Football Committee meeting

They have mentioned the Track and Field, but I dont think they really want it there, even though they want the games to be on campus. I think Memorial Stadium could be a real possibility.

Looking thru those issues, I did not understand the negatives, were not the negatives also the positives ?

• Having a football helps the bball team, right ?. How could you conclude it does not ? Don’t understand, would we be the only school in the country that could conclude this at this point. What successful bball programs don’t have football, it is very rare.

• Effect on other sports. Only good right, the best all sports programs, men’s and women’s in the country have football teams, that is for sure. We would also have to add sports to complete the Title ___ requirement, more sports equals better, right ?

• So the only negative is financial, right ?

Wasn’t there a meeting today, or is it tomorrow???

Wasn't there a meeting today, or is it tomorrow????

I thought it was this morning…8 am. Anyone else know?

There was a Alumni board meeting tonight and FOOTBALL was the main event.

There was a Alumni board meeting tonight and FOOTBALL was the main event.

Were they talking about Charlotte, or was Phil hyping the introduction of Butch Davis? just kidding

you gotta give more insight than that. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=ninerID;255970]Were they talking about Charlotte, or was Phil hyping the introduction of Butch Davis?[/QUOTE]
:flame: :clap: :lmao:

There was a meeting of the Alumni Association Board of Directors last night. Football was one of the items on the agenda. Darin Spease came in a gave the board an abreviated version of the presentation that he gave to the football committee. This was followed by a breif Q&A. The board asked some good questions and Darin did a great job as always. The board simply wanted to be sure that they were up to speed on the facts and figures that are available on the topic. Other than that, nothing interesting to report.

Thursday August 30th, 8am, Belk Track and Field

did anyone go? Updates, please.

I am sorry to bump a thread, but seriously does anyone know anything about what happend yesterday?

Just wondering, b/c the last couple have brought up an article in the Observer that got other schools message boards talking.