FIU @ Charlotte 12/5 - cancelled

Same, didn’t realize how much a handful of Saturdays in the fall meant to my personal sports calendar. Moving on to UTEP I suppose.

1 Like

… and prime time espnu games at that

It sucks. However as a Niner since 1991 fall Saturdays without Niner football doesn’t seem too foreign to me. I know how much those games mean to me because I recall all too clearly what it was like before 2013.

I can understand that. Basketball doesn’t do much for me, but I love college football.

Wonder if we are still going to be at that magical 7% for UTEP? Guessing tickets for FIU will be honored for UTEP, too. But who the heck knows. This year is the pits. The only sport I really care about is college football and the team I follow is our Niners so Saturday’s are rough now.

The silver lining in this could be that the FIU game is re-scheduled for December and more than 7% of us will get to be there to see it.

1 Like

I think we will have to be at 7% thru October.

Hopefully the governor will bump attendence up into November and December and we pick up a game on the 14 and replace this one in December

3 Likes

With state numbers not looking any better I don’t see things changing.

1 Like

We just had record new cases 2 days in a row. I don’t think anything will change before the end of this football season. It sucks but things don’t appear to be getting any better & Cooper will still be in charge until January & maybe longer.

1 Like

What are the hospitalization rates and the death rates right now? Are they increasing?

tenor

6 Likes

Sigh… that is what it feels like. Who knew Lucy’s last name was Covid?

What a shame on top of a shame: it’s a FREAKING PERFECT DAY FOR FOOTBALL. :sunny::wind_face:

If Cooper does win I’ll be curious to see how he handles the winter in NC, most think he went from phase 2 to 2.5 to 3.0 because of election pressure, as cases go up and up does he just say “eh it was going to happen with the phases” or if he does win does he start backtracking through the winter… we will see.

No. Not even close. 1-11 was the worst.

It’s almost football time! For somebody else.

He’ll do whatever Mandy tells him to do.