Football Entrance

I like the steam whistle idea. I am not sure if it is exactly related to mining, but it seems unique (unlike firing a cannon or doing push-ups) and if it is big and mounted high it might be heard for miles. I like the idea of people in their yards cocking their heads and saying ā€œthe Niners just scoredā€.

I think a steam whistle is universal for ā€œget to workā€. Iā€™m also not sure if anyone else does it, so that would make it unique to us. Maybe Perdue?

I would like to see this played on the jumbotron (at least at the first game) just before the players take the field with fireworks (etc.). You see, the ā€œ300ā€ represent the dedicated Niner fans on this board and those fans throughout the years that have ā€œsacrificedā€ to get this point. The 10,000 are the team and those there on opening day to cheer on the Niners!

ā€œ300ā€ Call To Battle

Anyone have a link to Spanglers comments that spurred the train reference. Something about ā€œit is easier to stop a train that doesnā€™t have any coalā€¦ā€

All I could find was this:

http://www.nineronline.com/2.5290/charlotte-doesn-t-need-football-former-presidents-say-1.545242?pagereq=1#5

Nightmare- Avenged Sevenfold
Blow Me Away- Breaking Benjamin
Superstar- Saliva
Down and Out- Tantric

That and I equate a steam whistle with a train as well.

Something else that would be cool would be if we could somehow simulate a dynamite explosion (loud boom, dust cloud, etc) somewhere outside the stadium but in view, rather than a cannon.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:44, topic:23820ā€]Anyone have a link to Spanglers comments that spurred the train reference. Something about ā€œit is easier to stop a train that doesnā€™t have any coalā€¦ā€

All I could find was this:

http://www.nineronline.com/2.5290/charlotte-doesn-t-need-football-former-presidents-say-1.545242?pagereq=1#5[/quote]

http://administration.uncc.edu/chancellor/outbox.html

You shall find His Excellencyā€™s obtuse comments in a link halfway down this page.

P.S. You better work on your intramurals! ;D

EPIC

E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable (single)

That and I equate a steam whistle with a train as well.

Something else that would be cool would be if we could somehow simulate a dynamite explosion (loud boom, dust cloud, etc) somewhere outside the stadium but in view, rather than a cannon.[/quote]

The speedway has done this the past 3 years while honoring the soldiers. They fire a blank out of a mounted gun and then have the simulated explosion on the other side of the infield. If they wanted to do this they shouldnā€™t have to go to far to find out how itā€™s done.

[quote=ā€œNinercentral, post:48, topic:23820ā€]EPIC

E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable (single)[/quote]

DO WANT!

Something I think would be absolutely awesome would be to have a recording of an old-ish manā€™s voice reading Dr. Dickā€™s quote about laying down in front of a train that doesnā€™t have any coalā€¦ at that moment the whistle blows and the team runs out onto the field. Maybe even a giant inflatable middle finger rises from the end zone nearest Chapel Hill.

[quote=ā€œZombieLew, post:50, topic:23820ā€][quote=ā€œNinercentral, post:48, topic:23820ā€]EPIC

E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable (single)[/quote]

DO WANT!

Something I think would be absolutely awesome would be to have a recording of an old-ish manā€™s voice reading Dr. Dickā€™s quote about laying down in front of a train that doesnā€™t have any coalā€¦ at that moment the whistle blows and the team runs out onto the field. Maybe even a giant inflatable middle finger rises from the end zone nearest Chapel Hill.[/quote]

You know, I honestly would have thought that youā€™d like an entrance with more goat sacrificing and brain eating in it. Oh well.

In Your Honor - Foo Fighters

No link becasue I work for the bank that blocks everything fun.

Run Like Hell (Live/Pulse) is out of left field and if you want to offend a few folks Cowboys from Hell or Walk by Pantera

I agree itā€™s got to be a long bass or drums intro before it all kicks in. Iā€™ve been to several VA Tech games and their fans have a Paplovian reaction to Enter Sandman. Theyā€™ve got a minute or so to go crazy before the team comes out.

Also, no AC/DC. Itā€™s been done.

Guerrilla Radio

Cochise

If youā€™re going to use a train reference I would consider Crazy Train, have a train whistle blow then the ā€œAll aboardā€ from Crazy Train kicks in. Donā€™t really consider it a good entrance song unless your Chipper Jones but it does follow the train theme. I do like the use of all aboard considering how many folks gave their time and energy to get football started.

Why does it work for Chipper? Heā€™s not a trainā€¦ well, if you exclude him plowing those women for those illigitimate children.

I just donā€™t consider it good entrance music but he uses it thats all I was saying. I doubt you will find many teams that come out to crazy train.

I actually think its fine - could loop the first 20 seconds and build into the guitar. And considering how many people thought we were crazy for pushing this and still there are people who think we are crazy for doing it.

I actually think its fine - could loop the first 20 seconds and build into the guitar. And considering how many people thought we were crazy for pushing this and still there are people who think we are crazy for doing it.[/quote]

Iā€™m all for using CrazyTrain but only if its accompanied by video clips of Spangler saying ā€œWe can stop this train before it leaves the stationā€ and ā€œwork on your intramuralsā€. :))

I agree crazy train would be best used in a get on or get the hell out of the way kind of way. I would only use it the first homegame and then try to find something else similar to what some of you have suggested.