Football Coach Candidates?

Yelling College Basketball GIF by BIG EAST Conference

clt says this would be interesting

Good points, but did Pitino do it while cheating with strippers and all thatā€¦ I just donā€™t know if there is a way for a school with our resources (lack of NIL money) to go that route anymore without cheatingā€¦

I mean we can catch lightning in a bottle but we are going to have to try to do it twice with Fball and Bballā€¦ tall order.

1 Like

Fair points Ee.

If we hire the right guy he will know how to play in that grey area and could even bring some already established NIL resources.

There are definitely NIL resources to be had in Charlotte, just need to capture some attention of the city.

2 Likes

In football too you can make up some of that with scheme. Thatā€™s why Golesh from UT would be at the top of my list.

1 Like

If youā€™re talking about winning a NC then yes. But letā€™s take it one step at a time. Finishing in top 3 in CUSA or the A10 doesnā€™t require cheating or large NIL deals.

The last time that Florida International won a road Conference USA game was against Charlotte, in 2018.

Let that sink in.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s it. Itā€™s time.

1 Like

Is the Mullen rumor for real?

I would say unlikely but Hill probably knows him from his time at Florida.

For me Mullen would be a blind hire. Just sign him up.

2 Likes

One of the Monkens or Dell McGeeā€¦. Need someone who can bring in a P5 qb transfer asap!

I want a coach that will be here for about 4 or 5 years until some SEC school throws exorbitant amounts of money at him because he has been so successful.

We will also need a coach who can hit the transfer portal and JUCO ranks hard to plug holes in our roster (DB!! and spots on both lines), as well as re-recruit existing players (Spencer!) and commits.

1 Like

Bc those p5 qb transfers always turn out well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Will Healy Fired

Per Hunter Bailey:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article267747667.html

What a terrible list

2 Likes

That list is unimpressive to say the least.

Hamilton is a journeyman with over a dozen stops on his resume and no experience running a program.

Joe Cox is extremely inexperienced. You want Healy 2.0?

Josh Gattisā€¦ Ugh. Just read this:

Heck Minter is the best name on that list and we could have had him anytime over the last decade. He is the coaching equivalent of a safety school.

Do better.

Thatā€™s just a media list of mostly guys with a Charlotte connection. Means absolutely nothing,

7 Likes

Anyone but not Mike Minter or Pep Hamilton

1 Like

clt will be monitoring the flight trackers this week

2 Likes