Football Coach Candidates?

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Ok, do we have interest in Rhule? Heā€™s been a successful college coach and he may want to stay in Charlotte

clt says Rhule knows the AAC.

They are already saying he could go to Nebraskaā€¦ I usually donā€™t like saying anyone is ā€œout of leagueā€ but I think he would want a change a scenery over staying in Charlotte and hearing how bad he coached the panthers every day he went to the grocery store.

He doesnā€™t really have ties to NC either does he?

2 Likes

clt says this gameday changed everything

2 Likes

Man that was a strong pull CLT. I forgot about that GameDay.

1 Like

I was there! Man I felt so happy that morning.

From ESPNā€™s Bottom 10

9. Charlotte 1-and-5ers

Speaking of head coaches, a heads-up to Charlotte administrators. If someone starts knocking on your office door, saying, ā€œCandygram,ā€ itā€™s probably Matt Rhule from down the street.

4 Likes

6Bok

clt says ruhle should take our job or enjoy the tepper payout.

Buy a ranch and beach house. Maybe even a RIVN

2 Likes

What if the Washington Redskins fire Ron Rivera? Iā€™d love to go after him!

I would not. We have to stop trying to recapture the past all the time.

This is a different time with a different challenge. Letā€™s get a proven winner of a coach and provide him with the draft picks he needs to fix the problems with the team.

also,I no longer wanna see Tepper involved in personnel decisions, nor do I want to see a HC have so much sayā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s what I think happens. The Panthers have painted themselves into a corner by making local guy Wilks the interim coach. Now the pressure to keep him as head coach will be tremendous. It would not been that way if anyone else had been made interim coach. And if Wilks isnā€™t giving the job, Tepper/Panthers will be roasted in holy hell for not going with the home town guy who may be a good coach.
I like Wilks and think he should get the job unless a MUCH better candidate can be hired. There will be controversy either way. Itā€™s inevitable the way this is unfolding.
My two cents take.

Isnt this a thread for charlotte 49er football candidates, not nfl?

4 Likes

To be fair the Panthers are the team that actually has an opening

1 Like

We need someone with recruiting and collegiate coaching ties. Itā€™s a very different game than the nfl. Rivera has never coached in college as far as I know. Weā€™d likely just be repeating the mark price experiment.

Not exactly bc price had basically no head coaching experience anywhere

Didnā€™t he have experience as a head coach in an Australian league (and didnā€™t do well either if I recall)