Fire Ron Sanchez

You are right. Mr. Withers, ignore this thread and become a 49er

3 Likes

Same.

Would tolerate another year of Sanchez and would pull for a HUGE season just to see Withers & Brice on the court together.

May would actually buy tickets to see that too.

2 Likes

The student fees are in line with other institutions in the state. That is excluding NCSU and UNC who are way lower than the rest.

It’s a common theme in college sports that students are subsidizing more and more of the expenses. I would say we are not out of line in that aspect. The question is will the whole of college sports crumble if this method continues.

2 Likes

Lots of schools outside of NC may also have a subsidy from the institution but not have a fee. NC state law stops tuition and academic funds from funding athletics, so we have to have it show up as fees. Paying players could absolutely make the house of cards collapse - as athletics is a net money loser for most schools without additional insitution support.

I’d take Withers. I hope he could move the needle, just not sure to be honest

1 Like

This goes a long ways in explaining why you want to retain Sanchez. Get some higher aspirations man! PS. Please don’t tell Aresco what you think.

3 Likes

My point was if the AD doesn’t care what the fans think, especially about the state of the basketball program, then they are limiting their source of income to strictly student fees. Basketball attendance is already low and will only get worse as fans start to feel more alienated by an AD that doesn’t seem to share their idea of success. If Hill would give us something to get excited about and put a good winning product on the court we could double or triple our income from ticket sales and those fans who are buying tickets will also be more likely to donate money. Keeping a coach with an overall losing record, 0 wins in the conference tournament and a losing conference record in year 5 does nothing to encourage fans to attend games or donate to the cause.

1 Like

For the AD to care, he would have to publicly acknowledge his failures

I think the point is that unless the big donors stop giving and/or a mass exodus of smaller donors as well then the AD doesn’t feel the pressure to make a change. If Hill believes Sanchez is the guy and the only noise is from posters online then he isn’t going to make the chance because of that.

That is not to say the only complaints are online but just pointing out that those matter a lot less than the people who he sees face to face.

I will add that in my emails to the AD they have always responded and although may not have always done what I would have liked they at the very least wrote back.

1 Like

AD doesn’t care what we think but yeah, he cares about the seats

The challenge is when people stop donating or stop buying tickets it makes change even more difficult because it’s reduced the funds available.

Mike definitely cares about winning and seats. For whatever reason he thinks he has the right path chartered. We can disagree with him, but he knows winning makes his job easier. He’s working for a chancellor who didn’t hire him while leading a fund drive for a large facilities plan. For him to be successful he has to win.

4 Likes

5,000 more butts in $20 seats for 10 home games about $1,000,000 extra basketball cash plus concessions and sales of championship memorabilia. Or not with the current course charted

I have never sent an email to the current AD and not received a good response. Can’t expect anything more from someone leading a D1 program when it comes to outreach.

We wouldn’t have to constantly email him if he would make a better hire.

For consideration: CUSA is 8-1 this post season,
may not mean anything, just saying

Dear Mike Hill,

Please fire Ron Sanchez at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Most of us who care

4 Likes

Probably should sign your real name on that if you’re going send it. People tend to not respond to anonymous letters from unknown subjects.

My name is dirtybobniner

1 Like

Now 9-1

2 Likes

Just pointing out it easy to complain and talk crap while hiding behind a screen name but takes a bit more to actually sign your name to it. Might get you a bit further with the AD if you actually did.