Fire lutz

[QUOTE=bball49er;206963]Iā€™m glad crack cocaine wasnā€™t available to me when I was in college.[/QUOTE]

Its called Sarcasm. Not a drug though, hereā€™s a definiton if you would like to find out what it is. [URL=http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm]http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm[/URL]

Its called Sarcasm. Not a drug though, here's a definiton if you would like to find out what it is. [URL=http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm]http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm[/URL]

Oh. In THat caSE, ypu aremnā€™y funny.

[QUOTE=bball49er;207190]Oh. In THat caSE, ypu aremnā€™y funny.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the compliment! :biggrin:

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;207187]Good maybe weā€™ll get rid of Judy and the whole athletic department in the process. [/QUOTE]

Did anyone read the Q&A that Judy had with the Observer? I did a quick glance and didnā€™t see any threads here relating to it but she stated that she is not the one that will make the call on football. Just thought I would point that out since everyone seems to blame her for not having football.

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;207405]Did anyone read the Q&A that Judy had with the Observer? I did a quick glance and didnā€™t see any threads here relating to it but she stated that she is not the one that will make the call on football. Just thought I would point that out since everyone seems to blame her for not having football.[/QUOTE]

That little fact has been pointed out before. Iā€™m not necessarily defending her, but we need to realize that many factors are involved in this situation. Although itā€™s not her decision, I donā€™t think she has been very much for it either.

If you witness a crime and do not report it (Judy), then you can be charged with an offense as well.

bumpā€¦

nah j/k

Just saving time for those who wish to utilize this thread later.

Amazingā€¦since Lutz was the one to actually keep it close in the 2nd half.

The players on this team have tunnelvision when they hit a few shots,
get rattled when there is pressure, and forget how to pass towards the end of games.

The TOā€™s and subs slowed the game down long enough to keep the players from going frantic, which is what finally happened at the end.

I will add myself to the Fire Lutz camp. Itā€™s not because of this one game by the way. Unless we finish strong in the A-10 tournament and make the NCAAā€™s or have a really deep run in the NIT, this season is a failure. Lutz needs to be held accountable. I know from a reliable source that there is issues with buying his contact out and all that. I think itā€™s ashame where we have fallen from two seasons ago. As I said in the Chat room, I fear weā€™re a program headed to where making the NCAA"s once every 3- 5 years will become success. I thought under Lutz we had gotten past that. I was wrong.

gets tiresome. same message, same time every year.

[QUOTE=tm49er;206930]Iā€™ve said it before, Lutz needs to go. No offense, no defense. Time for a change. Been that way for quite a while. Bring back Mullins and the ā€œMotion Offenseā€.[/QUOTE]

I am sick of these threads. Lutz is going no where unless he wants to. Every time we lose a damn game these threads pop up. This means, we are looking at another 7-10 before the season is over.

Get over it. Lutz is here for a while.

I am sick of these threads. Lutz is going no where unless he wants to. Every time we lose a damn game these threads pop up. This means, we are looking at another 7-10 before the season is over.

Couldnā€™t have said it better.

[QUOTE=tm49er;206930]Iā€™ve said it before, Lutz needs to go. No offense, no defense. Time for a change. Been that way for quite a while. Bring back Mullins and the ā€œMotion Offenseā€.[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At this point Lutz couldnt go much of anywhere if he wanted to. If he canā€™t fill the seats, it wonā€™t be his choice if heā€™s with us or not.

Bobby Lutz is dangerously close to becoming the equivalent of Chuck Amato to our program.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;212209]At this point Lutz couldnt go much of anywhere if he wanted to. If he canā€™t fill the seats, it wonā€™t be his choice if heā€™s with us or not.

Bobby Lutz is dangerously close to becoming the equivalent of Chuck Amato to our program.[/QUOTE]
Couldnā€™t have said it any better! Maybe we can ship him to UNCW to be Mossā€™ assā€™t. Wonder if Bennyā€™s team also plays no ā€œdā€.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;212209]At this point Lutz couldnt go much of anywhere if he wanted to. If he canā€™t fill the seats, it wonā€™t be his choice if heā€™s with us or not.

Bobby Lutz is dangerously close to becoming the equivalent of Chuck Amato to our program.[/QUOTE]

My friend as right as you may think you are, you are very delusional.  We don't have near the amount of money as a NC State, so we can't just ship someone out when we see fit.  See there is a problem when you have to come up with the money to BUY OUT Lutz's current contract then turn around and pay another coach a   similar or slightly lower contract.   We just don't have the $$$.

Also, Chuck Amato is a football coach, a better comparison might have been Mike Davis, although Indiana has probably ten times the money we do, more support, and are able to do whatever they want to as far as coaching goes.

This one is not a coaching problemā€¦this one is a recruiting problem. We just donā€™t have that one special player that can give this team a boost and we needed a boost in the 2nd half bad. Otherwise, Coleman played great. EJ played great. Leemire played very good. Not much from anyone else that I can remember. DA was held to pretty much nothing. Thought the D was pretty good, I donā€™t remember too many bad 3s, we went inside and did very well. During the GW run in the 2nd half (which I could feel coming) they hit some big shots as well.

My friend as right as you may think you are, you are very delusional. We don't have near the amount of money as a NC State, so we can't just ship someone out when we see fit. See there is a problem when you have to come up with the money to BUY OUT Lutz's current contract then turn around and pay another coach a similar or slightly lower contract. We just don't have the $$$.

Also, Chuck Amato is a football coach, a better comparison might have been Mike Davis, although Indiana has probably ten times the money we do, more support, and are able to do whatever they want to as far as coaching goes.

I think its a valid point to argue that we cannot buyout Lutzā€™s contract, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a valid to compare him to Mike Davis. Mike Davis actually made it to a Final Four. Lutz is more like a [SIZE=2]Pete Gillen, he received an extension after a couple good years, well respected amongst other coaches, but canā€™t sustain a program for very long. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]And as for the post about our current situation being a recruiting problem and not a coaching problemā€¦who do you think does the recruiting?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Remember everyone, Greg Marshall is right down the roadā€¦[/SIZE]

We have sooooo much potential, its just not utilized. Not that its a coaching problem though. I think Lutz does a great job coaching. I think I agree 49er96ā€¦ we do need that one game changing player. Someone who just magically makes a nasty dunk to get the team back on track or someone who makes that impossible three. I think we have that in Ian and Carlos, it just needs to be polished.