FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are great players, but there isnā€™t enough of them to prevent a losing season. A great recruiting coach couid fix that faster than a great scheme coach. You donā€™t need to replace guys like them, but young talent could have boosted them to at least 6 wins. ā€œGetting olderā€ didnā€™t work. Kiffin had been all over the country and that is where he signed all of his FAU talent.

Finally!!!

You must have some sort of background or expertise in spotting talent, who do you think are spouting off about the level of talent on the roster, Iā€™d venture to guess you donā€™t know shit about what is inside those walls and the amount of talent and hard work. You are exactly the kind of *-hole that prevents anyone or anything coming here. Iā€™m sick of the coaches in the stands like you that have ZERO input thatā€™s positive. That team of ā€œBadā€ players has peopleā€™s kids on there (not yours Iā€™m guessing or you would say such idiotic things)

1 Like

Anyone that has watched 6 years of the lambert shitshow can see we donā€™t have enough talent. It isnā€™t the playersā€™ fault that they were led to believe they were fbs talent by a terrible coaching staff though. Many of them may have been fine fcs level players, but our coaches gave them an opportunity to play at a level where they were outsized and outclassed.

Thatā€™s just an idiotic statement, sorry (not sorry)!! When Frost Took over at UCF Iā€™d argue that the talent level was similar and he went 6-7 and 13-0!! Quit slamming the kids. Yā€™all a bunch of hometowners (and trust me, youā€™re not as talent rich and youā€™ve led yourselves to believe with your HSā€™s

Bullsh!t. UCF had way more talent but (like us) crappy coaching, prior to Frost. But if youā€™re going to talk shit I guess you should talk out of your ass.

Less than half a dozen posts in and it is easy to tell that @New9er is not worried about being on anyoneā€™s Christmas list. I havenā€™t seen this level of out of the gate name calling sinceā€¦wait a minute! Metro, is that you?

Letā€™s be clear that this is not me.

1 Like

Nugget, probably a family member of a coach losing their job or a parent of one of the players.

1 Like

Someoneā€™s feelings are hurt, but I bet if you asked Lambert he would tell you that the team is not as deep with talent as it needs to be. It is not just us or local coaches either. Recruiting outlets have said that our classes have been some of the worst in the FBS. I personally donā€™t care where the players come from, but to say we have enough good players on the current roster is absurd. If anything I believe the players that we have gotten have exceeded the expectations. Lambert was fired for not bringing in better players to start with, scheme, and game day execution.

So, with that top recruiting class they have what record. I am the parent of a player (and no Iā€™m not saying who) who is new to the program and it pains a lot of us to know how little you think of the younger kids on the team. I also have coached at a high level for many years and realize the need for a change. I believe we have some of the best skill kids in the conference and we are lacking at the offensive line. Better coaching (and yes recruiting) will help. I truly hope that all of you experts are going to support the kids we have

2 Likes

It pains me when we paint our kids with a broad brush, calling them all untalented.

First, because they all do play hard. There is no questioning the fight in these guys.

However, I donā€™t think the talent level is consistent throughout the roster. There are some positions where we donā€™t have the quality of depth we need to win consistently. But the cupboard certiainly isnā€™t bare either.

Bottom line is that it does us no good to demonize and demoralize our players and their families. I will be cheering hard tomorrow, hoping to send the guys and Lambert out with a W.

4 Likes

We definitely have exceeded expectations this year already. The problem is the expectations were so low in the first place.

A new coach, new scheme will be great. I agree. This roster is not devoid of talent. We do need help on the o line and in the secondary. Competition across the board is never a bad thing.

1 Like

Lambert set the bar so low after last year, how could we not over achieve?

Our talent is what it is, we have some really talented kids and then a good share that we barely recruited by fellow FBS programs. Our depth is really poor overall and it shows.

I have no doubt a majority of our kids are great people, and Lambert is a great man. Being a great person in a results oriented business isnā€™t going to keep the checks coming.

I think you misunderstand some of the passion here. This is definitely the wrong crowd to come and say that we dislike the kids. This group is as passionate a group of fans that you will find. This group are the ones who led the charge to start football at the University. We are not casual fans as we are alumni that want to see the team and the players excel. We do at times say things about a players performance, but that is out of our passion for the University. We are very appreciative of every athlete regardless of how they perform over their time here because at the end of the day they are Niners. The same folks that you may see bash a coach are the same ones that wish them well at the end of the day.

If any of the current players get supported it will be by the group of people in this forum. We donā€™t always agree, but we all bleed green.

5 Likes

This roster could have and should have bowled. Itā€™s not as talented and deep as we need it to be and coaching, specifically special teams has to get better, but I really think with a new scheme and some immediate help recruiting wise for depth we can bowl next year.

1 Like

I think we get mad at some individual plays, but this isnā€™t about the players or Lambert. The failures of this program are on Lambertā€¦100%.

someone shouted before the beginning of the season that this was a roster capable of winning 6 games with this schedule, but with a coaching staff capable of winning only 4. I thought it was accurate then, and after today will be a near certainty.

This team has talent for the schedule we had this season, but it is so screwed by the decision making.
We have a punter that didnā€™t rugby style punt in HS and can boom it 60+ yards, rather than working on hang time to help our coverage and benefit his leg strength we aussie kick it for the first 8 games.
We line up in shotgun on 4th and inches.
We switch QBs mid drive.
We have the fastest kid from South Carolina and fastest guy on the team at wideout NOT returning kicks.
We have handicaped our secondary by cushioning off the LOS 7 yards more than needed every season.
We play zone coverage and rush only 4 on obvious passing downs and get carved up.
We come out completely flat.

I will not miss Lambert.

But we are not satisfied with winning 6 and going to a bowl. We need to be winning 8 to 10 games per season. We need better coaches and more talent to do that. The program as a whole needs to elevate to the point of bowling and then to the point of winning championships.

Our QB play needs to be better. Our lineman struggled. The DBs can be a liability.

The freshmen that we saw play are promising. Tucker and Arnold have played well minus a few drops. Everyone knows that Reynolds is short, but he is good at reading the field and finding a receiver. There are some pieces, but when injuries happen we are screwed.

I donā€™t disagree. Iā€™m just saying whatever talent we did have lambert was at his ceiling.