Football Entrance

I donā€™t know, I think most of the good music entrances have already been claimed (like VT/Sandman). Perhaps someone will pull up a song no one owns yet or someone will put one out in the next 3 years.

These are some really good ideas. We need to let the athletic department know about them. I am all about the mine shaft theme, I have thought about that for a long time now. Even if Norm doesnā€™t throw his axe I think he needs one. Or maybe he can strike his axe into the ground and then use one of these things to make some huge explosions like he is blowing open a new vein.

Lastly, YES on Welcome Home. That is the best intro ever in my opinion. I would absolutely love for the team to come out with that.

I actually really like this and fits with Charlotteā€™s history of love of wrestling. This entrance with something Miner related happening like the carts and axe.

Randy Orton Theme Music Old

Honestly, 2001 gives me chills.

It only ā€œfeelsā€ like that. I am sure there is a kick ass song out there that isnā€™t being used in that manner.

Somebody threw this out a couple of years ago and it stuck with me (and The Advocate hates it). Love the build up with the drums. Va tech owns this with Enter Sandman.

Disturbed-Down With The Sickness(Clean)

I want my idea of marking the 49 yeard line to happen. Soone make it so.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:26, topic:23820ā€]Somebody threw this out a couple of years ago and it stuck with me (and The Advocate hates it). Love the build up with the drums. Va tech owns this with Enter Sandman.

Disturbed-Down With The Sickness(Clean)

I want my idea of marking the 49 yeard line to happen. Soone make it so.[/quote]

[threadjack]
Interesting you posted this, since they are playing at VZ Wireless tomorrow[/threadjack]

Austrian Death Machine - Terminator 2 Theme

Listen up all you motherā€¦

[quote=ā€œcdsniner, post:14, topic:23820ā€][size=small]
I say we have close to 3 years to have our motorsports engineering department come up with a way to motorize a mine cart and have Norm ride out on it before each game. As with everything you put a cool design on it and maybe some sponsors for added revenue. He cracks open some sort of rock at the 50 yard line and finds the other teams helmet inside which he destroys with his pickaxe (using the mine cart as backing so the field isnā€™t damaged). The first game of each season could be a little different as the cheerleaders ride the cart out to crack open a rock and norm pops out holding the other teams helmet which he goes on to destroy. Kinda lame I know but just a suggestion.
[/size][/quote]
[size=small]Great idea. I like the idea of incorporating our major schools into the whole thing. [/size]

[quote=ā€œcdsniner, post:16, topic:23820ā€][quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:15, topic:23820ā€][quote=ā€œcdsniner, post:14, topic:23820ā€][size=small]
Have you guys that are saying Norm should run out with a pickaxe ever picked one up or [/size][size=small]have any idea how much one weighs[/size][size=small]? No way would I wish running with one onto a field for 50 yards and then have throw it upon anyone.
[/size][/quote][size=small]

You can drop your Man Card in any available mailbox. ::slight_smile:
[/size][/quote]

I donā€™t think anyone that complains about having to sit on an aluminum bleacher as opposed to a plastic seat should be telling anyone what to do with their man card. Grow a pair and then you can finally go pick up your man card.[/quote]
Ha!

MOP - Ante Up

I like the pick-axe idea. But I think we need a ā€˜realā€™ Norm - as in a real student with a beard etc, not a costumed mascot. And instead of ruining the field by throwing the pick-axe, there could be a rock pile or something in the end zone (fake or real) that he hits and when he does, it triggers fireworks (ie an explosion) and the team emerges from the cloud of smoke. 8) 8) 8)

As for music, whatever we do, we cannot use the latest hit single as an intro, since it will quickly become dated. We need to use a song that has at least been around for 10+ years, preferably longer. Thereā€™s an AC/DC song in my head but I canā€™t remember the nameā€¦weā€™ve used it for basketball before.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:26, topic:23820ā€]Somebody threw this out a couple of years ago and it stuck with me (and The Advocate hates it). Love the build up with the drums. Va tech owns this with Enter Sandman.

I want my idea of marking the 49 yeard line to happen. Soone make it so.[/quote]

I like this too.

Zack Hemsey - Mind Heist (Inception Music Video)

Or maybe we just hire Hans Zimmer of John L Williams to write one for us?

[quote=ā€œscollie41, post:32, topic:23820ā€]I like the pick-axe idea. But I think we need a ā€˜realā€™ Norm - as in a real student with a beard etc, not a costumed mascot. And instead of ruining the field by throwing the pick-axe, there could be a rock pile or something in the end zone (fake or real) that he hits and when he does, it triggers fireworks (ie an explosion) and the team emerges from the cloud of smoke. 8) 8) 8)

As for music, whatever we do, we cannot use the latest hit single as an intro, since it will quickly become dated. We need to use a song that has at least been around for 10+ years, preferably longer. Thereā€™s an AC/DC song in my head but I canā€™t remember the nameā€¦weā€™ve used it for basketball before.[/quote]

Amen! The fireworks could be gold. I think Thunderstruck would be good, and I believe that Welcome Home would have aged well by that time, itā€™s still going to be really good in 3 years. Honestly, Enter Sandman is nice but I like Welcome Home, Thunderstruck, Down With the Sickness, Ante Up, and a few others ahead of Enter Sandman (though I know we canā€™t use it). I hear it too much. I think something like Welcome Home would be better. That song from Inception is swee.t

Hells Bells is awesome - but I am sure it is being used.

Shoot to Thrill would work - it was in IronMan II

War Machine too

This is what it should be even tho I know yall wonā€™t go for it. (<<Biggest QOTSA fan you will meet btw lol).

Dude just imagine the announcer talking during the opening portion (yea I know there prolly wonā€™t be one or the audio would sound terrible):

ā€œBlah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blahhhh blah blah blahhh.
PLEASE, welcome to the field, YOUR CHARLOTTE 49ERRRRRRRRRRSSS!!!ā€

And then - BOOM - Nick comes in on vocals and the team busts out of the mine shaft tunnel and the place is jumping! Would be sick! Def get people hype, but Iā€™m sure someone will say it would scare the children away from the program. The freakin song title is even about money (which is commonly traded for gold, the main objective of a miner). You canā€™t beat that.

You kids prolly wanna turn this down before you start it.
You Think I Ainā€™t Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire

Furthermore, the title ā€œYou Think I Ainā€™t Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaireā€ speaks volumes about our school, our hardships, and the collective psyche and mental fortitude of our fanbase. For, despite our treatment by the community, local media, and the powers at work in this state, we, THE Niner Nation, stand strong and defiant and know - nay - DECLARE the true value of this fine institution. Now I put it to you, good sirs: doesnā€™t that make you ā€œfeel like a millionaire?ā€

[quote=ā€œ49or bust, post:36, topic:23820ā€]This is what it should be even tho I know yall wonā€™t go for it. (<<Biggest QOTSA fan you will meet btw lol).

Dude just imagine the announcer talking during the opening portion (yea I know there prolly wonā€™t be one or the audio would sound terrible):

ā€œBlah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blahhhh blah blah blahhh.
PLEASE, welcome to the field, YOUR CHARLOTTE 49ERRRRRRRRRRSSS!!!ā€

And then - BOOM - Nick comes in on vocals and the team busts out of the mine shaft tunnel and the place is jumping! Would be sick! Def get people hype, but Iā€™m sure someone will say it would scare the children away from the program. The freakin song title is even about money (which is commonly traded for gold, the main objective of a miner). You canā€™t beat that.

You kids prolly wanna turn this down before you start it.
You Think I Ainā€™t Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire

Furthermore, the title ā€œYou Think I Ainā€™t Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaireā€ speaks volumes about our school, our hardships, and the collective psyche and mental fortitude of our fanbase. For, despite our treatment by the community, local media, and the powers at work in this state, we, THE Niner Nation, stand strong and defiant and know - nay - DECLARE the true value of this fine institution. Now I put it to you, good sirs: doesnā€™t that make you ā€œfeel like a millionaire?ā€[/quote]

I love that QOTSA song, but I think the vocals might be turn off to a lot of people. Feel the same way about a lot of At The Drive In songs. Songs like Arcarsenal have a great build up but the vocals can make people (ie: old people) cringe a bit.

I love the Welcome Home, and it would be an easy song to loop. Iā€™ve always felt like Immigrant Song by Zeppelin would be an awesome intro song. Maybe The Wanton Song?

Incubus- Vitamin is another.

I think ultimately you can get the best collection of kick ass riffs with extended build ups from Tom Morello and the groups heā€™s been in. Rage has Testify, Guerrilla Radio, Bombtrack, their version of Maggies Farm. Audioslave has stuff like Cochise. Even Street Sweeper Social Club has some decent one. Iā€™ll never understand why schools dont use some of his stuff for intros.

Incubus does have that song ā€œA Certain Shade of Greenā€ā€¦ would have to change the 2012 line I guess.

This thread just wouldnā€™t be right without me pimping 311 soā€¦

Hydroponic

Yeah, weā€™d have to probably make it an instrumental (Iā€™m sure they donā€™t want everybody singing along to a song about weed) but the bass line building to a punch in the face from the rest of the band gets me amped every time.

Also, on the same ā€˜schemeā€™:

MUSE - Hysteria Live Teignmouth 2009 HQ PRO SHOT

Personally, I think Hysteria is awesome and would work really well for basketball (the instrumental gives a very nice lull just long enough to introduce the team)

As long as there is a damned train whistle, Iā€™m happy.

I really like a lot of other schools established entrance songs. Perhaps Iā€™m just having a hard time visualizing a song on a track or at a concert with our football entrance, but none so far really grab my appeal. Fireworks are great but other than the ground mounted roman candles that go off beside the player entrance, I just think ā€œskyā€ fireworks work best at the end of a victory. Thatā€™s one of the reasons I like the steam whistle. Its loud and dramatic without being ā€œtoo muchā€. It would be weird shooting fireworks for every score but blowing the steam whistle wouldnā€™t be to me.