Football Entrance

So I have been thinking about this with the football season starting and all. I know we have some time but…

What should be our entrance?

For reference:

VT - Virginia Tech Enter Sandman Entrance

South Carolina - South Carolina Gamecocks 2001 Entrance

Clemson - Most Exciting 25 Second in ALL of College Football

And More - http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/006896.php (The Texas one brings back memories for some older Niners)

Thoughts? Not having a band at the start will make it interesting.

They could do a band, but save money by just making them a huge pep band, no uniforms or marching charts needed. And don’t take them to away games.

The lack of a band the first few years will be very disappointing. Forget chairbacks, where’s the band?!

[quote=“J Felt, post:2, topic:23820”]They could do a band, but save money by just making them a huge pep band, no uniforms or marching charts needed. And don’t take them to away games.

The lack of a band the first few years will be very disappointing. Forget chairbacks, where’s the band?![/quote]

Works for me - Question remains… What should the entrance be?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:3, topic:23820”][quote=“J Felt, post:2, topic:23820”]They could do a band, but save money by just making them a huge pep band, no uniforms or marching charts needed. And don’t take them to away games.

The lack of a band the first few years will be very disappointing. Forget chairbacks, where’s the band?![/quote]

Works for me - Question remains… What should the entrance be?[/quote]

“Welcome to the Jungle”

Blind - Korn

KoRn - Blind

A large and visible steam whistle like on the old factories. One where you can see the steam rising out.

Inflatable tunnel on the team entrance that looks like a mining shaft entrance.

The team lead by Norm (carrying a large pick axe) runs out as the whistle is blowing at full speed between the band (who play the fight song)/cheerleaders/Golddusters.

Norm races down the middle of the field and when he hits the 40 throws the pickaxe with all his might (he’ll need practice to make it stick in the ground by the point and not slide).

I like it. Very Florida State.

We’ll be on field turf though. Just sayin.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:6, topic:23820”]A large and visible steam whistle like on the old factories. One where you can see the steam rising out.

The team lead by Norm (carrying a large pick axe) runs out as the whistle is blowing at full speed between the band (who play the fight song)/cheerleaders/Golddusters.

Norm races down the middle of the field and when he hits the 40 throws the pickaxe with all his might (he’ll need practice to make it stick in the ground by the point and not slide).[/quote]

That is good. Athough just swinging the axe into something at the 50 might make OSHA feel a little better than chucking a weapon would.

[quote=“s9er, post:8, topic:23820”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:6, topic:23820”]A large and visible steam whistle like on the old factories. One where you can see the steam rising out.

Norm races down the middle of the field and when he hits the 40 throws the pickaxe with all his might (he’ll need practice to make it stick in the ground by the point and not slide).[/quote]

That is good. Athough just swinging the axe into something at the 50 might make OSHA feel a little better than chucking a weapon would.[/quote]

I don’t know who this OSHA hooker is but if she has no problem with flaming spears she better keep her mouth shut about a flying pickaxe! ;D

Steam whistle is good for scores as well! :wink:

Alright, Field Turf nix the pickaxe in the ground. Perhaps a paper mache boulder and when Norm strikes it it cracks open revealing the shattered logo of our opponent.

Gladiator Soundtrack - 13 - Barbarian Horde

Tenessee does the Power T, and John Ward used to do the somehow magical “It’s FOOTBALL TIME… IN TENNESSEE!”

I always liked that. good ideas here - not sure I get the whistle part though.

Seems like we should make use of a mine cart somehow - would be killer if the team captains & norm could ride onto the field on one (a mockup anyway) the way old miners rode the cars in and out of the mines…(while the fight song plays):

Not sure what they should do when they hop off… quick team huddle like Brees and the Saints do? Norm could swing the pickaxe like you guys said. Feels like we need some gold in there somewhere too.

Better mine cart sequence.

clt says this is the way to go: Stone Cold Entrance

Have you guys that are saying Norm should run out with a pickaxe ever picked one up or have any idea how much one weighs? No way would I wish running with one onto a field for 50 yards and then have throw it upon anyone.

I say we have close to 3 years to have our motorsports engineering department come up with a way to motorize a mine cart and have Norm ride out on it before each game. As with everything you put a cool design on it and maybe some sponsors for added revenue. He cracks open some sort of rock at the 50 yard line and finds the other teams helmet inside which he destroys with his pickaxe (using the mine cart as backing so the field isn’t damaged). The first game of each season could be a little different as the cheerleaders ride the cart out to crack open a rock and norm pops out holding the other teams helmet which he goes on to destroy. Kinda lame I know but just a suggestion.

You can drop your Man Card in any available mailbox. ::slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone that complains about having to sit on an aluminum bleacher as opposed to a plastic seat should be telling anyone what to do with their man card. Grow a pair and then you can finally go pick up your man card.

If I put my pair on your forehead you’d sink a foot in the ground. ;D

Seriously though, its a once an every other week run and I see no reason why the pickaxe has to be full weight.

Wonder what the dynamics of driving a vehicle on Field Turf are?

Here’s some cross sections:

Currently the intramural fields there retain a lot of moisture even days after it rains in the winter. I would imagine they’d need to put in a serious drainage system. Could negatively affect the use of a motorized “ore cart” unless it was based off of a light vehicle like a golf cart.

I think Welcome Home would be great.