Five worst fanbases

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8479052?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002#sport=NFL&photo=8464402[/URL]

Pick #4 makes me happy. The EXACT same could be said about Red Sox fans.

Good call on the Patriots, the ESPN list didn’t call them out like this one did.

There was no such thing as a Patriots fan until 96 with Parcells, they started to disappear again under Carroll, then now you see them everywhere, not because of 1 player, but because they started winning.

Bandwagon.

I hate this list just because Philly and Dallas fans aren’t on it. They belong there, cause win or lose, 10/15 years ago or now, they’re consistently terrible.

I think Philly and Boston fans suck. NEver liked a team from either city.

I have one thing to say…

Where were the Pats fans when they had Bledsoe?

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;337536]I have one thing to say…

Where were the Pats fans when they had Bledsoe?[/QUOTE]

I was a Pats fans when they had Grogan so F" all of you… And I can understand your Red Sox envy, people always hate the best…

I was a Pats fans when they had Grogan so F" all of you...... And I can understand your Red Sox envy, people always hate the best.....

Jimmyhat you cant honestly think the Pats and Red Sox fanbases are some of the most bandwagon of all time. Keep in mind, guys like you who have honestly been following them their whole life are in the minority.

I was a Pats fans when they had Grogan

So why did you stop being a Pats fan?

this is an irrelevant list.

didn’t include the eagles and the panthers…

this is an irrelevant list.

didn’t include the eagles and the panthers…

They originally had the Panthers on there, but Raleigh and Chapel Hill protested it and got a petition signed by a lot of people in that area. The petition, which was also signed surprisingly by Dick Spangler and Dick Friday (I know his name isn’t Dick, but it sounds better that way) would insure that Charlotte not be in the top 5 of anything, EVER!!

Here’s the original list:

1. unc-chapel hill tarholes 2. Dallas Cowboys 3. NY Yankees 4. Philadelphia Eagles 5. Davidson Wildcats

Ok… How many board members did I just piss off?

You guys don’t know what you’re talking about on this one. The Patriots’ current sellout streak started with the first game of the 1994 season (Bledsoe’s second year). The “bandwagon” being jumped on back then was 5 straight losing seasons and 7 straight seasons without making the playoffs. Why would the fans suddenly start showing up then? Because 1994 was the year Bob Kraft bought the team from the bastards who’d been trying to move the team to St. Louis. Before the St. Louis bastards, the franchise was run by perhaps the most epically incompetent series of owners in NFL history, who dragged us through a major sexual assault scandal, a major cocaine scandal, and a domestic abuse scandal, while the team posted 1-15 seasons in the worst stadium in the entire modern era of the league. So no, we didn’t support the team much back when they were the disgrace of the entire sports world and leaving New England anyway. Sorry 'bout that. Then Bob Kraft showed up, a local guy fiercely loyal to the region, along with Bill Parcells and a rare rookie QB actually living up to expectations. Then the fans showed up. The first playoff appearance was a year later. The first Super Bowl appearance (after Kraft bought the team) was 3 years later. The first championship was 8 years later, following two years without a winning record but still selling out every game.

As for the Red Sox… I’m actually a Red Sox hater and particularly a Red Sox fan hater, so I know what you’re going through, but their sellout streak dates back to early 2003, and they either just set the all-time sellout streak record in MLB history or will do so at their next home game. The league has only been around since before the invention of the first mass produced automobile, so that’s not an easy thing to do. I still hope they miss the playoffs so the local media will just stop talking about them non-stop. 200 frickin’ games to figure out who can win 6 out of 10 instead of just 5.5, and making a big deal out of a .300 hitter vs. a .270 hitter (a grand total of 3 more hits in 100 at bats, all of which are likely to be singles, my god how can anyone possibly care?). You think you’re sick of hearing about them, try living here. But peel away the pink hat wearers and the vast majority are as good and loyal as any team’s fans in any sport could possibly hope for. They’re complete and total morons, but they’re exemplary sports fans.

The fact of the matter is, championship teams will always attract bandwagon fans, but particularly in the Patriots’ case the wagon was already full when they showed up. Not a single seat available in Foxboro. Multiple-year-long waiting lists for season tickets. I have no delusions about Pats fans being the best in the NFL, but they certainly don’t belong on the same list with the Atlantas and Arizonas. That’s just petty or ignorant. The difference between Boston and Atlanta (other than just about everything) is that when Atlanta makes a playoff run, they DON’T attract more fans. Not going to apologize for more Bostonians joining in the fun when they were already selling out anyway. The latecomers are terrible sports fans if they don’t show up and bandwaggoners if they do.

Now if you want to talk about the Celtics, then I’ve got nothing.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;337485]I hate this list just because Philly and Dallas fans aren’t on it. They belong there, cause win or lose, 10/15 years ago or now, they’re consistently terrible.[/QUOTE]

Consistently Terrible? That actually made me laugh. I hate Philly as much as the next person, and I know there are plenty of Cowboys haters out there, but Philly has been consistent with the wins with Reid and McNabb. As for the Cowboys, yeah, they have been terrible until recently.

But when you come off a dynasty that produced 3 Superbowl Rings, and which contained several hall of famers ( a few who haven’t made it in yet), you are due for a let down. If the Panthers were as bad as the Cards, they’d probably be on the list too due to low attendance. I could get a ticket for free to almost any game during the 1-15 season.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;337616]Here’s the original list:

Ok… How many board members did I just piss off?[/QUOTE]

You left out the Red Sox. I didn’t start hearing this Red Sox Nation b/s, until recently. I hate all teams from NY in all sports, but the Yanks are the worse bandwagon team by far.

Also I think the list wasn’t the most hated fans, but it was the worst fans. You could leave the Davidson Wildcats and Tar holes on there ;). As much as I hate Philly, they show up to the games no matter the record, as do Dallas and Yankee fans.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;337616]Here’s the original list:

Ok… How many board members did I just piss off?[/QUOTE]

You missed the Braves. I’ve had all my Braves freinds telling me this year that their just not into baseball. Dacula had a earthquake with a 4.1 with people coming off that bangwagon.

Tintin

[QUOTE=Tintin;337628]You missed the Braves. I’ve had all my Braves freinds telling me this year that their just not into baseball. Dacula had a earthquake with a 4.1 with people coming off that bangwagon.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

You’ve got to be kidding me, yea the Braves have bandwagon fans, but most of the Braves fans I know, still sit in front of the TV and try not to miss many games. Granted it’s a tough time not being in the playoffs when you are used to going every year, how many fan bases out there sans the Cubs, Yanks, and Red Sox are going to fill the ball park when the time is struggling for the entire year?

[QUOTE=Tintin;337628]Dacula had a earthquake with a 4.1 with people coming off that bangwagon.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I’m a Braves fan, and that’s F’ing hilarious. :lmao:

The team is tough to watch this year not so much because they’re struggling, but because of who they’re struggling with. Because of injuries, trades, etc., I turn on a Braves game on any given night and I’ve never heard of half the people in the dang starting lineup. They should be solid next year if the rookies continue to progress, but this year has been the most brutal since maybe 1988.

To all the patriots fans who were fans before '94 good for you, but to the bandwagon crowd you are moving close to the cowboy fans, not quite yet, but close. The only time I cheered the patriots is when they beat the Rams so I could quit hearing about how great Kurt Warner and his crazy wife are (of course his success had nothing to do with Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, Marshall Faulk and a hell of O-line.) However whats with this list picking on teams like Arizona and Jacksonville. Its not the fans fault that Jacksonville isn’t exactly a hotspot, hell nobody wanted to go there for the ACC championship either. As for Arizona its a case of if you field it, they will come. I can’t remember a season where cheering for Arizona made anyone feel good.

So, I thought this list was about the worst fanbases, I guess by attendance over annoyance. Because as bad as a Patriots fan is at least they could actually point to winning dominanace. Its much more tolerable than a delusional Eagles, Cowboys, Jets and oh god no they have something to point to now Giants fan. Cowboy fans were annoying when they weren’t winning, but funny, now there getting worse and Tony Romo is like Steve Guttenburg who plays football, less airheads, more not choking Tony, scratch that, keep it up. Eagles fans are just angry about having to be Eagles fans, its like they draw a salary and a pension from watching that crap. Understandably its been close disappointment time and time again, even by Carolina. Is that a reason to just let yourselves go on cheesesteaks and throw whiskey bottles. Come on its not like its been 25 years since any team in your town won anything, oh wait, it has.

the soul just won the arena bowl get your facts straight homes. You can attempt to claim arena football doesn’t matter but the last I checked it was a pro sport.

How the hell are Cowboy fans not on there?