Football Committee meeting

btw, watch the news tonight. Should be something on WCNC6 and FOX Charlotte

Thanks Gill! Love the text bubbles. :thumbsup: Looks like they are doing a robust analysis.

When is the ā€œyes/noā€ vote?

[QUOTE=NinerPride;251296]When is the ā€œyes/noā€ vote?[/QUOTE]
Target date is next spring. If a ā€œyesā€ then the first season of football wil be 2012 with 1-A in 2016.

nice work.

I am going to be nice here and just say "thank god for Mac Everett"
and omit what I am really thinking in those pics

I have a question for those at the meeting:

usually when committees are formed and meet, there are action items handed down to various members of the committee and they are required to bring the data to the next meeting. Were any action items assigned? I am just curious who they delegating to come up with the data needed to make a decision.

or did they just brainstorm and break up w/o anything to bring to the next meeting?

no Dubois?

is it meā€¦
or does Judyā€™s body language worth a thousand words?
like she has no say in this matter?

On the post it paper where the ā€œNOā€ reasons are listed one response was " doesnā€™t bring people to campus". Did the genius that thought of that go to Duke or what?

is it me... or does Judy's body language worth a thousand words? like she has no say in this matter?

Judy? I thought that was her admin assistant. Where is the poly power suit?

Football rocks. Didnā€™t they write all the alleged negatives about football in pink?

D-I football. I canā€™t wait for us to joint the BigEast.

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;251320]Football rocks. Didnā€™t they write all the alleged negatives about football in pink?[/QUOTE]
LOL :lmao:

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;251320]I canā€™t wait for us to joint the BigEast.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. They havenā€™t named any specific conferences that I can recall, but they specifically put down: ā€œthink Louisville, Cincyā€¦ā€

Great work on the pictures Gill, any word on the next meeting?

I have a question for those at the meeting:

usually when committees are formed and meet, there are action items handed down to various members of the committee and they are required to bring the data to the next meeting. Were any action items assigned? I am just curious who they delegating to come up with the data needed to make a decision.

or did they just brainstorm and break up w/o anything to bring to the next meeting?

no Dubois?

No, Dubious wasnt there. Of course heā€™s already stealing the credit for the whole idea.

Neways, our Povost is going to contact other provosts and get the 'negativesā€™and I think the positives that the academic people thought about.

Also, Judy was in charge of contacting other ADā€™s. Jeff Leak was also talking to other professors maybe. There is another oneā€¦ I cant think of it.

Gill - fantastic job with the pics!

Iā€™m really happy with all the marker-board comments. It looks like the school is taking the right approach. Do you remember what was said about the student fee increases? I see ā€œ5%ā€ - does that mean a steady 5% increase in student fees for a few years?

Everything sounds like it is going good for football. All the stuff Iā€™m hearing is very good and I canā€™t wait for the decision to be made.

One thing i saw on the posters that I liked was about the fields, mainly the mentioning of lacrosse. not sure if it was for womenā€™s lacrosse or not(it probably was), but that could give our team an actual field down the road, which would be awesome.

Gill - fantastic job with the pics!

Iā€™m really happy with all the marker-board comments. It looks like the school is taking the right approach. Do you remember what was said about the student fee increases? I see ā€œ5%ā€ - does that mean a steady 5% increase in student fees for a few years?

They are actually talking about the 5% increase in student feeā€™s the AD requests each year to keep up with inflation, rising gas prices etc etc.

They are basically saying that they would still need to keep the 5% going, and add a seprate increase for Football. I dont know if they would add another 5% increase per year for just football. Im pretty sure though thats what was ment.

deleted

sooooooo, whatā€™s next?

When is the next meeting?

Thursday August 30th, 8am, Belk Track and Field

For those of you who attend these football meetings has there been any mention of where the team will first play? I understand that if Charlotte starts football we will begin playing in 2012 but has there been any mention of where the team will play, possible stadium options, or practice facilities?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;253406]For those of you who attend these football meetings has there been any mention of where the team will first play? I understand that if Charlotte starts football we will begin playing in 2012 but has there been any mention of where the team will play, possible stadium options, or practice facilities?[/QUOTE]

I think the two most often mentioned possibilities, which both have some merit, are converting the track facility to host football or playing at Memorial Stadium uptown. As for practice facilities, nothing has been mentioned that I have heard. They have discussed the need to build the proper facilities needed for a D1 program.