Football Coach Candidates?

He may not be the most exciting hire but Skip Holtz would be hard to pass if he would take it. Heā€™s solid and at 59 heā€™s not going to jump ship with a little success. That type of stability is what this program needs. Hell he won the USFL championship, beat a ton of big time programs while at USF and was dumped for one off year. He went to bowls 75% of seasons at LaTech.

2 Likes

Interesting names listed in this article.

Skip Holtz would be a good hire. He is vastly experienced with a winning record.

I see nothing negative about him as a potential hire.

1 Like
1 Like

Alex might be the only no HC experience guy Iā€™m down for.

3 Likes

Who do you think is the best recruiter out of the potential hires?

1 Like

Something else to think about. The competition.

And there will be more openings, as pointed out by Vannini in his follow-up piece about Healyā€™s firing.

Scott Fowler opines for Mike Minter, so I guess that settles that. :roll_eyes:

Fowler knows as much about our football program as I do about nuclear physics.

7 Likes

Exactlyā€¦screw Fowler.

6 Likes

Fowler sucks! We should give his opinion zero thought. He has paid no attention to our program until today. Shut up Scott!

5 Likes

Minter has gone 40-55 at Campbell. What am I missing that he should even be considered in the conversation??

3 Likes

Nothingā€¦he should not be considered.

Scott wants a feel good story he can get some clicks on to feel relevant for a few days, he doesnā€™t care about our program.

1 Like

Scott Fowler can go eat sh!t.

One of my pet peeves is media people who pay no attention to specific teams or sports until some big event happens.

Has happened a lot in soccer and boxing coverage over the years.

I donā€™t read the observer but I bet I couldnā€™t pay my rent with 10 per word heā€™s written about us this year before today.

4 Likes

Alex Golesh- OC Tennessee Volunteers
Curt Cignetti HC James Madison
Garret Riley OC TCU

3 Likes

Cignetti was getting $425k when JMU hired him, but he got an undisclosed pay bump this year. Iā€™d guess he is making around $750k-$1M now.

I was more surprised to see he is 61 years old. Thought he was a bit younger than that.

Cignettis defense is currently ranked 11th nationally and his offense is currently ranked 17th, the only other programs that are ranked nationally in the top 20 in both defense and offense are Alabama and Georgia, he is worth the money, as far as his age goes if you get 4-5 years out of him and he upgrades your program and takes you to a few bowl games it is worth it

1 Like

Apparently, according to the media to be on the consideration list to coach here is just need to have been born in Charlotte, played some games in the city limits, or maybe drank a few cups of coffee here. Do they realize we are moving to the AAC playing the likes of Memphis, SMU, and ECU? This isnā€™t a $1 million a year on the job training program. We shouldnā€™t be a farm system for experimental hires.

9 Likes