FIU @ Charlotte 1/29 6PM ESPN+; 1/30 4PM ESPN+

Last time that happened Brice came out en fuego, right? :fire:

1 Like

2-0 weekend is good. Only 10 turnovers this game compared to 22 yesterday. Young should get another POTW. I wish we had easier and better looking wins against a bad FIU team at home and especially when they were missing their top 2 leading scorers… guess it’s just how it is. Most games no matter the competition are gonna be close and ugly in this designed system I suppose.

Next week needs to be another sweep against a very bad Middle Tenn St

1 Like

Nice weekend sweep. We have 2 studs. If they both stay we have a shot at being good next year. It will be up to Sanchez.

1 Like

Anzac may not be starting by the end of the year, but he should be. Garcia should eat into the minutes as well.

Two good wins, glad to see the guys not give up. Young played his ass off in the game. Was glad to see him get some rest at the 11 min mark. Think that helped him towards the end. Would like to see Shep get a couple min rest as well. Go Niners!

We should blow teams like this out but fiu played harder than us, imo, for most of the games. Our bigs are too slow to get back after hedging at the top of the key. We’re still less than the sum of our parts.

1 Like

The weekend sweep of hapless FIU - coupled with the ODU (4-2) vs WKU (6-2) pandemic postponement - moves the Niners (5-3) into sole possession of second place in the C-USA East.

No way…Anzac is not good.

1 Like

FIU shot the ball too well in the first half for anyone to blow them out, but they played harder. It feels like our guys try to conserve energy by doing things slowly. May be an effect of a short bench. I think the bigs go out a little far and stay a little long when helping. The younger bigs are playing better. Anzac can be a pretty good CUSA big over the next two seasons if he continues to work. I expect Garcia to take a big leap next season. He will be the next key piece to this team. Supica maybe should come off of the bench and see if he gets a little better. CSC must show something in practice to get some run, but he has had some bad luck this season. Looking forward to Threadgill coming back to help spell minutes for Young and Shepherd. If Sanchez can keep the band together the best is yet to come.

1 Like

We played very balanced today and we have outstanding guard play!

Also impressed by FIU today as well , good players and liked their back door cutting offense. Their system is designed to get our bigs out guarding the perimeter, this leaves an opportunity for a back door (we guarded this part well) or a good opportunity to dribble drive by their athletic players.

Their record does not accurately reflect how good of a team they are.

He is a true Sophomore and his vision, physical play, and energy are good. He has a little bit of a short game, but he is still learning. I have seen some guys his age look lost and be studs by the SR season. Garcia has a higher ceiling for sure, but we can get good minutes from Anzac going forward. Supica has looked weak and causes a lot of turnovers. He gets outplayed often. Maybe not his fault as I don’t think he is the best fit for what we do.

If you think Anzac is better Right NOW than
Supica i am not sure what you’re watching. I hope one day he is, but that’s not today. He has hands of stone and is much more TO prone than Milos. He also commits about a foul a minute, it seems and half of those are on offense which also equal a TO.

2 Likes

Never mind. We’re becoming a volleyball school. Beat Clem’s Son tonight.

1 Like

clt says it is :athletic_shoe::pizza:

And tennis. Women beat VT today.

1 Like
1 Like

:thinking: they are statically near the bottom of D1 and their SOS is as well. We swept which we shoulda and should do the same next weekend.

Never said he was better right now, but there is not much of a fall off when he comes in. I think he will be better by the end of the year. EDIT(Maybe not a better player, but more impactful for the team.) Also, his TOs per minute over the last 5 games is not much higher than Supica’s. He does draw some offensive fouls due to screens. That also counts as a TO for him. My statement also was that he should be starting by the end of the season. Take away Friday’s game and he is already getting the same minutes.