FIU game 1/28

Charlotte fans need to be Georgia Tech fans for the next few years so Price sticks around. Unfortunately, they play in a conference with a bizillion teams so it is hard to be upper echelon.[/quote]

I’d say we have him a couple more years at least, I don’t foresee him leaving here after having his son transfer in for his final 2 years. After that, who knows.[/quote]

Maybe his youngest son will come here and lock him in for a few more years?[/quote]

He did mention he took this job because it was the right situation for him, as in he didn’t have to pack up and move the family again. Really sounds like him and his family enjoy the area. Signing his youngest son would seal the deal long term.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:56, topic:30147”]What’s with adding 1.4 secs. I think it should have been when the ball swished which was .1. Grandma said the Refs were trying to add time to cheat us, which I couldn’t argue with.

And the FT where our guy got his own rebound was called for passing the FT line before the ball hit the rim. BS! As long as he didn’t pass before he shot the FT, that’s all that should matter.[/quote] Clock stops on a foul, which occurred on the shot, which was obviously before the ball went through the net.

Nobody can enter the lane in college ball until the ball hits the rim(unless the rule has been recently changed) Pro ball is different.

One of the biggest no calls was our layup where FIU blocked it coming off of the backboard, that was just a blatantly missed call.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:62, topic:30147”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:56, topic:30147”]What’s with adding 1.4 secs. I think it should have been when the ball swished which was .1. Grandma said the Refs were trying to add time to cheat us, which I couldn’t argue with.

And the FT where our guy got his own rebound was called for passing the FT line before the ball hit the rim. BS! As long as he didn’t pass before he shot the FT, that’s all that should matter.[/quote] Clock stops on a foul, which occurred on the shot, which was obviously before the ball went through the net.

Nobody can enter the lane in college ball until the ball hits the rim(unless the rule has been recently changed) Pro ball is different.[/quote] The ft shooter can’t enter the lane until it hits the rim, but the other players just need to wait until it leaves the shooter’s hands.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:62, topic:30147”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:56, topic:30147”]What’s with adding 1.4 secs. I think it should have been when the ball swished which was .1. Grandma said the Refs were trying to add time to cheat us, which I couldn’t argue with.

Nobody can enter the lane in college ball until the ball hits the rim(unless the rule has been recently changed) Pro ball is different.[/quote]

Honestly, I thought when the refs were looking at the replay of the foul they were having trouble finding when a foul occurred. From one angle I thought it was the player other than Davis that drew the foul. From the other angle it is clear that the other player never touched him. It was a weak call, but probably should not have been within 5 feet of the shooter.

As for Price, I think regardless of the fact that he played for GT, there could be more interest in him coaching at the pro level versus sticking at the college level. Either way, unless he has a real love for what he builds here, he will eventually move on. I think his resume is no where close to where it needs to be so I’m not too worried about a quick jump. He probably has enough money that the money is not going to be the major factor, unless is it is stupid rich money.

Charlotte fans need to be Georgia Tech fans for the next few years so Price sticks around. Unfortunately, they play in a conference with a bizillion teams so it is hard to be upper echelon.[/quote]

I’d say we have him a couple more years at least, I don’t foresee him leaving here after having his son transfer in for his final 2 years. After that, who knows.[/quote]

In some ways, Ga Tech has rapidly become my 2nd favorite team. I hope they make it to the Final 4 the next 3 years.[/quote]Or…hope they suck so they have to make a hire while Hudson is still here