in the majority on that.

Grab your torches its time for a manhunt !!!

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:22 AM [b] she let USF beat her to the Big East. [/b]
I'm sorry if this offends anyone but Charlotte wasn't even in the same hemisphere in the discussion when the Big East was adding members. We don't have football.

Hard for USF to beat us to where we were never in the race to begin with.

I can’t believe you bumped this thread from 2 weeks ago back up when we’re having the year we are having. How bout, oh I don’t know, you try posting something positive for a change? We know you hate Judy and want her fired. If that’s all you’re capable of bringing to the board then go sit on the sidelines with Pino Pipes Jr. and pray something bad happens so you can start posting again.

Unfreaking believable.

[b]Take a look at the poll, Metro. Even with all of your public bashing, people overwhelmingly think she has done a good job. [/b]
[b]Like it or not she isn't going anywhere and call us cheerleaders if that helps you to justify your position. She has done a great job and the people on the board are in the majority on that.[/b]

What poll are you looking at???

Should Judy Rose Be Fired?
Yes, Immediately [ 14 ] [16.47%]
Yes, Get a Man in there [ 10 ] [11.76%]
No, She’s done a good job [ 41 ] [48.24%]
Maybe, If she doesn’t pursue football [ 18 ] [21.18%]
She should never have gotten the job [ 2 ] [2.35%]
Total Votes: 85

This Poll shows 52% vs. 48% in favor of getting rid of her!
Everyone knows that we will never get a football team with her at the helm.

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:40 AM [b] What poll are you looking at????

This Poll shows 52% vs. 48% in favor of getting rid of her!
Everyone knows that we will never get a football team with her at the helm. [/b]

I was thinking the same thing when I saw your post.

Yes, Immediately [ 14 ] [16.47%]
Yes, Get a Man in there [ 10 ] [11.76%]
No, She’s done a good job [ 41 ] [48.24%]
Maybe, If she doesn’t pursue football [ 18 ] [21.18%]
She should never have gotten the job [ 2 ] [2.35%]
Total Votes: 85

Yes, Immediately + Yes, Get a man in there + She should have never gotten the job = 30.58%

No, she’s done a good job = 48.24

Maybe, If she doesn’t pursue football = 21.18

The majority goes to No, she’s done a good job. I’m sorry but “maybe” doesn’t get to be added in with the Yes votes.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Feb 28 2005, 09:30 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Feb 28 2005, 09:30 AM)

That poll was done shortly after the ECU loss…

[i]Originally posted by Hooligan[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:40 AM [b] No, She's done a good job [ 41 ] [48.24%] Maybe, If she doesn't pursue football [ 18 ] [21.18%]

[/b]

Eventually, we’ll have football so that equals 69%. Not sure why I’m even debating this.

Looks like all the nay-sayers got tired of the happy board. :o :lol:

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:44 AM [b] Mk, you are right on USF, that is my point. USF knew what was coming and so did Judy, but USF got it right and found a way for football to happen SO THEY COULD BE PART OF THE BIG EAST DISCUSSION. You are not a dumb guy, you know what I meant. [/b]
I don't know that USF adding football meant they knew what was coming. That could have been part of it but I think they were in Florida and they wanted football. They're also drowning in a sea of debt right now.

In any case can this not be saved for the off season? We’re having our best season since '77, surely there are better things to discuss. And one thing for sure is that no one here is going to offer any new info on how they feel.

[i]Originally posted by metro+Feb 28 2005, 09:44 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Feb 28 2005, 09:44 AM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Feb 28 2005, 09:30 AM [b]
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 09:30 AM [b] The Hendricks have supported the program for years. [/b]
I happen to have a game program on my desk today.

I see Felix Sabates listed under the “Capital Gifts”. Considering it listed above the Golden Scholarship level ($8,500 & up), I’m not going to question his contributions.

But what has the Hendrick family done? If I missed it, please point it out. All I see is a full page ad in the game program. We’re all entitled to our opinions, but IMO, Hendrick has deeper pockets than Mr. Sabates.

I’d like to think the Hendricks have done something more than a 1 page ad in the program.

Metro, I’ve often enjoyed the arguments you’ve gotten into on both the old CUSA Talk board as well as this one, especially with other fans. On this case, however, maybe we should just enjoy this special season and save the Judy hating til later. You have stated your opinion and I respect that. You’ve been around long enough to realize this type of season doesn’t come along too often although hopefully that changes starting now. Enjoy the season man!!

FYI…the new owner of Lowe’s Home Improvement…is a Charlotte grad.

Trust me, hes got some deeeeeeeeep pockets…maybe he could start helpin out

C’mon people. The AD cannot force anyone to contribute. Contributions are a choice made by the individual. Calling them out on the board is childish. Are all of you calling out these people contributing? Because if not there is a saying about people living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

We have a lot better things to talk about this season. We don’t need to sling mud just because we have an extra day before our big game this week :wacko:

The Big East took South Florida because it wanted to maintain a presence in Florida and also because the Tampa/St. Pete area is the number 13 media market in the US (BTW, Charlotte is 28th). USF, like their former hoops coach who’s now at VPI, just got lucky, plain and simple.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 11:41 AM [b] USF, like their former hoops coach who's now at VPI, just got lucky, plain and simple. [/b]
Speaking of VPI, remember how upset VPI was because they couldn't get into CUSA a few years back? Irionic how they are in ACC with Seth Greenburg coaching.
[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 11:41 AM [b] The Big East took South Florida because it wanted to maintain a presence in Florida [/b]
Seems like North Carolina would have been a good place for the Big East to have a presence in NC. A Big East program among the ACC big four would have brought major interest to both the Big East and Charlotte.
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 11:23 AM [b] Seems like North Carolina would have been a good place for the Big East to have a presence in NC. A Big East program among the ACC big four would have brought major interest to both the Big East and Charlotte. [/b]
Gamer, as the thread last week on the Big East showed, East Carolina was dismissed from the list of potential candidates for BE membership and Charlotte was not even considered at all.

NEWS FLASH: This school will never get a football team. So stop your bitching cause it will never happen.

[i]Originally posted by styleswill[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 12:43 PM [b] NEWS FLASH: This school will never get a football team. So stop your bitching cause it will never happen. [/b]
Can anyone name a school with 30,000 students that does not has football???