First Family of Hoops ?

I think I need to print this story so I can piss on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=3922534

At this it is only a matter of time before he is compared to Obama.

BTW…nothing personal against the Currys themselves…BUT NOBODY IS THIS IMPORTANT.

Stephen A. Smith. I’m suprised he didn’t type the article in ALL CAPS!!! HOWEVAH!!!

Can we please get away from the Curry bashing? I hate Davidson as much as everyone else here, but the constant Curry bashing reeks of jealousy and bitterness. Face it, the kid can play and we’d be eating all of this attention up if he was a Niner. He’ll be gone in a couple of years, he won’t amount to much in the NBA, and Davidson will return to their place as a mediocre SoCon team.

If it makes you feel any better, just think…last year was the best team they’ve had in ages and we still beat them.

I believe the thread is more Stephen A. Smith/ESPN/media hype bashing than Curry bashing. With that said, $@#% Curry.

I believe the thread is more Stephen A. Smith/ESPN/media hype bashing than Curry bashing. With that said, $@#% Curry.

I concur.

Can we please get away from the Curry bashing? I hate Davidson as much as everyone else here, but the constant Curry bashing reeks of jealousy and bitterness. Face it, the kid can play and we'd be eating all of this attention up if he was a Niner. He'll be gone in a couple of years, he won't amount to much in the NBA, and Davidson will return to their place as a mediocre SoCon team..

No one is bashing Curry. In fact I struggle to remember any time Steph Curry himself has actually been bashed on here. It’s the coveregae of him that we hate.

This just in: Stephen Curry switches brands of toothpaste!!

:vomit:

Dell was my favorite NBA player as a kid, and as much as I loathe all things Favidson, it’s hard to hate Stephen. I hope he goes pro this year so I can stop this horrible self-contradiction that I’m stuck in.

If Stephen played for Loyla Marymount and LMU were getting all the pub, would we really be bothered by it? No. It makes us sick that a school so subordinate to us is getting national pub. They’ll disappear into the depths of obscurity soon enough.

[QUOTE=Max Power;385926]Can we please get away from the Curry bashing? I hate Davidson as much as everyone else here, but the constant Curry bashing reeks of jealousy and bitterness. Face it, the kid can play and we’d be eating all of this attention up if he was a Niner. He’ll be gone in a couple of years, he won’t amount to much in the NBA, and Davidson will return to their place as a mediocre SoCon team.

If it makes you feel any better, just think…last year was the best team they’ve had in ages and we still beat them.[/QUOTE]

No that does not make me feel better.

Did you overlook this statement in my initial comments?

[QUOTE]BTW…nothing personal against the Currys themselves[/QUOTE]

This was not added later.

PorkChop, Alchemist and Chisox get it. It is not hard to figure out.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;385994]No that does not make me feel better.

Did you overlook this statement in my initial comments?

This was not added later.

PorkChop, Alchemist and Chisox get it. It is not hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]

I missed it? :tongue:

Quote from Mr. Smith’s story.

[QUOTE]You might also be looking at the first family of college basketball.

“That’s crazy,” Stephen said, essentially ignoring the overachiever status, pristine image and beautiful Obama-level family portrait the Currys have continuously displayed. “I didn’t expect to ever hear something like that. I’m definitely proud of my brother for making a name for himself. People expected him to be Dell Curry’s son or Stephen’s little brother, but he’s making his own name, making the most of his opportunity at Liberty. Hopefully, he’ll continue to get better and so will I. What else can we say?”

Dell Curry isn’t buying the “first-family” analogy, either.[/QUOTE]

If anyone would have clicked on the link and READ THE STORY, they would see this is an overblown media hype issue and nothing against Stephen Curry.

Just in case I might have had impure thoughts towards the Curry family…I will ask for forgiveness, but I don’t expect it to happen.

ok, “bashing” was the wrong word… but there is definitely biterness towards him on this board given how much he is mentioned. Do a search for Curry and look how many results there are… way too many for my taste.

[QUOTE=Max Power;386013] Do a search for Curry and look how many results there are… way too many for my taste.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=6][B]?[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;386021]

[SIZE=6][B]?[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:biggrin:

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/search.php?searchid=129560

Right not Butler is making him their bitch.

[QUOTE=Max Power;386013]ok, “bashing” was the wrong word… but there is definitely biterness towards him on this board given how much he is mentioned. Do a search for Curry and look how many results there are… way too many for my taste.[/QUOTE]

I think we switch our focus from bitterness to unapologetic bashing.

:vomit:

Dell was my favorite NBA player as a kid, and as much as I loathe all things Favidson, it’s hard to hate Stephen. I hope he goes pro this year so I can stop this horrible self-contradiction that I’m stuck in.

If Stephen played for Loyla Marymount and LMU were getting all the pub, would we really be bothered by it? No. It makes us sick that a school so subordinate to us is getting national pub. They’ll disappear into the depths of obscurity soon enough.

That doesn’t bother me. Neither does Stephanie. Seems like a really cool kid. But any time Davidson has even a modicum of success, it bothers me because I hate Davidson. That’s the beginning and end of the story. I don’t understand why that’s confusing to people.

Because all Niner fans secretly like someone more that the Niners. Even well known alumns and former athletes. We prolly have a few Cornelius fans on here.

That doesn't bother me. Neither does Stephanie. Seems like a really cool kid. But any time Davidson has even a modicum of success, it bothers me because I hate Davidson. That's the beginning and end of the story.[B] I don't understand why that's confusing to people.[/B]
It's because they don't know what the crap a "modicum" is.

What about the Dieners, the Barrys, or the Basdens?

I know there was only one Basden, but come on.

I know there was only one Basden, but come on.
Someone working at the Qdoba's on Park Rd. once claimed to be his cousin. That has to be worth something, right?