Fire Ron Sanchez

BE nice to win this, FAU win the big one and NT or UAB
take the NIT…CUSA sweep.

4 Likes

Thanks Dirty

“We will double the season-ticket holders, we will double the gates at the Garden. This is going to be a special ticket again,” Pitino said. “[Fans are] going to see a style of play, they’re going to see a culture that is going to be very noticeable from the first game, and we expect big crowds.

Haters gonna hate.

1 Like

You keep talking about haters. What is there to love?

Ted is gonna fanboy

1 Like

It doesn’t have anything to do with our level. It has everything to do with the NC Board of Governors. If we could float bonds to fund our stadiums and use taxpayer money the way the other state schools did, then we wouldn’t have to be so dependent on student fees. It’s why we have to have projects for sports fully funded before we can proceed. It’s why we have historically had one of the lowest per student funding in the state system for academics.

It’s all the anti Mecklenburg bias from Raleigh.

2 Likes

Anyone that thinks everything is fine isn’t looking at the current state objectively. Anyone who thinks everything is awful is letting the emotions dictate their pov.

It’s just an exhibition. Wins don’t really mean any thing, but the wins are better than losses.

Our students fees fund the everyday finances of the athletic department. The bonds are used for capital improvements not for operating funds. Those are two different things. You are right though the bond rules on us are BS from Raleigh.

We rely on student fees because we don’t have enough donors and we don’t have a big media contract or massive sponsors. That has nothing to do with Raleigh. Other state schools are under the same restrictions of institutional funds as we are as that is state law.

Now other schools have done things like put a class room in the dean done to help with funding or borrow from physician funds to stay afloat.

3 Likes

You’re probably right. We would be winning conference championships in revenue sports & selling out Richardson Stadium & Halton Arena regularly if the UNC system wasn’t holding us down.

Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick

1 Like

Hey Dirty,

Didn’t you just sign up like yesterday? You have demonstrated a keen interest and focus with the Fire Sanchez thread?

It would be nice, but unrealistic. With student fees helping pay the way, they get in free if they want to come. Not sure how much of Halton is reserved for students, so probably not ever adding 5000 paying fans.

Hopefully the AAC won’t screw us over the way CUSA did with our schedule. 5 home conference games where the students were out of school. It did wonders for our attendance numbers and really blunted an increased student turnout that was starting to happen.

They also have blocked us from getting a med school or law school. Both sources of big donor funds.

1 Like

Hey Mean,

Been reading the topic for awhile and decided to offer up my thoughts/opinion, just like you.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you. I believe you are rat, a dirty rat.

1 Like

At one time Halton was reserved with roughly half of the arena dedicated to students because of the fee to build Halton - which was separate from the athletic fee. The agreement was brokered with SGA at the time. Same style fee that was charged for the student Union. Athletics doesn’t actually operate Halton, facilities does. Athletics actually has to rent the building out. I am not sure about the current student allotment.

You’re entitled to believe anything you want. Some people believe the world is flat….

That’s as much on our spineless administration as it is on the state.

The BoG has done us no favors but we have had leaders that far too often bowed to them. Gaber is not one of them.

There was resistance at the state level to football, we navigated that politically. There us resistance to change our name so we are doing an end around on them.

I can’t stand how we get treated by the BoG but I also hate hiding behind the state treatment as an excuse for our shortcomings that are on us.

For reference ECU has the medical program with fees in line with ours. Most G5 programs see athletic funding support online with what we have. The biggest reason we don’t have more donors is we haven’t won things that matter that drive donor engagement and for years we didn’t have football which is critical in building a connection with athletics. Both of those things are on us.

1 Like

True, but it also helps to have well healed alumni making the donations.

Can’t speak to what the chancellors did or didn’t do to lobby or rally forces to lobby, but the BOG ultimately controls the purse strings and I think sign off on what programs we’re allowed to offer.

BoG approves programs, legislature controls money.

I can speak for what recent chancellors have done and haven’t done.

We have far more advanced degrees than App but our fees are roughly the same. The issue is far more winning than it is type of graduates. Sure it wouldn’t hurt to have some lawyers and doctors, but more than that we need to F’n win things that people care about. This town loves a winner and if we win we will get plenty of Charlotte money, unfortunately right now winning is not something associated with our brand. Ron isn’t helping. I sure hope Biff does.