FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he scrapped the triple-option subsequent to the Citadel.

https://vstateblazers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=552&path=football

Heard Butch Davis was in town yesterday & Mike Hill was on his cell phone. Could just be a coincidence.

1 Like

No, our current STAFF was not. Our current HC was.

Vote now

Kennesaw State w/first round bye in playoffs

Oops. 2 years left:

Fedora is more likely to finish out contract than Lambert.

Butch Davis? The dumbass that drafted Winslow over Ben Roethlisberger? How has that worked out Browns fans? I hope they absolutely stay away from any ACC coaches, past or present.

To start speculating who Mike Hill will bring in is anyone’s guess. I personally don’t believe our personnel jives with a Bohannon type scheme. We need to build around our kids (in spite of a lot of opinions on here, we do have high levels of talent at all of our positions, they just need to be driven a little more). I know there is a lot of football talent in this area and that a lot of kids are going elsewhere to play and local coaches say they never see Charlotte coaches, blah blah, but what about the kids from all over that have been given an opportunity to play here, do you think being here means any less to them than your “locals?”

Build around our Personnel? Are you kidding? A great coach would start cleaning house immediately by bringing in talent. When chuck noll took over the perennial loser Steelers he was quoted as telling his new team:

“Look, I’ve been watching the game films since I took the job. And I can tell you guys that the reason you’ve been losing is not because of your attitude, or your psyche, or any of that stuff. The problem is you’re just not good enough. You know, you can’t run fast enough, you can’t jump high enough, you’re not quick enough. You’re techniques are just abysmal. I’m probably going to have to get rid of most of you…and we’re going to move on.“

That was sarcasm. Butch is too old to rebuild another program. If you pay attention to college football he has been pretty successful at that. He was in town yesterday & Mike Hill was on his cell phone on the side line but Butch was busy coaching at the time. But no I was not serious. You seem pretty knowledgeable of all things football. Who do you think we should hire?

I would look hard at someone like Doug Mallory.

i didn’t think a college team could trade and “let go” players. amiwrong?

Well, scholarships are only annual agreements.

A great way to restart the program!

FAU went from 3-9 to 11-3. That was not just because they coached better.

A lot of it was. Lane won with a whole bunch of guys that went 3-9.
Kiffen should have been national coach of the year last season.
Our guys aren’t that Bad. The teams we play aren’t that good. brad, however, cost us 10-14 points a game by not being creative, not giving our guys a chance to succeed or not adjusting to the circumstances going on.

Do you really want guys that are “not that bad”? Saying something is not that bad doesn’t mean it is good, it means it is bad. Lambert barely recruited FCS level, when our University should be recruiting much higher. Its that acceptance of bad that needs to be eliminated. How high was Lambert’s best CUSA recruiting class ranked? Here is Kiffin’s first class at FAU:

“ First Class: 2017

Following former head coach Charlie Partridge’s departure, it was announced Kiffin would be taking his place in December 2016.

He then had less than two months to not only assemble his staff, but also recruit players for his team. Ultimately, both his and his coaching staff’s work paid off, as the Owls earned the top ranked class in Conference USA for the first time in program history.

Overall, 17 of the 24 signees were ranked at least three stars.”

Fain, Highsmith, Gemmell, Tucker, Delucia, Cruz, most of the oline among others could play on any team in CUSA. That’s what I mean by not that bad.

We have huge holes, but we aren’t devoid of players that can play for us at a competitive level.

Brad has recruited terribly and we’re going to pay for it for several years, but we can’t get good football players to come here.