Fire Judy Rose?

The fact that we won’t get football, is exactly the reason you can add the maybe’s to the yes get rid of judy 52%-48%.
The A-10 has D-1 AA Football, we should take advantage & try to move up.
If the Big East splits in two in five year, & we’re in the non-football portion, we could still be Big East Basketball, & have D-1 AA football in the SoCon or Big South, until we can get ready for D-1 A.
As for dreams, my dream is for UNC Charlotte to be in the ACC in football & basketball in the next 25 years.
My dream is for the 49ers to compete in the Final Four almost every year, & to win a couple of titles. This could give exposure to a rising football program.
And why shouldn’t I be part of the 92% that don’t give. Why give if Judy won’t even try to be a real University by having football.
Judy could do more to reach out to Lowe’s, Wachovia, BofA, Duke Energy, Contintental Tire, Nascar, the Panthers, the Bobcats, the Knights, & the Checkers, etc.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 12:28 PM [b] The fact that we won't get football, is exactly the reason you can add the maybe's to the yes get rid of judy 52%-48%. [/b]
Wow, someone who can see the future.

Can you give me the info on the next 3 Super Bowls while you’re at it?

[b]And why shouldn't I be part of the 92% that don't give. Why give if Judy won't even try to be a real University by having football.[/b]

If you want to let a personal vendetta against Judy keep you from giving that is of course your right. However if you don’t give money to the school then you have no business pissing and moaning about the programs. Since you’re doing nothing to make the situation better you should shut it.

It’s like voting. You don’t vote you’ve got no business complaining about the government.

[b]And why shouldn't I be part of the 92% that don't give. Why give if Judy won't even try to be a real University by having football. [/b]

And she should try to start football with 8% of the alumni giving and another 2%-5% saying they might give should we get football? With all that money, we shouldn’t hesitate. :rolleyes:

How can we ask all these corporations that are supposedly eager to pass out money to give it to us when our own alumni won’t donate to what we already have? Simply saying “I don’t like basketball” or “I won’t donate until we get football” isn’t helping anything. It’s making the situation worse. If you don’t think Judy and her staff are asking enough about football, then why not start a donation pledge list at $25 minimums and see how much money you can raise. If you get more than $25,000 in pledges, I’ll be surprised.

What frustrates me is that so many people think that an AD is god. I’m sure that Judy wants to do a lot for this school but funds are limited! I think given the situation this school is in, she is doing a great job. We are fortunate to be in the A10 instead of CrapUSA next year.

If we dominate the A10 every year, then another conference will definately consider accepting us, but we need to do the best we can in the situation we are in and things will improve.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 12:28 PM [b] And why shouldn't I be part of the 92% that don't give. Why give if Judy won't even try to be a real University by having football. the Checkers, etc. [/b]
The reality is that Judy won't decide if we have football or not. The chancellor and the Board of Trustees will do that, followed by the UNC President and Board of Governors.

I’ll say it again because so many love to blame Judy for us not having football. Chancellor Jim Woodward (Judy’s boss) has publicly gone on the record saying that UNC Charlotte will NOT have football under his watch. I’m not saying that Judy wants football, but even if she did, her boss doesn’t want it. There’s nothing she can do about it until we get a chancellor that does want football.

You want to blame her for poor attendance or poor marketing or not getting enough corporate dollars in here - I don’t agree with you, but fine - go ahead. But we have no football because Woodward doesn’t want it and we are going to the A10 because it will be a better basketball conference than C-USA and the best option we had considering we don’t have football. If the Big East had wanted a school from NC they would have picked up ECU - they knew they had enough teams already and only added USF because they were in Florida.

[b]My dream is for the 49ers to compete in the Final Four almost every year, & to win a couple of titles. This could give exposure to a rising football program.[/b]
Yes, and an under-funded football program could destroy the basketball program we've worked so hard to create.
[b]The fact that we won't get football, is exactly the reason you can add the maybe's to the yes get rid of judy 52%-48%.[/b]
Maybe is not a yes or a no, it's an undecided. That's it's own seperate catagory.

We are having one of our best years in basketball and we couldn’t get 9,000 butts in the seats for the final three games. What makes anyone think if we get football that we will be able to fund a team and have high attendance. Oh, I forgot the students will stick around and fill the stands…just like they do for the basketball games. :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 10:13 AM [b] Judy, Jeff Mullins, Bruton Smith, Rick Hendricks and the POPE combined would not have gotten us in the Big East. [/b]
<_< Absolutely untrue. The Pope got DePaul and Marquette into the Big East.
[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 01:19 PM [b]I'll say it again because so many love to blame Judy for us not having football. Chancellor Jim Woodward (Judy's boss) has publicly gone on the record saying that UNC Charlotte will [b]NOT[/b] have football under his watch. I'm not saying that Judy wants football, but even if she did, her boss doesn't want it. There's nothing she can do about it until we get a chancellor that [b]does[/b] want football.[/b]
While it's true that Woodward said it wouldn't happen under his watch, he never said he didn't want football.

From a profile on Chancellor Woodward in the September 2004 issue of Business North Carolina:

[b]Alumni have pressed Woodward and trustees for a football program to match the school’s basketball team — 21-9 last season. [b]That will happen eventually, he says, but not on his watch.[/b] He cites the cost — probably $7 million a year to field a competitive team.[/b]

Link: Business North Carolina

[i]Originally posted by UpState49er[/i]@Feb 11 2005, 08:03 PM [b] The AD must be a visionary. The AD should be planning our future 5 to 10 years down the road...... and I think she used some of those connections to move us to the A10. However, I seriously doubt that the A10 will be our final home. My gut is telling me that she is using some of those connections to propel us into a stronger conference within the next 5 years.

[/b]

After some consideration, I voted to keep Judy. I think she made the right move to get us into the A-10 as we didn’t have many options. The new C-USA would have been bad. Joining the Colonial or SoCon were not good options either. Your statement that “The AD must be a visionary” is right on the money. I agree with many others on this board that we need to just form a new conference. I don’t really believe the Big East will ever be an option, even after they split. The Catholic schools will add other Catholic schools first, and I can’t really blame them. Since it doesn’t look like we will ever add I-A football, we need to align with large public universities that also don’t have football.
If Judy has some vision, she will get us to start a new conference with ODU, VCU, Charleston, UNCW, George Washington, George Mason and 1 other. Keep it to only eight schools. It would create a league with a better RPI than the A-10 or C-USA and would allow us to have the tournament in Charlotte or at least within driving distance. Plus we’d have natural rivals with nearby schools which is better than playing LaSalle, St Bonaventure, Fordham and Duquesne. Hopefully Judy will have some vision, take the lead and at least begin those discussions NOW!

Sub note to the poll it has one positive option and 4 negitive options. A little bias from a poll perspective.

[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 02:37 PM [b] We are having one of our best years in basketball and we couldn't get 9,000 butts in the seats for the final three games. What makes anyone think if we get football that we will be able to fund a team and have high attendance. Oh, I forgot the students will stick around and fill the stands......just like they do for the basketball games. :rolleyes: [/b]
?????????????????????????????? :rolleyes: Sorry but it's hard to find a sold out arena without at least a few empty seats, you are really whining about nothing
[i]Originally posted by Roasty+Feb 28 2005, 01:40 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Roasty @ Feb 28 2005, 01:40 PM)

Hey, the role of poll master means you get to decide the options. I easily thought of negative options, but could only think of one positive. That’s my opinion and I wanted to see what others thought.

Most people either want to see her go or are riding the fence on it.

In case no one noticed, Woodward announced he was retiring 2-3 months ago.
Did Rose ever announce she would now consider football. No, because she doesn’t like it either.
Too say that Catholic U.'s should only pick other catholic schools is prejudicial. We have plenty of Catholic students.
The schools you listed, ODU, VCU, UNCW, Charleston, etc., all have crappy Rpi’s. That would be a death knell.
And this Title 9 crap, every school in the country but the ones who don’t have football, like us, aren’t in compliance.
If the feds don’t go after Michigan, Carolina, Harvard, etc., they’re not going after us. Title 9 is just an excuse that women like Rose use. Let’s face it, women should leave the sports decisions to the men. I don’t tell women how to sew. Tell Judy Rose to make me an Afghan blanket.

[b]Can you give me the info on the next 3 Super Bowls while you're at it?[/b]

Same as the last two. NE Patriots.

I agree with the person who said poll is biased. Varying negative opinions(4), positive opinions (1). You can pick ,pick on Judy all you want. She does not make the final decision about football. I think the person who started the baloney in the midst of the greatest bb season since “77” must be a real creep. He belongs with Mark Packer who we really love. Maybe he is Mark Packer.

Here here! Judy has done a bang up job. She played a part in all of the new facillities, conference movings, and being chosen for the selction committee. Competetive D I-A football is a bad move financially, and all of the movers and shakers can be creditied/blamed for Charlotte not having football–not just Judy.

stonecoldken,
I’d argue your whole post, but this quote says enough about you and your reasoning;

[b]Let's face it, women should leave the sports decisions to the men. I don't tell women how to sew. Tell Judy Rose to make me an Afghan blanket.[/b]
[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 06:33 PM [b] In case no one noticed, Woodward announced he was retiring 2-3 months ago. Did Rose ever announce she would now consider football. No, because she doesn't like it either. Too say that Catholic U.'s should only pick other catholic schools is prejudicial. We have plenty of Catholic students. The schools you listed, ODU, VCU, UNCW, Charleston, etc., all have crappy Rpi's. That would be a death knell. And this Title 9 crap, every school in the country but the ones who don't have football, like us, aren't in compliance. If the feds don't go after Michigan, Carolina, Harvard, etc., they're not going after us. Title 9 is just an excuse that women like Rose use. Let's face it, women should leave the sports decisions to the men. I don't tell women how to sew. Tell Judy Rose to make me an Afghan blanket. [/b]
What kind of rock did you come out from under. Talk about ignorance.....