FIU game 1/28

clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

Cusa is stinky crap, and we are taking advantage of that.

Both could also be true.

Agreed. I wasn’t able to watch much of the game but happy to see him get some quality time. I am really excited with how much this team continues to improve and if we can get a consistent 10-15 minutes from each night, we will be able to stretch Joe out and keep him fresh for late game situations (or OT) and hopefully win a couple of conference tourney games!

At times things looked a bit sloppy, but we maintained our composure and kept ahead of them. Price has done an excellent job as coach so far. We look like a pretty ragtag collection, but one that is making it work. I know we keep winning, but it’s still pretty obvious this team is not nearly as talented as previous Niner teams. We just keep everything together and play as a team and don’t give up. I love that. That shows promise for our program is heading in the right direction and not just pulling in talent and wasting it.

FIU’s court was weird. I can’t say if I like it or dislike it. They also looked like they had hardly anyone at the game.

[quote=“Pork Chop, post:35, topic:30147”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:34, topic:30147”]Not the best played game but we walked out with a win. Learning to win is exactly what they have done. Where is PB to tell us that this is the worst team in Niner history and isn’t being coached. ::slight_smile:

Finally headed in the direction. Just need to keep adding talent! We are just a few points from being at the top of the conference. Kudos coach![/quote]

I think PB pulled a Gerrity on us.[/quote]
I think he is burning down drug stores in Baltimore.

[quote=“cltniners, post:41, topic:30147”]clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

Both could also be true.[/quote]

Both, but there are some stud players in this league. That Diaz kid was legit. His shot blocking threw us a little off our game, and he was money inside on offense too. Doubt we see a better center the rest of the year.

It is hard to believe that we out rebounded FIU 37 to 33 especially talking into the account that we are such a small team. Big Joe is responsible for 10 of our rebounds while the rest of the team have learned to box-out and an out hustle FIU for the loose ball. I attribute this achievement to Coach Price and his staff. I hope that Rose is paying attention. If we managed to pull off a .500 season or even a winning record this first year, I hope we have an additional compensation plan to keep this coach. From what I heard (I generally don’t pay close attention to other teams), GT is really suffering right now (bottom 4 of the ACC) and will probably be shopping for a new coach soon.

[quote=“Ben H, post:43, topic:30147”]At times things looked a bit sloppy, but we maintained our composure and kept ahead of them. Price has done an excellent job as coach so far. We look like a pretty ragtag collection, but one that is making it work. I know we keep winning, but it’s still pretty obvious this team is not nearly as talented as previous Niner teams. We just keep everything together and play as a team and don’t give up. I love that. That shows promise for our program is heading in the right direction and not just pulling in talent and wasting it.

FIU’s court was weird. I can’t say if I like it or dislike it. They also looked like they had hardly anyone at the game.[/quote]

i partially agree about the talent part and partially disagree. i think we are talented but most of our talent is young guards and one big. we are not big or deep, and i think that is the bigger issue.

GaT does not have any money till 2019 to go after Price with the contracts already in place. They are still paying off old coach.

[quote=“woodniner, post:48, topic:30147”]GaT does not have any money till 2019 to go after Price with the contracts already in place. They are still paying off old coach.[/quote]I doubt they wait 3 more years unless Gregory is at least decent those years. They’re strapped for cash, but I’m sure they can find someone to buy it out if things get bad enough.

[quote=“cltniners, post:41, topic:30147”]clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

App State has had similar success in the Sun Belt and they aren’t a very good team. I think both of CLT’s statements are true. Mark Price has done good work in league play and this team has really improved AND CUSA is putrid.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:47, topic:30147”][quote=“Ben H, post:43, topic:30147”]At times things looked a bit sloppy, but we maintained our composure and kept ahead of them. Price has done an excellent job as coach so far. We look like a pretty ragtag collection, but one that is making it work. I know we keep winning, but it’s still pretty obvious this team is not nearly as talented as previous Niner teams. We just keep everything together and play as a team and don’t give up. I love that. That shows promise for our program is heading in the right direction and not just pulling in talent and wasting it.

FIU’s court was weird. I can’t say if I like it or dislike it. They also looked like they had hardly anyone at the game.[/quote]

i partially agree about the talent part and partially disagree. i think we are talented but most of our talent is young guards and one big. we are not big or deep, and i think that is the bigger issue.[/quote]

I can’t wait to see what Price can put together with more than a few months to work with. Pretty much all the guys on the floor were thrown together at the last minute.

The basketball is ugly at times, but this team is much more fun to watch than in years past. At least I get the feeling we are overachieving instead of underachieving.

we have a great foundation of talent and three of our four best players on most nights are freshman. add jackson and the rest of these pieces and one or two more bigs and we are scary talented. i love watching us on the break and the fight we play with. i also seriously believe that davis is an nba player with a little more improvement. white is an excellent defender and can shoot and scott is like a bull in a china shop driving to the rim but also can shoot from three. ob has also stepped up quite a bit. lets hope benas continues to play like he did last night.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:30147”][quote=“cltniners, post:41, topic:30147”]clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

Both, but there are some stud players in this league. That Diaz kid was legit. His shot blocking threw us a little off our game, and he was money inside on offense too. Doubt we see a better center the rest of the year.[/quote]
Definitely not disagreeing that he was tough inside, but the obvious hooks they were letting him get away with on his moves were ridiculous.

Charlotte fans need to be Georgia Tech fans for the next few years so Price sticks around. Unfortunately, they play in a conference with a bizillion teams so it is hard to be upper echelon.

[quote=“JB, post:53, topic:30147”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:30147”][quote=“cltniners, post:41, topic:30147”]clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

Both, but there are some stud players in this league. That Diaz kid was legit. His shot blocking threw us a little off our game, and he was money inside on offense too. Doubt we see a better center the rest of the year.[/quote]
Definitely not disagreeing that he was tough inside, but the obvious hooks they were letting him get away with on his moves were ridiculous.[/quote] Also, he got his ass keeked.

What’s with adding 1.4 secs. I think it should have been when the ball swished which was .1. Grandma said the Refs were trying to add time to cheat us, which I couldn’t argue with.

And the FT where our guy got his own rebound was called for passing the FT line before the ball hit the rim. BS! As long as he didn’t pass before he shot the FT, that’s all that should matter.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:23, topic:30147”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:22, topic:30147”]Best. Postgame. Interview. Evar. :)) :)) :))

You the man, Joe Uchebo. 8)[/quote]"'I keek his ass in high school and I keek his ass in Florida" :))[/quote]

Heard that too but I’m thinking he might have actually said: I geet Dee-azz (Diaz) in high school and I geet Dee-azz in Florida. Loved Jobey’s reaction to it. Good stuff.

Charlotte fans need to be Georgia Tech fans for the next few years so Price sticks around. Unfortunately, they play in a conference with a bizillion teams so it is hard to be upper echelon.[/quote]

I’d say we have him a couple more years at least, I don’t foresee him leaving here after having his son transfer in for his final 2 years. After that, who knows.

Charlotte fans need to be Georgia Tech fans for the next few years so Price sticks around. Unfortunately, they play in a conference with a bizillion teams so it is hard to be upper echelon.[/quote]

I’d say we have him a couple more years at least, I don’t foresee him leaving here after having his son transfer in for his final 2 years. After that, who knows.[/quote]

In some ways, Ga Tech has rapidly become my 2nd favorite team. I hope they make it to the Final 4 the next 3 years.

I’d say we have him a couple more years at least, I don’t foresee him leaving here after having his son transfer in for his final 2 years. After that, who knows.[/quote]

Maybe his youngest son will come here and lock him in for a few more years?